Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul, PETA & the Iraq war  (Read 9287 times)

Wayne L.

Paul, PETA & the Iraq war
« on: May 29, 2004, 12:33:59 PM »

I think Paul is out of his mind mentally when it comes to be being a so called  animal rights activist as well as supporting the radical animal rights group PETA since he's almost to the extreme of Chrissie Hynde without the lunacy because I don't care if he's a vegetarian but his holier than thou attitude about it is pathetic.  McCartney being against the Iraq war is kind of common sense instead of the predictable Hollywood celebrity liberal rant against the war because a Republican is in the White House by the likes of Susan Sarandon & Tim Robbins even though I personally think Iraq will turn into a positive for the administration before the election speaking as a non-partisan political watcher. 

Re: Paul, PETA & the Iraq war
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 03:38:28 PM »

I think you are out of your mind.

Oh well.  One man's meat.....

(Non-partisan???!!!  LOFL!!!  What a load!)

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 07:01:36 PM »

I don't know why you're taking what I said about Paul so personally unless you have some mental problems of your own pal.  I think McCartney is out of his mind when it comes to his holier than thou attitude being a vegetarian & animal rights activist.  I like animals, I eat meat, I eat vegetables, I don't feel guilty, if Paul doesn't likre it, too damn bad.  I'm not a card carrying Republican or Democrat since I'm an Independent even though I think John Kerry is going to lose against George W. Bush in November. 

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 07:46:27 PM »

yawn

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 11:00:46 PM »

LOL.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 07:10:14 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=2 date=1086289296] I like animals, I eat meat, I eat vegetables, I don't feel guilty, if Paul doesn't likre it, too damn bad.

Wayne L.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 09:00:38 PM »

If vegetarians are so uptight about human beings eating meat to live & enjoy if they want to in a free society then they SHOULD try to stop animals themselves from eating other animals which is meat eating meat to survive which is why Paul & PETA are out of their minds mentally on this issue.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 03:12:06 PM »

For certain animals it's natural to eat meat. For humans it's not cause our bodies simply aren't made to consume meat.
- Carnivores have sharp claws to rip meat from the bodies of their prey. Human don't.
- Carnivores have sharp and strong teeth to rip raw meat apart. Humans don't.
- The average carnivore digest it's food four times as fast as a human being. Humans digest their food to slow for meat, so the meat rots in your body, which can cause cancer.

And besides that, we DON'T NEED meat. We can survive just as well without it.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 03:22:24 PM »

Some more good reasons to not eat meat:

- Every year the UK feeds it's livestock enough food to feed 250,000,000 people while in the world 30,000,000 people die of starvation (every 3 seconds a child dies of starvation somewhere in the world)

- 20 vegetarians can live off the land required by one meat eater.

- If Americans reduced their meat consumption by 10% it would free 12,000,000 tons of grain - enough to feed 60,000,000 people (the population of Great Britain).

- If all Americans became vegetarian, it would free enough grain to feed 600,000,000 people (the population of India).

- Intensification in animal farming has displaced 1,000,000's of people from their traditional lands - eg. indigenous people in south & central america, native americans in north america & crofters in Great Britain - this is continuing today
People displaced from their lands into cities succumb to dietary deficiency, diseases, parasites & opportunistic diseases.

- The UK imports £46,000,000 worth of grain from third world countries to feed it's livestock. Due to overgrazing 850,000,000 people live on land threatened by desertification & over 230,000,000 already live on land so severely desertified that they are unable to sustain their existence & face imminent starvation
1,000,000,000 people in the west gorging on meat & dairy leave 1,000,000,000 to waste away & 3,500,000,000 teeter on the brink.

- If they continue to clear American forests to raise cattle at the present rate, in 50 years there will be none left. 1 Acre yields 165 lbs of beef or 20,000 lbs of potatoes.

