News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Queen  (Read 30943 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
Re: Queen
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2008, 10:29:06 AM »

Quote from: 682
^played bass with Queen till about 2000 or 2001. BM, you didn't enjoy Night at the Opera? =O

Not true:

The death of Queen's lead singer Freddie Mercury affected Deacon deeply, and after playing live with Queen twice more (at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS Awareness on 20th April 1992 and in Paris on 17th January 1997 (performing only "The Show Must Go On" with Elton John on lead vocals), he made the decision to retire from music, re-appearing only briefly by joining his ex-band mates in October 1997 for the recording of the final Queen song "No-One But You", included in the "Queen Rocks" album released a month later. He chose not to be present at Queen's induction into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2001, or join in the collaboration with Paul Rodgers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Deacon#Leaving_Queen

They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2008, 10:40:23 AM »

^ Well he technically stayed with Queen till 2001 which is what I meant  :P

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »

Quote from: 682
^ Well he technically stayed with Queen till 2001 which is what I meant  :P

You do know...

...He chose not to be present at Queen's induction into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame in 2001.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »

It`s such a pity! We love John Deacon and wish he were with Queen now! He wrote such great songs.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2008, 12:34:10 PM »

I know and when he chose NOT to be present in 2001, that ended his career with Queen.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »

No, his career with Queen ended much earlier.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »

He retired officially in 1998. That's what I've read.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2008, 08:40:56 PM »

I`ve been to Queen concert and it was great! The stadium was full and the people sang Queen songs all the way, were very enthusiastic and responsive. I think Brian and Roger were pleasantly surprised by the fact that everybody knew Queen songs lyrics even those of not so popular songs like "39". Brian looks well, slender with long hair, seems not to have changed much. Roger sang his wonderful song I`m In Love With My Car. The stadium exploded. Paul Rodgers sang very well, the only problem is that he`s not that well known. So when he sang songs from his career, actually three, he got less applause than for Queen masterpieces, and he said: Thank you so much! kind of ironically. But the songs from Cosmos Rocks are very good (C-lebrity) and though not promoted much yet they were received by the audience very enthusiastically.
I would recommend those who like Queen to attend the concert by all means and first of all enjoy the old Queen songs, and certainly to buy the new album Cosmos Rocks. It`s less Queen, it`s modern and more rock.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2008, 01:31:26 AM »

I stand corrected, thanks guys  :)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »

Quote from: 1393
Paul Rodgers sang very well, the only problem is that he`s not that well known. So when he sang songs from his career, actually three, he got less applause than for Queen masterpieces,

He's well known enough from his time as lead singer of Free, and Bad Company. And also his work with Jimmy Page. People go to Queen concerts to hear Queen songs though. So of course he's not going to get so much applause.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2008, 08:55:59 PM »

Quote from: 483

He's well known enough from his time as lead singer of Free, and Bad Company. And also his work with Jimmy Page. People go to Queen concerts to hear Queen songs though. So of course he's not going to get so much applause.

Yes, that`s true. But i think it is only the beginning. If they continue together and succeed they may become popular as a new band and people, not only Paul`s fans, will come to love Paul and will go to listen to him. Now his experience in Bad Company is felt in the new album. And the question is: Is it a Queen album by influence or a Paul R`s album? Whose influence is greater?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:54 PM »

my son timmy loves queen,unless he said queens..... ;D no we both dig freddie and tyhe boys.....

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2008, 08:08:54 PM »

Another question is if they have the right to call themselves Queen+Paul Rodgers. The problem lies in the word Queen in the name. There are only two guys from Queen, though, in fact, four used to make the band called Queen. Maybe they should call the group May, Taylor and Rodgers?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

This question is connected with the thread about Led Zeppelin if they sang without Robert. Could the band call themselves Led Zeppelin? Can Queen+P.R. call themselves Queen?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »

Cosmos Rocks is very good ROCK, i `m enjoying it now. The song C-lebrity has a lot of old Queen charm in it. And i think that live it was even better.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »

^ The album is out now?

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 07:50:28 PM »

The album is out now but you will have it in the USA, as far as I know, in a month. It really is good rock, some that you want to listen to again and again, with heavy songs, just rocky and nice melodies as well. Just as I like it, diverse.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 07:51:23 PM »

Ugh I have to wait a month  :'(

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2008, 10:19:21 PM »

^ Actually I just downloaded the album  :P I'm listening to it now.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »

I am happy for you but downloading is not the best way to go. Besides you could have done it long ago and now it`s a bit late to boast when everybody has already listened to it.   :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 80 queries.