Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Lennon was a closet Republican: Assistant  (Read 49560 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Lennon was a closet Republican: Assistant
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2012, 08:20:35 AM »

Paul for instance always was much more smarter in hiding his flaws than John, though also less open. Further, he has the big advantage to be still alive, so it's more difficult to spit on him.

Snoopy

Paul gets spit on all the time, but the fact of the matter is that John really was a bigger a**hole than the rest of them. Regarding the four members and their flaws, Paul really was the best out of the bunch now that I think about it.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2012, 01:10:35 PM »

Paul gets spit on all the time, but the fact of the matter is that John really was a bigger a**hole than the rest of them. Regarding the four members and their flaws, Paul really was the best out of the bunch now that I think about it.

nah, Paul was very very egotistical, I mean imagine releasing your solo album 3 weeks before the final Beatle album, and an album where youve took over everyones jobs.................you just dont do that.

George in my mind was the nicest of them, not even an ego.

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »

nah, Paul was very very egotistical, I mean imagine releasing your solo album 3 weeks before the final Beatle album, and an album where youve took over everyones jobs.................you just dont do that.
Well said, Nimrod  8)

Snoopy

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »

i disagree about the Sir Paul was very egotistical thing. i'm not saying that there is anyway to measure such a thing or that it really matters.  i always wonder why Sir Paul is not afforded the visionary label, since alot of his ideas are what fueled several albums, including Sgt Peppers and others. besides it's hard to measure creativity i would think. maybe the beatles were a done deal as far as being a creative entity in the studio goes, too much friction perhaps.

as far as george goes that's something to think about.
 ;yes
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:23:17 AM by 7 of 13 »
day tripper yeah

nimrod

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »

i disagree about the Sir Paul was very egotistical thing. i'm not saying that there is anyway to measure such a thing or that it really matters.  i always wonder why Sir Paul is not afforded the visionary label, since alot of his ideas are what fueled several albums, including Sgt Peppers and others. besides it's hard to measure creativity i would think. maybe the beatles were a done deal as far as being a creative entity in the studio goes, too much friction perhaps.

I dont want to be seen as kicking Paul the beatle, he was brilliant back then and sure was visionary imo..... I'll kick Paul the solo/Wings version though haha

I just didnt like the way Paul handled leaving the Beatles, that story of the other 3 going round to his house asking him not to release his album BEFORE Let It Be and Paul throwing Ringo out does say a lot about his ego...

but whatever, its all water under the bridge now, I just dont like it when Todd puts him up as some sort of saint hahaha

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2012, 02:42:41 AM »

But yet it was fine for John to have Yoko in the studio at all times when they wanted to work? Talk about an ego. Paul released the album because the other three were sh*tting on him at the time. I'm glad he did it.

He banged Maureen though and wasnt the best towards Pattie. I cant let that go. The documentary that was recently out turned me off on him too.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »

I just didnt like the way Paul handled leaving the Beatles, that story of the other 3 going round to his house asking him not to release his album BEFORE Let It Be and Paul throwing Ringo out does say a lot about his ego...

The other three already kicked him to the curb though by suing him and so forth. I would have said f*** You too.

but whatever, its all water under the bridge now, I just dont like it when Todd puts him up as some sort of saint hahaha

ha2ha I admit that was a good one Kev.

I'm not putting Paul in the sainthood category, but when I do the third grade pro's and con's chart, he comes out on top of the other three. I just feel he was a better person to others is all. No biggie.

nimrod

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2012, 03:36:07 AM »

ha2ha I admit that was a good one Kev.

thought you'd like that mate  ha2ha

nimrod

« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2012, 03:41:06 AM »

But yet it was fine for John to have Yoko in the studio at all times when they wanted to work? Talk about an ego.

It became obvious that not only did Paul want to play all the instruments, he wanted to take over from Brian Epstein and george Martin as well

Having Yoko there was Johns little protest lol

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2012, 01:11:43 PM »

It became obvious that not only did Paul want to play all the instruments, he wanted to take over from Brian Epstein and george Martin as well

Well this wouldnt have happened if the other three werent so incompotent.  ;D

Having Yoko there was Johns little protest lol

Coming from the guy that sang 'Give Peace A Chance'.  ha2ha  At least Paul got a kick back from that song.

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2012, 02:15:04 AM »

As a fan there comes a time when you have to face the facts: The Beatles are bastards.

Would I like the Fred Seaman book? I'm going to get it anyway. It might make me cry a bit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 04:20:22 AM by Yeshelloitsmehereagain »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

Would I like the Fred Seaman book? I'm going to get it anyway. It might make me cry a bit.

I dont have it, but everybody says its harsh whether its all true or not.

I doubt you'll like it.

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2012, 06:19:50 PM »

I know that Seaman's book is very controversial and many fans hate it. Personally, I must say that I'm glad to have read it, though it's certainly not my favourite one about John. But it gives an interesting insight about John's last months.

Some passages are enjoyable, some sad, some realitstic, some hair-raising, but one thing is sure: Seaman liked John and always disliked Yoko. It's up to everyone to make his own opinion about it. If you read it, it would be nice to write down your opinion in the forum.

Snoopy

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »

If you ask me Ringo might have been the nicest out of all the Beatles.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2012, 08:56:48 PM »

If you ask me Ringo might have been the nicest out of all the Beatles.

Alcoholic that slapped his old lady around.

Paul wins.

nimrod

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2012, 11:20:51 PM »

I know that Seaman's book is very controversial and many fans hate it. Personally, I must say that I'm glad to have read it, though it's certainly not my favourite one about John. But it gives an interesting insight about John's last months.

Some passages are enjoyable, some sad, some realitstic, some hair-raising, but one thing is sure: Seaman liked John and always disliked Yoko. It's up to everyone to make his own opinion about it. If you read it, it would be nice to write down your opinion in the forum.

Snoopy

yeah but can you imagine if every hired help wrote a book about theyre former employer, no famous person would ever employ anyone........isnt there some sort of ethical code here ?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2012, 12:46:36 AM »

........isnt there some sort of ethical code here ?

Not in the US there isn't.  There used to be at one time though.  And that's sad.
I can stay till it's time to go

Snoopy66

• A Beginning
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2012, 06:45:14 AM »

yeah but can you imagine if every hired help wrote a book about theyre former employer, no famous person would ever employ anyone........isnt there some sort of ethical code here ?
Sure, you've got a point here, though there doesn't seem to be any "ethical code" for famous people in the US, does it ?

Further, Goldmann did a much worse "job" with his trash-book and wasn't even an employee of John, so...

Snoopy

nimrod

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »

Further, Goldmann did a much worse "job" with his trash-book and wasn't even an employee of John, so...

Snoopy

thats my point though, Seaman was paid and presumably trusted not to wash any dirty linen in public and look how he pays John back

Bobber

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »

Well this wouldnt have happened if the other three werent so incompotent.  ;D

A fact. There would have been no Beatles after September 1967.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Page created in 1.021 seconds with 78 queries.