- If everyone went vegetarian upto 90% of land used for animal farming could be taken out of production & used to replant woodlands, leisure activities etc.
25% of Central america's forests have been destroyed for cattle grazing since 1960.

- Between 1966-1983 38% of the Amazon rain forest was destroyed for cattle grazing.

- Each year 15,000,000,000 land animals are slaughtered for food & an unknown but much larger number of sea creatures (including 1000's of dolphins caught accidentally).

- Vegetarians have a 20% lower rate of mortality from all causes (ie. they live longer & don't get sick as often).

- Meat is full of traces of antibiotics, hormones, toxins produced by stress & pesticide residues that become concentrated from all the crops they have eaten
Fish contain heavy metals & other pollutants -many of which originated on farms.

- The world health organisation recommends a diet low in saturated fat, sugar, salt & with plenty of fibre - exactly what you get on a vegan/vegetarian diet.

- Vegetarians have 24% reduced risk of getting heart disease & Vegans a 57% reduction (heart disease is the biggest killer in the UK accounting for 50% of deaths).

- Vegans & vegetarians have lower blood pressure & cholesterol levels - high levels are associated with heart disease, strokes & kidney failure.

- Vegetarians have a 50% reduced risk of dying of diabetes

- Vegetarians have a 40% reduced level of cancer than the general population thought to be because they have a higher intake of vitamins A,C & E.

- Vegetarians have a reduced risk of developing gall & kidney stones.
80% of food poisoning is due to infected meat (faeces, bacteria etc.) after all meat is decomposing flesh - most of the rest is due to salmonella in eggs
Osteoporosis due to calcium loss from bones is mainly due to the sulphur content in meat & casein protein in milk that cause calcium to be lost in the urine - the countries with the highest meat & dairy consumption are those with the highest levels of brittle bones

- Meat eaters have double the rate of Alzheimers disease as Vegans & Vegetarians - some people also think that Parkinsons disease is also linked to meat eating.

- Of 2,100,000 deaths in the USA in 1987, 1,500,000 were related to diet (ie. meat & dairy)

The Meat & Dairy industry is a major contributor to misery on this planet. It is destroying the health of people in rich countries, starving those in poor countries, it is torturing & killing billions of animals every year and in the meantime it is one of the major factors in the destruction of the environment - so what does the meat & dairy industry have to say in it's defence?
Well their only real point is usually "Meat is tasty" - fair enough a lot of people enjoy the taste of meat - but there are plenty of delicious alternatives (just consider the huge range of vegetarian dishes in Indian cooking - one of the oldest & most sophisticated cuisines in the world) and if you really crave meat & dairy, nowadays there are plenty of healthy non animal alternatives - just look in the supermarket & health food shop. So I hope you will agree it's pretty pathetic to consider all the evidence & then say "well I know you're right about the environment & health & the animals - but I just love my meat"

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 03:25:03 PM »

And besides that, I think it's pretty arrogant to assume that people must be out of their minds mentally just because they don't agree with you.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2004, 03:39:04 PM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=8 date=1086448944]Some more good reasons to not eat meat:

- Every year the UK feeds it's livestock enough food to feed 250,000,000 people while in the world 30,000,000 people die of starvation (every 3 seconds a child dies of starvation somewhere in the world)

- 20 vegetarians can live off the land required by one meat eater.

- If Americans reduced their meat consumption by 10% it would free 12,000,000 tons of grain - enough to feed 60,000,000 people (the population of Great Britain).

- If all Americans became vegetarian, it would free enough grain to feed 600,000,000 people (the population of India).

- Intensification in animal farming has displaced 1,000,000's of people from their traditional lands - eg. indigenous people in south & central america, native americans in north america & crofters in Great Britain - this is continuing today
People displaced from their lands into cities succumb to dietary deficiency, diseases, parasites & opportunistic diseases.

