Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Al Aronowitz  (Read 1782 times)

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
Al Aronowitz
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:08:11 PM »

In February 1964 The Beatles arrived in the USA. Al Aronowitz was the journalist designed to cover the Beatles tour for the newspaper he worked at: the Saturday Evening Post. His report was published at SEP 21 March issue under the title 'Yeah!! Yeah!! Yeah!! Music's Gold Bugs: The Beatles'. Does anybody know if this report is uploaded anywhere??

Thank you in advance and best wishes!! ;)

Xose

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Al Aronowitz
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:09:38 AM »

http://backpages.com/article.html?ArticleID=49

You must subscribe to download the full article, Xose.
I can stay till it's time to go

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »

Quote from: 59
...You must subscribe to download the full article, Xose.

Thank you!! ;)

Xose

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »

Al died fairly recently, about 18 months ago. His features are available free of charge on http://www.blacklistedjournalist.com
Al came to Liverpool with his photographer to write for the Saturday Evening Post. Virginia and I took him all around Liverpool, the Cavern, the Blue Angel etc and introduced him to the groups and various other people. Although Virginia and I weren't originally invited to the Beatles Civic Reception, Al was. Virginia's mother was furious that we weren't invited, being the only people who had championed them in Liverpool in the early days. She wrote to the town hall and they allowed me one ticket, but wouldn't give one to Virginia, so I went along with Al. When he left Liverpoool he said he had a present for us and gave us as little package. Back at home in Mount Street (we lived opposite Liverpool Institute at the time), we opened it and it was marijuana, so we threw it in the dustbin.

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:44:43 PM »

Hi Bill!! ;)

Thanks for the info!!

Strange attitude that of Al Aronowitz...

Best!! ;)

Xose

Quote from: 1062
Al died fairly recently, about 18 months ago. His features are available free of charge on http://www.blacklistedjournalist.com
Al came to Liverpool with his photographer to write for the Saturday Evening Post. Virginia and I took him all around Liverpool, the Cavern, the Blue Angel etc and introduced him to the groups and various other people. Although Virginia and I weren't originally invited to the Beatles Civic Reception, Al was. Virginia's mother was furious that we weren't invited, being the only people who had championed them in Liverpool in the early days. She wrote to the town hall and they allowed me one ticket, but wouldn't give one to Virginia, so I went along with Al. When he left Liverpoool he said he had a present for us and gave us as little package. Back at home in Mount Street (we lived opposite Liverpool Institute at the time), we opened it and it was marijuana, so we threw it in the dustbin.

Deb

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 11:17:36 PM »

Al and his kids went to Brian Jones' hotel room and Al smoked dope with BJ.  Al's daughter Brett thought that all the grownups used it:

Brett: My dad was now lying on his side, pen in hand, taking notes after smoking with Brian using the discreet little pipe my mom had made.  The telltale smell of sweet smoke wouldn't have raised an eyebrow of curiosity from my brothers or me. This ritual had become so commonplace in our family that we thought it went on in all homes with all grownups.

http://www.blacklistedjournalist.com/column62b.html

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 46 queries.