Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Long drive to Florida  (Read 2415 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Long drive to Florida
« on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »

For the week of the 4th we drove down to my parents in Florida, a 7.5 hour drive typically.

For fun I chose the artist on the iPod for the trip rather than "shuffle" on songs.  I chose the Beatles and just let it go.  I don't have the full catalog on the iPod so I was pleasantly surprised to get over 6 hours of continuous and non repeat Beatles songs.  Also surprised how the iPod travelled through the albums alphabetically.  After figuring it out about three albums in it was an easy guessing game as to what was coming next.  I like a lot of classic rock.  There is nobody else that I could come close to listening to 6 straight hours of one band before changing.  Thought I'd share.  ;D

KelMar

Re: Long drive to Florida
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:24:07 PM »

There is nobody else that I could come close to listening to 6 straight hours of one band before changing.  Thought I'd share.  ;D

Sounds good to me too! I could never get away with that unless I was travelling alone though.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »

Good idea, blmeanie. I'm facing (read: dreading) a 6-day round-trip drive from ND to SC in October. Maybe I'll pick up an iPod and iTunes......

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »

For the week of the 4th we drove down to my parents in Florida, a 7.5 hour drive typically.

For fun I chose the artist on the iPod for the trip rather than "shuffle" on songs.  I chose the Beatles and just let it go.  I don't have the full catalog on the iPod so I was pleasantly surprised to get over 6 hours of continuous and non repeat Beatles songs.  Also surprised how the iPod travelled through the albums alphabetically.  After figuring it out about three albums in it was an easy guessing game as to what was coming next.  I like a lot of classic rock.  There is nobody else that I could come close to listening to 6 straight hours of one band before changing.  Thought I'd share.  ;D
We used to have Beatle Toke Outs back in the good old days and did it a few times!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »

Sounds good to me too! I could never get away with that unless I was travelling alone though.

well, I was with three of my kids, my wife and oldest were taking same trip a day later and my 5th (oldest boy) was off at camp.  So with the three I had in the car, they had earbuds and probably didn't hear all six hours of what I was playing...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 02:00:49 AM »

I'm facing (read: dreading) a 6-day round-trip drive from ND to SC in October.

The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 04:19:04 PM »

I will be sure to play that when we hit the road, Barry!  ;)

nimrod

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »

good stuff bm

you shouldve got the one after 909 though ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:34 AM »

Nice one! Like you said Kelley - I can only do that if I am travelling alone, or with my sister. Can never get bored of listening to them!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 55 queries.