- The UK imports £46,000,000 worth of grain from third world countries to feed it's livestock. Due to overgrazing 850,000,000 people live on land threatened by desertification & over 230,000,000 already live on land so severely desertified that they are unable to sustain their existence & face imminent starvation
1,000,000,000 people in the west gorging on meat & dairy leave 1,000,000,000 to waste away & 3,500,000,000 teeter on the brink.

- If they continue to clear American forests to raise cattle at the present rate, in 50 years there will be none left. 1 Acre yields 165 lbs of beef or 20,000 lbs of potatoes.

- If everyone went vegetarian upto 90% of land used for animal farming could be taken out of production & used to replant woodlands, leisure activities etc.
25% of Central america's forests have been destroyed for cattle grazing since 1960.

- Between 1966-1983 38% of the Amazon rain forest was destroyed for cattle grazing.

- Each year 15,000,000,000 land animals are slaughtered for food & an unknown but much larger number of sea creatures (including 1000's of dolphins caught accidentally).

- Vegetarians have a 20% lower rate of mortality from all causes (ie. they live longer & don't get sick as often).

- Meat is full of traces of antibiotics, hormones, toxins produced by stress & pesticide residues that become concentrated from all the crops they have eaten
Fish contain heavy metals & other pollutants -many of which originated on farms.

- The world health organisation recommends a diet low in saturated fat, sugar, salt & with plenty of fibre - exactly what you get on a vegan/vegetarian diet.

- Vegetarians have 24% reduced risk of getting heart disease & Vegans a 57% reduction (heart disease is the biggest killer in the UK accounting for 50% of deaths).

- Vegans & vegetarians have lower blood pressure & cholesterol levels - high levels are associated with heart disease, strokes & kidney failure.

- Vegetarians have a 50% reduced risk of dying of diabetes

- Vegetarians have a 40% reduced level of cancer than the general population thought to be because they have a higher intake of vitamins A,C & E.

- Vegetarians have a reduced risk of developing gall & kidney stones.
80% of food poisoning is due to infected meat (faeces, bacteria etc.) after all meat is decomposing flesh - most of the rest is due to salmonella in eggs
Osteoporosis due to calcium loss from bones is mainly due to the sulphur content in meat & casein protein in milk that cause calcium to be lost in the urine - the countries with the highest meat & dairy consumption are those with the highest levels of brittle bones

- Meat eaters have double the rate of Alzheimers disease as Vegans & Vegetarians - some people also think that Parkinsons disease is also linked to meat eating.

- Of 2,100,000 deaths in the USA in 1987, 1,500,000 were related to diet (ie. meat & dairy)

The Meat & Dairy industry is a major contributor to misery on this planet. It is destroying the health of people in rich countries, starving those in poor countries, it is torturing & killing billions of animals every year and in the meantime it is one of the major factors in the destruction of the environment - so what does the meat & dairy industry have to say in it's defence?
Well their only real point is usually "Meat is tasty" - fair enough a lot of people enjoy the taste of meat - but there are plenty of delicious alternatives (just consider the huge range of vegetarian dishes in Indian cooking - one of the oldest & most sophisticated cuisines in the world) and if you really crave meat & dairy, nowadays there are plenty of healthy non animal alternatives - just look in the supermarket & health food shop. So I hope you will agree it's pretty pathetic to consider all the evidence & then say "well I know you're right about the environment & health & the animals - but I just love my meat"
[/quote]

But beyond that, you got nothing, right?

;-D

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2004, 10:45:42 PM »

;D

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2004, 10:46:40 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=10 date=1086449944]

But beyond that, you got nothing, right?

;-D
[/quote]

Actually I do, these are just the "highlights" from a list with 101 reasons to go vegetarian. :)

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 05:04:01 AM »

I guess that's why your user name isn't Prime Rib of Beef Power?

;-)

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 08:22:36 PM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=7 date=1086448326]For certain animals it's natural to eat meat. For humans it's not cause our bodies simply aren't made to consume meat.
- Carnivores have sharp claws to rip meat from the bodies of their prey. Human don't.
- Carnivores have sharp and strong teeth to rip raw meat apart. Humans don't.
- The average carnivore digest it's food four times as fast as a human being. Humans digest their food to slow for meat, so the meat rots in your body, which can cause cancer.

