Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Author Topic: What have you seen on YouTube recently?  (Read 110740 times)

KelMar

Re: What have you seen on YouTube recently?
« Reply #460 on: February 01, 2015, 08:13:09 AM »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #461 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:26 AM »

http://youtu.be/v0qxvX-akqE      Happy Birthday

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #463 on: February 02, 2015, 05:58:05 AM »

KelMar

« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2015, 03:14:04 PM »

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2015, 08:40:13 PM »

Fake but hilarious!

http://youtu.be/8F9jXYOH2c0
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #466 on: April 08, 2015, 06:00:04 PM »

I didn't know our cartoons are in US also  :)

KikOriki : 22 - The Laughing Room!

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #467 on: April 08, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

KelMar

« Reply #468 on: May 22, 2015, 03:22:02 AM »

It's neat to hear what US radio was like at the time.

For historical presentation only, this was recorded off a radio station broadcast in late february 1963 on a Fisher console reel to reel recorder. This is the first known Beatle record ever broadcasted in America ( play it here 5:56 ) .... long before they became famous about a year later. Source "The Dick Biondi Show, WLS in Chicago. Recorded on a home recorder directly off a live radio broadcast approximately 750 miles from the broadcast station in the state of Delaware in late February 1963. At 5:56 on the video is Dick Biondi's introduction of the Beatles' song "Please Please Me." Dick Biondi's induction into the "Radio Broadcast Hall of Fame " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYOYWW... I wish at the time I just kept the recorder going but I was trying to conserve recording tape so I did real time editing by stopping the recorder after the song and quickly starting the recorder when Mr. Biondi was starting to introduce the next song. The exact recording time and date would have been identified by a continuous recording of the programs. As of now I know it was done in a 3 week window from mid February 1963 to early March. I had just turned 14 at that time. Wow what memories these tapes bring back to me. Terrestrial Radio unfortunately will never be this exciting for current popular music again............ Mitch Godwin

http://youtu.be/2W26aSVEwxY

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #469 on: July 07, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #470 on: July 08, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »

It's neat to hear what US radio was like at the time.

As of now I know it was done in a 3 week window from mid February 1963 to early March. I had just turned 14 at that time. Wow what memories these tapes bring back to me.

And I was a mere 1-2 months old!  ;D
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

KelMar

« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »

And I was a mere 1-2 months old!  ;D

And I was on the way. Mitch Godwin was 14. ;)

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2015, 09:44:07 PM »

For historical presentation only, this was recorded off a radio station broadcast in late february 1963  This is the first known Beatle record ever broadcasted in America long before they became famous about a year later. Source "The Dick Biondi Show, WLS in Chicago. Recorded on a home recorder directly off a live radio broadcast in late February 1963.  Dick Biondi's introduction of the Beatles' song "Please Please Me." .  The exact recording time and date would have been identified by a continuous recording of the programs. As of now I know it was done in a 3 week window from mid February 1963 to early March.

I'm very skeptical of this as he names the band and song title very quickly without any description.  Otherwise I'd assume he would have taken the time to mention that this is an unheard band from the UK.  Nothing, noda!  ???  The Beatles were just barely starting to get big in the EU at this point.

Now saying that, the UK single was released earlier, January 11 1963, while the actual LP came out March 22 1963, so it is possible the DJ got the 45 from the UK.

That's my 2 cents, I've been wrong before!  :-X

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #473 on: July 10, 2015, 12:13:39 AM »

Vee Jay released Please Please Me in the United States on 7 February 1963...

I can stay till it's time to go

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #474 on: July 11, 2015, 03:53:37 PM »

Well, buckle my shoes, I stand corrected!  ;D

I actually forgot about the Vee-Jay releases and all the court orders from Capitol records to stop Vee Jay from re-releasing this and a few other songs by the Beatles in 63-64.

Now I am less skeptical..... ;yes  Still funny, how the DJ put no effort mentioning anything about the Beatles.

KelMar

« Reply #475 on: July 12, 2015, 04:26:45 PM »

I actually forgot about the Vee-Jay releases and all the court orders from Capitol records to stop Vee Jay from re-releasing this and a few other songs by the Beatles in 63-64.

"The second US release of the song came on January 3rd, 1964, when the single was re-released by Vee Jay records as a Beatlemania hit.  Instead of having “Ask Me Why” as its’ B-side (as it was back in February 1963), they paired it with their second failed US single “From Me To You.”  It made a huge impact on the Billboard charts this time around, peaking at number three, not being able to pass “I Want To Hold Your Hand” and “She Loves You” in the top two positions.  And Vee Jay actually spelled the Beatles name correctly this time."
Beatles Books

Now I am less skeptical..... ;yes

"Although WLS in Chicago did give the song airplay (February 8th being the date of the first time The Beatles were heard on American radio), as well as placing for a couple weeks in their local charts, the single failed to take hold nationally.  The song did not make any dent on the Billboard charts.  This was just as well, since the artist listed on the label, as well as on promotional ads, was misspelled as “The Beattles.”  The lucky 7,310 people who have obtained a copy through the years now have a highly prized collectors’ item."Beatles Books

Still funny, how the DJ put no effort mentioning anything about the Beatles.

"The record was not adequately promoted and despite the tremendous success of its U.K. counterpart, where it topped the singles charts compiled by New Musical Express and Melody Maker, as well as reaching number two on the Record Retailer chart (now called the U.K. Singles Chart and most widely quoted today), it did not chart at all in America. It was the first record in America bearing The Beatles name, and it was a flop."The Beatles Rarity

It seems that Mr.Biondi would have needed a crystal ball to realize that the band whose record he was about to play deserved any fanfare. Or a really good source in the UK. Indeed, given the poor promotion attached to this release it's really a miracle he played it at all. And this was the day after its release. I think he did quite well.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #476 on: August 10, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #477 on: August 10, 2015, 09:56:57 PM »

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #478 on: August 14, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »

Björk explains television...

! No longer available

And what have we learned today?

:-*

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #479 on: August 15, 2015, 09:47:27 PM »

I checked out the US Rubber Soul LP (dexterized West Coast) version.  It's in 3 parts.

Good to listen to, if you don't own the Capitol Vol.1 & 2 CD box sets from 2004-2006

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_i4mNmujQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_i4mNmujQ</a>
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 43

Page created in 1.037 seconds with 87 queries.