Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Lennon vs. McCartney  (Read 15412 times)

Bobber

Re: Lennon vs. McCartney
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2008, 06:49:51 PM »

Quote from: 1393
Shortly before I loved them all equally, could hardly choose the one. But now it`s JOHN, JOHN, nobody but JOHN.

You have made your point.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2008, 07:28:25 PM »

The thing is that John is a greater personality than Paul, who is too materialistic and petty. John`s personal qualities enhance his charm.

This is a very odd statement. Paul is materialistic and petty? Can you back that up?

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »

The thing is that John is a greater personality than Paul, who is too materialistic and petty. John`s personal qualities enhance his charm.

Are you serious? John was the petty, jealous and materialistic one. Paul was way more down to earth than John ever was. Paul lived on a farm for almost two years for christ sakes. John would have never done that, he had to live in mansions with fancy things. I'm tired of people thinking John was the saint and Paul was the jerk. Anyways, sorry for the rant. I just think it's unfair to Paul that people think that of him while thinking John was a god. I don't think John's personal qualities enhance his charm, I think it's ignorance on the matter that enchances his charm.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »

lennon. he was a swine as well
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2008, 06:05:47 PM »

Guys, I am so tired of your putting John down. And it always happens when I say something good about John. When somebody else says he/she likes John, it is OK, but when I do it you start attacking me like mad. When you say bad things about John all the rest keep quiet and stay satisfied, as if they were afraid to contradict your point of view, but when you hear some unpleasant comments about Paul everybody starts demanding explanations and wants a duel. I`ve written everything in the Beatles Board. I am emotionally exhausted and very sad.

If you all are against me just tell me and I will disappear from your forum forever.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »

Quote from: 63

You have made your point.

Bobber, many people wrote John, but it was me whose statement you chose to comment on. Why so? Comment on other people`s John statements.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

Guys, I am so tired of your putting John down. And it always happens when I say something good about John. When somebody else says he/she likes John, it is OK, but when I do it you start attacking me like mad. When you say bad things about John all the rest keep quiet and stay satisfied, as if they were afraid to contradict your point of view, but when you hear some unpleasant comments about Paul everybody starts demanding explanations and wants a duel. I`ve written everything in the Beatles Board. I am emotionally exhausted and very sad.

If you all are against me just tell me and I will disappear from your forum forever.

I think the reason why people targted your comment is because you  brought down Paul without really backing your statement as to why he was petty and materialistic. That's the only reason why my post was directed to you. I don't have a problem whatsoever with you liking John better than Paul, it's just when you attack Paul with what I believe to be false statements without facts than I get a bit defensive. It just seems natural to defend your favorite Beatle if someone says something that someone else believes to be false. From what I've seen, everyone who picked John just said that they prefer his music over Paul or something along the lines of that. You kind of bashed Paul in your statement. That's why I believe everyone targeted you.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »

Jane, you make wild statements without foundation. Back them up with something (as you, yourself often ask of others) or accept the consequences. Nobody here hates any of the Beatles, but if you're going to make the kind of wildly inaccurate statements that you regularly make, then you're going to get bashed for it. Simple as that.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2008, 11:35:15 AM »

oh but i wasnt lying. see johns own quotes in this article:

Rolling Stone  includes a long article on legendary musician John Lennon. Known for his suffering and often ill-tempered attitude, the article mentions a period (from the birth of his son Sean in 1975 until shortly before his death in 1980), where former wild man Lennon found happiness, stability and calm as a family man - and one close friend and former ABC radio interviewer, Elliot Mintz credits his belief in destiny systems.

The article notes that while John handed over his business dealings to Yoko in order to care for young Sean on a day to day basis, the famous twosome also became adherents of astrology and numerology. Mintz notes that while he kept his humor about it all, he was also convinced that the family's belief systems and rituals helped transmogrify Lennon. In 1981 he told Rolling Stone "We sometimes joked about the paradox of [Lennon] singing 'God' and 'I don't believe in I Ching and I don't believe in magic and I don't believe in Buddha and I don't believe in Krishna' - but let me tell you, he believed in all of it."

Around that same time the former Beatle was finding happiness, according to the article, Lennon told Playboy "I am the one who has come a long way. I was the real pig. And it is a relief not to be a pig. The pressures of being a pig were enormous. They were killing me. All those years of trying to be tough and the heavy rocker and heavy womanizer and heavy drinker were killing me. And it is a relief not to have to do it."
And so it seems, many of the answers John Lennon found (love, peace, fatherhood), were in fact, in the stars.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

HeadInTheClouds

• One And One Is Two
  • Goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2008, 05:19:18 PM »

Eh, Lennon. ;)
<br />&quot; The Beatles saved the world from boredom. &quot; - George Harrison

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2008, 11:32:48 PM »

Well i think that had the better voice(at least on record), was far more lyrically innovative, wrote some of the funkier tunes and was obviously the more interesting of the 2 i still voted for Paul.

The man taught me how to make  a great mash  www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyyEc-GNDfQ

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2008, 12:02:25 AM »

^  It sounds like you had some high musical praise for John, but you voted for Paul based on mashed potatoes?  What the heck?

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2008, 04:20:51 AM »

Quote from: 1620
^  It sounds like you had some high musical praise for John, but you voted for Paul based on mashed potatoes?  What the heck?

That was the decider, it was pretty much 50/50 but then i found that clip and it swung it in Pauls favour. Until some unknown culinary expertize is released from the Lennon foundation i will have to stick with Paul. :)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2008, 04:22:53 PM »

Quote from: 1699

That was the decider, it was pretty much 50/50 but then i found that clip and it swung it in Pauls favour. Until some unknown culinary expertize is released from the Lennon foundation i will have to stick with Paul. :)

;D

Very well put. The ability to make quality mashed potato should not be underestimated. I think John would put too much pepper in his and only roughly mash them with a fork, whereas Paul would probably slightly over boil the potatoes, and put in too much butter, making them a bit sloppy!

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »

Quote from: 483

;D

Very well put. The ability to make quality mashed potato should not be underestimated. I think John would put too much pepper in his and only roughly mash them with a fork, whereas Paul would probably slightly over boil the potatoes, and put in too much butter, making them a bit sloppy!

and George would complain he doesnt get enough potatoes to work with while
Ringo just sits back and eats it all up  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 72 queries.