Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Song Meanings ???  (Read 2233 times)

Song Meanings ???
« on: May 21, 2005, 02:52:10 AM »

I just finished reading a novel that makes use of Beatles songs throughout the story. The interpretation of the songs includes connecting things from different songs, showing a common theme of esoteric poetry. Is anyone aware of any similar interpretations or analysis of Beatles songs ? I had never heard anything like this?

Re: Song Meanings ???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 08:24:08 PM »

tell me about in my life....wats the meaning about it?
to me it seams like an old man looking back on his life

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 04:10:45 AM »

According to Gabe it is a prayer to the Universe, God, One, Tao, Universal Mind or whatever you want to call It. This makes sense, listen to the song knowing this and it becomes obvious that is what IN MY LIFE is. I know that songs can have different meanings to different people but Gabe ties so many different songs together pointing out a common theme---- Lennon had some type or types of mystical experiences that were expressed in his art at a level that most people don't perceive at.

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 12:07:56 PM »

Alright, now gimme the meaning of Revolution 9. ;D

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 08:46:55 PM »

It is about inner revolution, a revolution of the mind, a change in consciousness, freeing one's mind from the bounds of enculturation, removing what William Blake called the mind forged manacles. The change in consciousness is a change in what is meant by "I", it is a revolution of the "I". The ninth letter of the alphabet is "I", so REVOLUTION #9. Read THE GIFT OF GABE, it tells about alot of these songs. There is a website         http://(www.giftofgabe.com)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 09:35:38 AM »

Quote from: ryan_harp
It is about inner revolution, a revolution of the mind, a change in consciousness, freeing one's mind from the bounds of enculturation, removing what William Blake called the mind forged manacles. The change in consciousness is a change in what is meant by "I", it is a revolution of the "I". The ninth letter of the alphabet is "I", so REVOLUTION #9. Read THE GIFT OF GABE, it tells about alot of these songs. There is a website
don't follow leaders

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 12:18:41 PM »

Hmmm... Interesting.

Ok, then... How about a meaning for I Am The Walrus?

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 11:45:55 PM »

The start is a meditation chant, says the same thing as OM NAMA SHIVAYA, a hindu meditation chant ...... it means we are all the Universal Mind, same as the last line in the song "everybody's got ONE". The pigs in a sty is from the new testament parable/metaphor about casting pearls to swine, they would not recognize the value, maybe stare and not see anything. There is also a snippet from Shakespeare's King Lear..... the "untimely death....." piece. Gabe says that King Lear has an inner meaning of illumination. Gabe also says that Lennon was one of the greatest mystical poets of the 20th century.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 06:42:12 PM »

Nah he was just having fun with people like you.

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 53 queries.