Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: “FEBRUARY SKY,” A NEW SINGLE FROM RINGO STARR OUT FRIDAY, APRIL 12  (Read 95 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher

Today Ringo Starr announces “February Sky,” the first single from his upcoming EP, Crooked Boy. This will be his fourth consecutive EP,  and it includes 4 original tracks. All songs were written and produced by Linda Perry for Starr to make his own, adding vocals and playing drums. The EP will be released on a limited-edition marble vinyl on Record Store Day, April 20, 2024. The following Friday, April 26, it will be released digitally. Fans can pre-order the black vinyl and CD now, releasing May 31.

After previously collaborating on two songs that appeared on earlier Ringo EPs (“Coming Undone” on Change the World and “Everyone and Everything” on EP3), Linda approached Ringo and asked if she could produce an entire EP – and Crooked Boy, consisting of “February Sky,” “Gonna Need Someone,” “Adeline,” and “Crooked Boy” is the result.

“Linda made me a great EP – she produced it in her studio and then sent me the tracks and I added the drumming and my vocals,” Ringo said.  “’February Sky’ is great – very moody – but since Linda wrote these specifically for me – it of course has to have a positive peace & love element.” 

“Gonna stand up rise above the rain

Start a revolution in these brighter days

Found the missing pieces

That were vacant to the eye

Well I had enough of February sky”

“February Sky” is available to stream and download Friday, April 12 on all platforms; fans can pre-save the track now. A visualizer was also created that includes never seen clips from Ringo’s archives.

Fans can get a first listen to the entire EP at Amoeba Music Hollywood on April 18th. Amoeba will have an exclusive “February Sky” red vinyl 7” single available for sale at this event in limited quantities.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher

I have listened to the song I like it.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 37 queries.