Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: I should have known better  (Read 3138 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
I should have known better
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:56:56 PM »

was listening to my ipod on my flight home today and I should have known better came on.  I lose track of this song sometimes and don't hear it for a long period.  Wow, I LOVE this song, the changing tone of John's voice throughout and of course the very cool mental images from HDN when they play it on the train.

nimrod

Re: I should have known better
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:38 AM »

John was absolutely on fire on AHDN, stunning song !!

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 01:24:49 AM »

In the concert scene at the end of AHDN, Paul sings the song in unison with John (lip-syncing, of course). I assume this is because on the track, there are overlaps between John's vocal and his harmonica, and the average fan knew nothing about overdubbing to understand how John could sing and play simultaneously. Paul does not share lead vocals on this, does he? Sounds like a double-tracked vocal by John. Just checking.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

Jema

• Getting Better
  • "The Beatles will exist without us." - George
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 06:31:23 PM »

Paul does not share lead vocals on this, does he? Sounds like a double-tracked vocal by John. Just checking.
No, Paul doesn't sing on that song, it's just John (I'm guessing it's that double-tracked vocal thing, I don't know what you call it ha2ha ). I don't think I'd like the song as much if Paul sang with John, John's voice is what makes the song in my opinion :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 06:34:26 PM »

Wow, I LOVE this song, the changing tone of John's voice throughout and of course the very cool mental images from HDN when they play it on the train.

I was happy to find this old thread and see the love for a song I adore, too, one of my absolute favorites of all time.

I stumbled across this image of John online, and it really struck me for some reason. I'm not sure of the source; perhaps someone here is? I watched the clip from AHDN and it doesn't seem to have been taken from that. My first attempts at a Google reverse-image search failed, and I've got to get back to my work. Perhaps the image is not associated with ISHKB at all. I'd love to get a high-quality print of this, sans the text and image overlay.

So, just thought I'd throw this out here. Such a great song, and so much fun to sing along to in the car! All of AHDN has strong personal meaning to me.

(Yes, I'm still cyberstalking my on on Instagram.  ;) )
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 07:04:44 PM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 09:38:57 PM »

Love this song too. I like all of AHDN. To me it was the peak of John’s leadership of the band. 

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 09:56:44 PM »

I’ve never seen that photo before. It’s a great one.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 10:59:51 PM »

Love this song too. I like all of AHDN. To me it was the peak of John’s leadership of the band.

that is a good way to put it, had never considered it from that angle

Page created in 0.275 seconds with 51 queries.