Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: best guitarist out of these  (Read 15543 times)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
Re: best guitarist out of these
« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »

George Harrison
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »

I can't even comment on these.  Where's Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Beck...........I can go on and on.  This is just a "minute" list..............

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #142 on: December 29, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »

Quote from: 758
Dave = I dont think he's as technically gifted as Clapton, but had his own unique tone and made his guitar make noises that no one was doing at the time
Eric = Technically more gifted than the rest, but just plain dull and once youve heard one Clapton guitar line/solo youve heard them all and never changed up his sound much
Pete = Not as technically good as the two before, more creative than Eric with sounds but not as much as Dave, solid Rhythm player.

It's probably pointless for a guy who doesn't play to rate guitar players, but that's what I hear as well.

Quote from: 1458
ouch, make sure you are real Beatles fan, because I don't even consider you as a Beatles fan. I really don't want to listen to your opinion.

Who the hell are you to say who's a "real" fan? This is a discussion forum.

« Reply #143 on: December 29, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »

Quote from: 1161

It's probably pointless for a guy who doesn't play to rate guitar players, but that's what I hear as well.

Who the hell are you to say who's a "real" fan? This is a discussion forum.

umm sorry, but saying that Harrison wasn't even a great guitarist is... for me it's insult for him. I just cover him, please...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #144 on: December 29, 2008, 11:00:54 PM »

Clapton performing Further On Up the Road with the Band. About 55 seconds in his guitar strap comes undone in the middle of his soloing and, effortlessly, Robbie Robertson picks it up right where he left off and proceeds to turn out some not too shabby guitar work himself. What a pro. Talk about underrated. When do you ever hear his named mentioned? But anyway, Clapton is awesome, but I feel a lot of his work has the same sort of sound to it. All bluesy and stuff.

mVHkvH_VlgA

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #145 on: December 30, 2008, 12:18:10 AM »

just because he didn't smash any guitars or wasn't wild in gigs at all, George is still one of the most underrated guitarists, so and

At what point did i mention anything about having to be wild or throw guitars to be good ? thats what i was arguing that im fed up of all these lists made up with 100 guitarists that cant play well but are on there for stupid reasons that have nothing to do with how good a guitarist they are.
-Read my comments properly.

Why would i not be a Beatles fan because i dont rate harrison on guitar ? i dont get what youre getting at ? so if i am to be a fan of somethign i must commit to it 100 percent or not at all ?

There are folk out there who love Micheal Jacksons music but dont agree with his social antics, are they not real fans too ?.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2008, 12:26:35 AM »

Quote from: 216
Clapton performing Further On Up the Road with the Band. About 55 seconds in his guitar strap comes undone in the middle of his soloing and, effortlessly, Robbie Robertson picks it up right where he left off and proceeds to turn out some not too shabby guitar work himself. What a pro. Talk about underrated. When do you ever hear his named mentioned? But anyway, Clapton is awesome, but I feel a lot of his work has the same sort of sound to it. All bluesy and stuff.

mVHkvH_VlgA

Yeah if you look about now there a loads and loads of players playing the same old blues licks that clapton was playing back then but better and some can play faster which may not be everyones cup of tea but it makes them technically better, dont get me wrong he is a good player but would he have been as succesfull today amongst all these more proficient players and was his success down to the fact he was one of only a few white men playing blues good at that time and so is creeping into these lists purely on influence more than skill just like i feel with harrison.

« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2008, 12:49:11 AM »

At what point did i mention anything about having to be wild or throw guitars to be good ? thats what i was arguing that im fed up of all these lists made up with 100 guitarists that cant play well but are on there for stupid reasons that have nothing to do with how good a guitarist they are.
-Read my comments properly.