And besides that, we DON'T NEED meat. We can survive just as well without it.[/quote]

Actually, humans do have sharp teeth to rip and tear. Check your mouth.

But more to the point, humans are OMNIVORES. Our close relatives, Chimpanzees, are also omnivores. Our digestive systems are multi-purpose, being able to digest a large range of foods, including animal-flesh. Our digestive tracts (from mouth to the end of the small intestine) has the requisite pH changes, enzymes, etc to digest plant material AND animal material.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 03:48:13 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=14 date=1086553356]
Actually, humans do have sharp teeth to rip and tear. Check your mouth.[/quote]

So you mean to say you would be able to rip a live cow's flesh apart by using just your nails and teeth?

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=14 date=1086553356]
But more to the point, humans are OMNIVORES. Our close relatives, Chimpanzees, are also omnivores. Our digestive systems are multi-purpose, being able to digest a large range of foods, including animal-flesh. Our digestive tracts (from mouth to the end of the small intestine) has the requisite pH changes, enzymes, etc to digest plant material AND animal material.[/quote]

Even if that's true, we've got a mind that's able to choose to not be eat meat, and we can easily survive without meat. No biggie. There are hundreds of things that chimpanzees do that we don't do because we became "civilized" and chose to not do them anymore. So why shouldn't eating meat be one of those things?

I personally just don't think (anymore) that's it's normal to eat meat. When you eat meat, you're eating corpses. You're basically a walking grave. People think it's normal because they were raised with the idea that it's normal, but if you think about it it just isn't... But hey, ordinary people do f*cked up things when f*cked up things become ordinary...

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 08:16:56 PM »

[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=15 date=1086623293]

So you mean to say you would be able to rip a live cow's flesh apart by using just your nails and teeth?[/quote]

**Groan!**

I was writing a detailed reply to this nonsense from Biscuit Power. Then I thought, this guy is just another crank who can't follow an argument; who sees only what he wants to see; and uses emotive language.

So you go right on eating your plant corpses (hey, sounds silly, eh?).

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 12:53:32 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1085834039,s=16 date=1086639416]

**Groan!**

I was writing a detailed reply to this nonsense from Biscuit Power. Then I thought, this guy is just another crank who can't follow an argument; who sees only what he wants to see; and uses emotive language.

So you go right on eating your plant corpses (hey, sounds silly, eh?).[/quote]

I'm just replying to what other people are saying and I'm trying to get my point across, that's all. Just because I have different views that you have doesn't mean I'm a crank, that I talk nonsense or that I am narrow minded.

This isn't exactly the first time that I've been attacked this way on this board (while I have never personally attacked anyone), so this is probably my last post on this board.

Wayne L.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2004, 07:54:18 PM »

Paul has become a vegetarian/animal rights nazi of the worst kind like his PETA brothers & sisters because he won't let his tour crew eat any meat if they want to which is about as ridiculous as you can get since his vegetarian diet beliefs shouldn't dictate what other people want to eat in the privacy of their own bodies which is why McCartney has become a mental case about his legacy for some reason & being an extreme vegetarian/animal rights acitivist of the lowest common denominator!

lovely_macca

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 03:34:51 AM »

I don't think that it is really fair to call Paul a mental case because of his choice to not eat meat, and to not want the peole that he is employing, to eat meat around him.  If the crew wants to eat meat they can go else where and do that on their own.  There is nothing stopping them from going to Burger King or something for lunch.  Becides, why would Paul want to pay for meat for the crew to eat when he feels so strongly against it.  The human body does not need meat to survive, therefore it does not hurt anyone to eat a vegetarian meal every once in a while.  The crew can eat all the meat that they want once they get home, at work they just need to shut up and deal with it!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 73 queries.