Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Queen  (Read 30950 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Queen
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Queen, the two guys, Roger and Brian say they are going to tour just the two of them in 2010.

I doubt it's going to be just the two of them as I am sure they'll have backing musicians.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:48 PM »

Noone is denying that. But no frontman.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2009, 08:58:40 PM »

A new Queen compilation will be released in November. It will be called Absolute Greatest and will contain 20 songs. Good news!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2009, 08:08:25 PM »

Dear Freddie! I congratulate you on your birthday! Could hardly wait for midnight and now at last I can do it.
We remember you and we LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:53 AM »

Happy birthday Freddie! :) I hope you're having a lovely time up there in heaven, partying your heart out. ^_^

Queen are my second favourite band (you know my favourite ;D). I love their 70s stuff, a bit of their 80s stuff (like the song One Vision) and a couple of their 90s songs (like The Show Must Go On, which I'm listening to right now, it's a very poignant rock ballad, and the resonating 'the show must go on' at the end keeps the tone and emotion in it fresh in your mind for a long time).

It's very depressing that Freddie Mercury left us too early. He was a true showman, an incredible singer and musician. Reading and listening to the few interviews he gave makes me laugh. That guy was nice, really nice. I would have loved to have met him on earth, and so I hope that someday I'll see him up there.

:D

On a different note, I'm no fan of this Queen + Paul Rodgers fiasco. Rodgers seemed to want to take over the entire band, with Brian May and Roger Taylor simply acting as backing musicians. Not good.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »

A new Queen compilation will be released in November. It will be called Absolute Greatest and will contain 20 songs. Good news!

More like Absolute rip-off how many greatest hits do they need this will be the forth by my count ???

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2009, 05:57:33 PM »

More like Absolute rip-off how many greatest hits do they need this will be the forth by my count ???

I agree with you! Greatest Hits is not enough, now they need Absolute Greatest. Then there will be Truly Greatest or Super Greatest. The name of the album made me laugh. Though I am not against this release. I love Queen. The more the better. Like the Beatles - the more the better. This Greatest is going to comprise a lot of songs from A Kind Of Magic, so it will be more disco. I can`t get why...

nimrod

Queen
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2013, 11:48:34 PM »

Never really liked them tbh, but someone gave me their Live at Wembley DVD, anyway I bored at home with this recovery sh*t so I put it on, I have to say I was mightily impressed, what a great live band they were, Freddy surely the ultimate front man, but the tightness of the band is what most impressed me, they roll off the hits and Freddy is in his element.....like he was born to do that at Wembley.
I think looking back in the early/mid 70's I was more into progressive bands like King Crimson, Yes & ELP etc I just put Queen down as a sort of lightweight pop band, now I think, even if you dont like theyre songs they were a supergroup in a live situation, surely one of Britains best bands.
My advice, play it loud if you decide to try it, it'll suck you in.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:40 AM »

Queen was always one of my favorite bands. I remember how many times I used to listen to their early albums with volume speakers turned aloud. `Queen II' is my fav album of Queen of 70s.
And indeed they are great live! I saw a couple of videos of their concerts. Freddy is very passionate!

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »

I think that Beatles fans could be divided into those who like and dislike Queen's music. Not that one is better than the other, just different. I guess they appreciate different elements in Beatles' music. I like several music styles, but I cannot see as compatible my taste of Beatles' music to Queen's music.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »

I think that Beatles fans could be divided into those who like and dislike Queen's music.

There's a third group; those who couldn't care less and haven't listened to a single piece of theirs in its entirety.  I'm in that group.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »

There's a third group; those who couldn't care less and haven't listened to a single piece of theirs in its entirety.  I'm in that group.

I was in that group Baz, but watch live at Wembley dvd, I guarantee you'll think they were bloody good.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2013, 12:40:07 AM »

I was in that group Baz, but watch live at Wembley dvd, I guarantee you'll think they were bloody good.

I don't think so, Kev.  That kind of music gets me nervous.  You know me by now.  I like stuff like this...

Hi-Lili, Hi Lo - Leslie Caron - 1953 (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

;D

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2013, 05:20:57 AM »

I know Queen's music because when I was a teenager I listened to their greatest hits collections over and over again. Then I grew up and my appreciation of music matured, starting with the Beatles and continuing with the Who, Jefferson Airplane, the Byrds, etc.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2013, 05:27:52 AM »

I know Queen's music because when I was a teenager I listened to their greatest hits collections over and over again. Then I grew up and my appreciation of music matured, starting with the Beatles and continuing with the Who, Jefferson Airplane, the Byrds, etc.

I see.  So you were going...

Back in Time - Back to the Future Music Video

Far out!

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:44 AM »

I like the 'Jazz' album. Don't have any others.

:-\

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »

I see.  So you were going...

Back in Time - Back to the Future Music Video

Far out!

Yeah, the older I was, the closer I was to the past!

I just want to add that when I say that my appreciation of music matured I don't mean that my taste became better, I just say that when I opened my ears and music started to mean something really special to me, I was able to define the style of music that really reaches me.

Sir John Johns

• A Beginning
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2013, 12:41:27 AM »

70's Queen does it for me - They lost the plot in the eighties and recorded complete dross, which sold incredibly well.

One of my favourite Queen shows

http://youtu.be/U3igLrLLLTM
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:42:59 AM by Sir John Johns »

Bobber

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »

70's Queen does it for me - They lost the plot in the eighties and recorded complete dross, which sold incredibly well.

My point exactly!

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »

My perception of them really changed after finally getting around to hear a full album (A Night At The Opera). The two things that surprised me the most are: a) the band is really, really diverse - shuffling through many genres and willing to experiment at every step (add the fact that each member is allowed to come up with his own compositions) and b) there's a lot of humour in their stuff - not every second song is a pretentious arena anthem as I (ignorantly) thought.

As I said, this was a very pleasant surprise.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.639 seconds with 89 queries.