Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: beatles vs. doors  (Read 10684 times)

bilyum

• One And One Is Two
Re: beatles vs. doors
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 10:06:49 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=1 date=1096553163]This was the album where the Doors had a huge budget and they could do anything they wanted.  While I personally love the entire album, it stiffed in the market.  I dunno why.

The orchestration does not seem Beatle-like in anyway, it's just orchestration.  Afer Eleanor Rigby a boatlad of bands started slapping orchestras on.[/quote]

are you the same mr charlie I locked horns with on the delphi forum?

I think so. But, I don't hold grudges my friend.

The reason Soft Parade didn't fly like the earlier albums is summed up in Jim Morrisons own words. It was a really good record.

"Do ya wanna hear something off the new album? Or do you wanna hear the same old crap?" Thunderous applause......I heard him say that. 

I guess they wanted to hear the same old crap. Twas ever thus.

Yes, I heard Jim say "I guess ya wanna hear the same old crap" just as I heard
SportsBoy (Costas) ask Paul who wrote Day Tripper. Paul said he did.

You trashed me for posting factual information. and the rest of the rabid jackals on the so called 'TRUE beatle fans only' forum ganged up and burnt me at the stake.

Oh yeah....I remember YOU, Mister Charlie.

You guys were a f---ing laugh a minute.  No stress, Dude. I don't hold a grudge.

And I am very understanding and compassionate with morons. they can't help  the fact that they are morons.

Interesting though that the MORON constituency was so self assured and aggressive.

I guess all morons aren't alike.

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 10:51:29 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=15 date=1096728250]

no[/quote]
And the second album.

The Beatles, but The Doors do have some good songs
They have a lot of good songs.

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 05:02:21 AM »

[quote by=bilyum link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=20 date=1097143609]

are you the same mr charlie I locked horns with on the delphi forum?

I think so. But, I don't hold grudges my friend.

The reason Soft Parade didn't fly like the earlier albums is summed up in Jim Morrisons own words. It was a really good record.

"Do ya wanna hear something off the new album? Or do you wanna hear the same old crap?" Thunderous applause......I heard him say that.

bilyum

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2004, 08:35:18 AM »

charlieboy, I am not a troll. You on the other hand ARE a moron. and sniveling punk.
you and your ilk sit around in your little delphi 'TWUE BEATLE FANS' forum and have a nice cozy little circle jerk going on. safety in numbers, the typical girl private way to spout your unfounded BS.

you're a punk, and you don't know your buttocks from a hole in the ground about the beatles OR the Doors.

sniveling little coward boys like you are what is wrong with the world we live in.
In the 'WILD' or a true anarchist world, you would shut your little mouth in a BIG hurry. but we live in a touchy feely BS world where every assh*le and his cousin can spout whatever BS they want. never to be called on for accuracy or truth.

and you conveniently label anyone who disagrees with your Ignorant, uninformed belief system as a 'TROLL'  I'm not a troll, dollface.

any time you want your teeth kicked out, ring me up. I'll be happy to oblige.

you're a f*ckin PUNK.  and you don't know sh*t about anything.

disgusting little thimbledik turd.

bilyum

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2004, 08:56:49 AM »

<<Yeah, I am the same Charlie, and if you think you have the nards to lock horns I can smack you down again.  It doesn't matter to me>>

hey, punkboy, I don't care where i get bounced from. I consider being banned an act of cowardice on the part of the banner. if you can't back up your Ignornant statements with fact, then BAN. quick and clean. no fuss, no muss. I direct you to your words concerning 'smacking'

would you like the chance to 'smack me down' in the real world, oh ball-less one?

I would enjoy that Immensely. smack me down huh? you're a sniveling punk.

here, tough guy!   bpatters2008@yahoo.com    you wanna smack me down? I'd like to see it. phuck you, and phuck this forum and it's mods if they are such weakdik polesmokers as to not allow heated discussion.

you just email me, MISTER dikhed, and name a time and place. and you can show me some of that smacking down prowess you brag about while cowering behind your little f**gotassed computer.

any time, burgerbrain. just let me know. ya know, I just don't understand how this world has spawned so many dikless windbag such as yourself.

