Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Missing John  (Read 2905 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Missing John
« on: July 20, 2008, 08:25:03 PM »

I was sat in the garden this afternoon and i started to think about John .
My mind went back too 1980 and those interviews he did with "Andy Peoples" the BBC Radio 1 DJ , who interviewed John and Yoko prior to John's murder .
I can't remember now if they played those interviews prior to is death or after ?
What was nice was i could hear John's voice from those interviews in my head , kind of like i had opend up a memory .
And no i had'nt had a joint .
 It was just a lovely bit of time i spent thinking about him .
I do miss him , it would be so nice to hear is voice again and what his thoughts are on the world today .
I suspect most of you miss him  and George too , sometimes it 's not easy been a fan. I did'n t feel too sad while i was thinking of him , so lets not make this thread to sad .
Just say what you think .

He was one of a kind , i love the bit in  "A Hard Days Night " when he's chatting to that actress in the corridor , i always liked the cheeky looks he gave her .
And his voice was so beautiful , that echoing  sound on # 9 Dream is just magic (smile)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Missing John
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »

I liked John's sense of humor.  I think he and I would have gotten along together well, just laughing and joking about things that other people probably wouldn't get or understand.  Not to mention, he is one of the greatest songwriters of all time.  I would love to hear what he thinks of todays music.
<br />

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:49:49 PM »

I was listening to my Anthology CDs last night. I was listening to I'm Only Sleeping, and at the very beginning of take 1, John said, "I'm Only Sleeping, take 1!" And he said that with a really funny voice. Then, when John started singing, I pretty much melted into the carpet. I do miss John and George.

I ended up listening to I'm Only Sleeping about 50 times last night.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:47 PM »

I can listen to Please Please Me non-stop for as long as possible. I listen to John`s voice, which for me sounds the best in the world and I see him clearly. He was a very interesting person, humorous, straightforward, witty, reaching for harmony and love. He trusted his soul to Yoko and, I think, that was his mistake...Sarcastic on the outside he was sensitive and even gullible on the inside. A man who needed warmth...who loved people, who wanted to make the world better. Harmony, justice and no war. Give Peace a Chance!!! Oh, how we miss you, John, you, your music, your overwhelming love for us!

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
  • in the middle of the roundabout
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 05:14:34 AM »

I miss you JOHN with ALL MY HEART AND SOUL!  :'(
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 05:15:16 AM »

Quote from: 971
I was sat in the garden this afternoon and i started to think about John .
My mind went back too 1980 and those interviews he did with "Andy Peoples" the BBC Radio 1 DJ , who interviewed John and Yoko prior to John's murder .
I can't remember now if they played those interviews prior to is death or after ?
What was nice was i could hear John's voice from those interviews in my head , kind of like i had opend up a memory .
And no i had'nt had a joint .
 It was just a lovely bit of time i spent thinking about him .
I do miss him , it would be so nice to hear is voice again and what his thoughts are on the world today .
I suspect most of you miss him  and George too , sometimes it 's not easy been a fan. I did'n t feel too sad while i was thinking of him , so lets not make this thread to sad .
Just say what you think .

He was one of a kind , i love the bit in  "A Hard Days Night " when he's chatting to that actress in the corridor , i always liked the cheeky looks he gave her .
And his voice was so beautiful , that echoing  sound on # 9 Dream is just magic (smile)

How nicely put.
Beautiful Dave, beautiful.
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 06:33:38 AM »

Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.

The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility.

Those two quotes imply a lot about John and his music, and beyond that all I would say is forget about the critics, the myth, the merchandisers- and just listen.

:)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »

"If art were to redeem man, it could do so only by saving him from the seriousness of life, and restoring him to an unexpected boyishness." - John.
John`s boyishness. In our memory.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 02:27:18 PM »

When I watch A Hard Days Night or Help!, I almost forget sometimes that he's gone. I guess just because he was so young their. Then I watch the Definite Lennon DVD with all those videos they made for his songs, and I instantly feel the knot building in my throat.  And then some of his songs make me, well not really "cry" but my eyes sort of water and I feel that knot in my throat. Like the song Imagine for some reason, and the video, it always made me sad.

Even though he had his bad qualitities, you can't help but liking John, their was just something about him.  I miss him a lot sometimes.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 10:02:28 PM »

To me it doesn't feel like John and George are gone because I think of them all as young guys still making music 'cause I listen to the Beatles, read about the Beatles, and watch the Beatles every day. I even forget that Paul and Ringo are old, in my own world they all four are young, alive, and still Beatles...as weird as that sounds.

Well anyways, after reading this thread I really feel like going and listening to his solo stuff, like the acoustic album or something. Little things like reading a thread can get me into something, like listening to John and only John for like weeks straight. And to me John was the funniest Beatle, he had a great sense of humor and wit and just said stuff on the spot that was just hilarious. I like that first quote that Geoff posted a lot, too. I think John was great at writing unique lyrics especially, and sometimes there's an eerie feel to his voice, which I love a lot.

I miss John and George a lot, and even though I wasn't ever on the planet the same time John was, he's affected my life a lot in a good way. And remember when they did that thing where they sent the song "Across the Universe" into space? I like to think that John heard that when it happened and smiled. I'm sure he did! We love and miss you, Johnny!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 03:10:42 AM »

Omg. Your post is so lovely Beatlemaniac64.
It brought a smile to my face, especially the part about John hearing "Across The Universe" in space.  :'(
It just makes you miss them so much more.
John & George will always be my favorite Beatles.
And we will always miss them dearly.
But I'm pretty sure, heaven is treating them well. hah
That was a very sweet post.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »

That's funny i think of John and George been there young Beatles self  now (smile)

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »

I remember John being a big brother to me when i was about younger than my age today,i feel like he was always encouraging me to do what is best. When i think about the happy times when he was kidding and joking around with George,Paul and Ringo i would laugh a lot to myself especially in school my classmates thought i was going insane. I was always talking to John and George in my mind even sometimes put loud i felt somebody listening to what i was saying.
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 07:12:03 PM »

haha
Thats just how amazing they are.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 11:39:46 PM »

Quote from: 1464
Omg. Your post is so lovely Beatlemaniac64.
It brought a smile to my face, especially the part about John hearing "Across The Universe" in space.  :'(
It just makes you miss them so much more.
John & George will always be my favorite Beatles.
And we will always miss them dearly.
But I'm pretty sure, heaven is treating them well. hah
That was a very sweet post.

Awww, thank you! Yeah, I too think that Heaven is treating them well. :)

-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 05:54:55 PM »

I saw the (Just Like) Starting Over video last night on Classic Vh1 and that always makes me sad. Just the vision of John being old in a little cottage and scrap booking and remembering the past. I cry everytime.

But George, I don't even know how to put my feelings about him into words. George was so spiritual that I feel that he is safe. And I typed on another thread how I felt when he passed, and I never try to feel that way again. I hardly cry when I see George because he makes me so happy, but there are always times when something of his makes me cry. I don't think I'm ever going to get passed that.  I look up to George more than any person I know of. I feel that without George, without John, without The Beatles, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I love them all. But George will always be the special one to me.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 02:32:39 AM »

^ great post DarkSweetLady  :)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 09:16:24 PM »

Quote from: 682
^ great post DarkSweetLady  :)

Thanks ;)

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 11:53:11 PM »

I just realized how much I need to buy some new John Lennon things....

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 10:20:46 PM »

What made you realize?

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 89 queries.