Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sgt. Pepper's, the Film  (Read 3079 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Sgt. Pepper's, the Film
« on: November 20, 2004, 01:41:27 AM »

Has anyone ever actually seen this movie? I haven't but I head it's awful. This wasn't actually done with The Beatles themselves right? or it would be listed as a Beatles movie.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

SgtSkelter

• A Beginning
Re: Sgt. Pepper's, the Film
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 03:35:05 AM »

I haven't seen it, but I've heard also that it's terrible and supposedly ruined the Bee Gees.

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 08:58:37 AM »

The movie is terrible and butchers all of the songs from Sgt. Pepperr's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abby Road and also Nowhere Man.  The movie stars the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton as Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band well the decendents of the origional Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band anyway.  The band gets signed to a big recording contract and becomes famous and along the way their hometown of Hartland gets trashed by the evil land developer Mean Mr. Mustard so the Band tries to reverse the effects and collects the origional Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hears Club Band instruments from the likes of Steve Martin, Allice Cooper, and Areosmith in order to help restore balance to their town.  They also have a big concert at the end to help the town get rid of the evil along with Billy Preston who performs "Get Back".  In reality the movie is a little bit better then say The Who's "Tommy" but it is still terrible and that was mostly do to George Burns doing all of the dialog in the movie as none of the other actors had any lines because lets face it most of them couldn't act.  George Martin did produce and supervise the music but that was as far as Beatles involvement got I'm afraid because had the Beatles not been broken up at this time and if they had any imput then I'm sure the fim would have been much, much better.  But alas they weren't involved but I suggest that Beatles fans check it out as it does have some good bits in it like Steve Martin performing "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" for instance is probablly one of my favorite parts in the film.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Wayne L.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 12:05:29 PM »

I saw Sgt. Pepper at the theaters back in 78 when it was first released & it was awful for the most part but Aerosmith stole the movie from the Bee Gees & Peter Frampton with their cover of Come Together. 

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 12:40:02 PM »

I haven't seen the film either, and never felt the need to do it. Now that you say it's terrible, I won't see it.
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 04:50:22 PM »

The

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 11:56:18 AM »

I wonder what Aerosmith is doing in a Beatle related movie...
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 12:28:30 PM »

Nothing different one than the other artists the Beatles Songs sing.

Stupid question

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 09:39:45 PM »

It sounds like a crap movie. :o Which makes me think that imagining weird little montages in my head while i'm listening to the Beatles is bad. But, I do like the Aerosmith cover of Come Together.

And I dunno if they have them in this film, but I want a Sgt. Pepper's outfit, lol.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • (&quot;\(#^_^)/&quot;)
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 08:14:43 AM »

[quote by=SgtSkelter link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1100914887,s=1 date=1100921705]I haven't seen it, but I've heard also that it's terrible and supposedly ruined the Bee Gees.[/quote]

heard the samething...

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 60 queries.