I'll be waiting charles. I can't WAIT for you to smack me down :)

PUNK!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 12:18:53 PM »

[quote by=bilyum link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=20 date=1097143609]
Oh yeah....I remember YOU, Mister Charlie.

You guys were a f---ing laugh a minute.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2004, 02:34:20 PM »

I think, knowledge aside, this idiot has shown what  great self-control he has.

He's clearly unbalanced.  Screw him.  His knowledge is worthless as it can be found in many other places.  I personally don't need some punk screaming in my face trying to prove he has one ball.

You can do whatever you like.  I will simply put him on ignore and go about my business.  As you said, I didn't solicit this ridiculous childish outburst.

But it wasn't me personally, he was attacking everyone in the other group.  He'll do the same here.  I just happen to be the same person he remembered with his wormy brain.

Talk about nimrods.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2004, 06:05:16 PM »

Damn, i'm tiring of this myself. First Beatblast and now this jerk. What is this national troll month? Its all good and fine if this guy and Chuck had a tussle in another forum, but instead of this guy coming off looking like an @ss, why didnt he just pm Chuck? Nobody else wants to read his bullsh*t. In another thread he states that he's going to leave because his beatle knowledge is so superior to everybody elses that he doesnt want to bother with us. Heres a simple solution,  just get the Fuk out.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2004, 06:20:24 PM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=27 date=1097258716]Damn, i'm tiring of this myself. First Beatblast and now this jerk. What is this national troll month? Its all good and fine if this guy and Chuck had a tussle in another forum, but instead of this guy coming off looking like an @ss, why didnt he just pm Chuck? Nobody else wants to read his bullsh*t. In another thread he states that he's going to leave because his beatle knowledge is so superior to everybody elses that he doesnt want to bother with us. Heres a simple solution,

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2004, 11:11:52 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=28 date=1097259624]

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2004, 02:47:03 AM »

Nah, he threw his mis-aimed tantrum and now he must be sleeping it off.

Clearly though I have a certain charming way, no?  Certainly attracts all the other friendly people. :)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2004, 03:00:04 AM »

Man your getting to be a regular hardass Mr C ;)

And Billyum, youre making a fool of yourself and obviously youre spoiling for a fight for fightings sake.  Step off troll.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2004, 03:24:56 AM »

This guys sound like a demented skin head. He's probably got a teeny weenie which makes him feel the need to overcompensate with all this aggression.  It's okay, dude. Size doesn't matter!! Oh wait, yeah it does! Sorry.

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2004, 04:04:47 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=31 date=1097290804]Man your getting to be a regular hardass Mr C ;)[/quote]

I know!

Maybe I was mistaken...maybe I SHOULD take him up on his generous offer...maybe it's time for my comeuppance...

naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh..................

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2004, 06:00:07 AM »

It's asspipe month at the forum.

Blackbird

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2004, 02:13:16 AM »

The Doors are very good if you feel like keyboard music, and no bass.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2004, 12:45:27 AM »

Actually the "Best song" by the Doors isn't even on their lps! It's a single called "Unknown Soldier" Their debut lp was quite good because it didn't sound like anything else at the time! The Strange Days lp was also great. This band in my opinion is no where close to the Beatles musically! They had some great songs "Roadhouse Blues" La Woman, Light My Fire, Tell All The People, etc. The US government did not like the band because they represented the "counter culture" at the time of the Vietnam War and the Doors had almost a cult like following! Their Soft Parade Lp was almost a little jazzy which caught early Door's fans off guard.

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2004, 07:10:36 AM »

Unknown Soldier is on Waiting for the Sun.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2004, 10:04:17 AM »

[quote by=William_Campbell link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=35 date=1097979196]The Doors are very good if you feel like keyboard music, and no bass.[/quote]

Did'nt they have a session bass player who used to play behind the curtain at gigs? Hav'nt listened to them in a while but I'm sure they got bass. He just never made the pics. lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2004, 02:20:15 AM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1096551566,s=38 date=1098266657]

Did'nt they have a session bass player who used to play behind the curtain at gigs? Hav'nt listened to them in a while but I'm sure they got bass. He just never made the pics. lol[/quote]

Yeah, on the records they did eventually get a guy (Larry something) who did indeed play bass.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 81 queries.