no, probably you got me wrong. you just don't understand... everything is in soul not about the speed, riffs or solos. George was not the fastest one or not the riff one or not the technical one or not the solo one, but he had a deep soul in his guitar so and in his belief/religion. 21th place for George in the greatest guitarists list is very great, why you disagree with that? Kurt Cobain at 12th place, you know it? he made some of the easiest riffs ever made, he just tuned his guitar to look like he was playing very heavyish. or, Keith Richards, he's at 10th place while Jimmy Page is at 9th place? what a bullsh*t, Keith Richards is soooooooo overrated and Page is just one step higher than he? Jack White at 17th? lol pfffff!!! John Frusciante at 18th place? who the heck is he, lol? why you can't blame it on those untalented guitarists who are way higher than George? but NOOOOOOOOOO, now you have to say that George was untalented, right? give me a break, George rules!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2008, 01:53:28 AM »

no, probably you got me wrong. you just don't understand... everything is in soul not about the speed, riffs or solos. George was not the fastest one or not the riff one or not the technical one or not the solo one, but he had a deep soul in his guitar so and in his belief/religion. 21th place for George in the greatest guitarists list is very great, why you disagree with that? Kurt Cobain at 12th place, you know it? he made some of the easiest riffs ever made, he just tuned his guitar to look like he was playing very heavyish. or, Keith Richards, he's at 10th place while Jimmy Page is at 9th place? what a bullsh*t, Keith Richards is soooooooo overrated and Page is just one step higher than he? Jack White at 17th? lol pfffff!!! John Frusciante at 18th place? who the heck is he, lol? why you can't blame it on those untalented guitarists who are way higher than George? but NOOOOOOOOOO, now you have to say that George was untalented, right? give me a break, George rules!

All of my favourite guitarists play with feeling and arent technically the best, guys like John Frusciante,Hendrix..... but the question was who is better and of the four Harrison is the weakest technically and playing with sould doesnt make up for it, its all good playing with feeling but you still have to have some skill.

Hendrix is technically great and has so much feeling in his playing
Harrison is not technically great and from what i could see looked to be playing the instrument like another guitarist from the early 60's, he may have been feeling it inside but didnt express it the same way hendrix did.

Anyways Clapton,Gilmour and maybe even Townshend play with more feeling then Harrison so he still comes last imo - one of the main things about playign with feeling is just playing and seeing where the music takes you and not the other way round, Harrison played  his solo's note for note the same as on his albums thats not feeling thats just a robot ;)

« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2008, 02:27:08 AM »

All of my favourite guitarists play with feeling and arent technically the best, guys like John Frusciante,Hendrix..... but the question was who is better and of the four Harrison is the weakest technically and playing with sould doesnt make up for it, its all good playing with feeling but you still have to have some skill.

Hendrix is technically great and has so much feeling in his playing
Harrison is not technically great and from what i could see looked to be playing the instrument like another guitarist from the early 60's, he may have been feeling it inside but didnt express it the same way hendrix did.

Anyways Clapton,Gilmour and maybe even Townshend play with more feeling then Harrison so he still comes last imo - one of the main things about playign with feeling is just playing and seeing where the music takes you and not the other way round, Harrison played  his solo's note for note the same as on his albums thats not feeling thats just a robot ;)

okay okay okay then, mr. obviously  ::)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2008, 08:33:21 AM »

ouch, make sure you are real Beatles fan, because I don't even consider you as a Beatles fan.

A word of advice pal. Do not come on here and accuse anyone of not being a Beatles fan. This is a discussion forum, and everyone's views are welcome.

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »

Quote from: 483

A word of advice pal. Do not come on here and accuse anyone of not being a Beatles fan. This is a discussion forum, and everyone's views are welcome.

EXACTLY... discussion... everyone can say their opinion INCLUDING ME... what I'm an alien or what... huh?

guitarlover

« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2010, 06:17:40 AM »

Eric Clapton is my favorite guitarist ever.

When he plays on his guitar he rock the world.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »

Jimi Hendrix's performance of the 'star spangled banner' at Woodstock proves to me how much of an amazing guitarist he is. He said so much about the Vietnam War, and every other issue going on in the world all in his guitar playing. He's not my favorite guitarist, but I can't deny the fact that he's the greatest guitarist of all time.
Hendrix National Anthem

George does not approve.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 69 queries.