Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 638534 times)

KelMar

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8660 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:00 AM »

At the dinner this am, a couple sat on the next stools to me and we struck up a conversation about music. he had just seen Greg Allman in Keene. Had a nice time with them

That's a nice way to start the day. I used to have some good conversations with patrons at the other library who were checking out music books. I don't have as much interaction with the patrons at this job and I miss that. I mostly talk to them when they are having computer problems. They aren't as happy then as people who are talking about music! LOL

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8661 on: November 04, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »

Wow, just spoke to grandad to wish him a happy 90th birthday. Pretty cool age :)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

nimrod

« Reply #8662 on: November 04, 2013, 12:16:32 PM »

Wow, just spoke to grandad to wish him a happy 90th birthday. Pretty cool age :)

Good Gene's !!

My Mum died 2 years ago aged 92, and then only killed by a heavy swinging door

KelMar

« Reply #8663 on: November 04, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »

I love to hear things like this! In my family there's a real mixed bag longevity-wise. My mom's aunt lived to be 99 and she was still playing bridge and drinking gin and tonics right up until the last few months. My immediate family didn't fair so well. I'm going to really celebrate when I hit 52.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8664 on: November 05, 2013, 12:03:41 AM »

I did but... I was up, ready and out so early I had to go to breakfast and do my groc. shop before church! I'm a little thown off!  :)

I enjoyed my extra hour, too, and because I have a lot of work to do (I'm behind, as usual), I was up at 8:00 with coffee in hand, at the computer. Then I got hit by a vicious stomach bug and spent the next 5 hours curled up in bed. Had to miss church.   :-X

KelMar

« Reply #8665 on: November 05, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »

Then I got hit by a vicious stomach bug and spent the next 5 hours curled up in bed.

Ugh! That's the worst. I used to get that every single year that I taught little kids. Then my daughter brought it home to me two winters ago when she worked at a daycare. I've never seen her so sick. Now I'm just around the little kids from the Baptist school who come over to the library twice a week. Last winter I wore a mask and gloves every time they came. Nah...just kidding but it's tempting! Hope it misses your kiddos.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8666 on: November 05, 2013, 03:22:39 AM »

I enjoyed my extra hour, too, and because I have a lot of work to do (I'm behind, as usual), I was up at 8:00 with coffee in hand, at the computer. Then I got hit by a vicious stomach bug and spent the next 5 hours curled up in bed. Had to miss church.   :-X
That's too bad. I hope your feeling better.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8667 on: November 05, 2013, 03:50:06 AM »

I was up at 8:00 with coffee in hand, at the computer. Then I got hit by a vicious stomach bug and spent the next 5 hours curled up in bed.

Sounds like you had a headache in your stomach...

Little Rascals - Night 'N' Gales (1937) - Color

7:15
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8668 on: November 05, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

Thanks, all! I finally started feeling human again yesterday morning. (The only good thing about these bugs is that they are usually short lived.)  :)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8669 on: November 05, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »

This too shall pass!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8670 on: November 06, 2013, 05:03:07 AM »

I love what my 1st cousin 4 times removed said in her 1890's newspaper column: "Congress adjourned last Tuesday and the whole world breathes easier."  ;D

Ha ha; that is perfect, Kelley!  :laugh:

Kathy, this cousin I discovered was really something else. She and some of her brothers went to San Francisco from Vermont sometime between 1850 and 1860. There she married the love of her life and promptly lost him to the Civil War while carrying their child. Her second marriage was, from an account I read about her, a marriage of "necessity". That also ended in widowhood. She had been a teacher but after her second marriage she became a strong advocate for the rights of women to own land and went to school and became a lawyer, graduating at age 59! She even found a third husband who was quoted as saying," My wife doeth as she pleases". LOL He was a newspaper man and she had a weekly column in his paper. I am so inspired by her and finding her at the stage of life I'm in has been wonderful.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8671 on: November 06, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »

This too shall pass!
Salmon the wise ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8672 on: November 07, 2013, 10:04:27 AM »

There is a big sign outside my flat advertising its for sale. Kinda strange coming home knowing its going to be sold soon

KelMar

« Reply #8673 on: November 08, 2013, 06:05:00 AM »

The users online area looks very colorful right now. (How's that for random?)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #8674 on: November 08, 2013, 07:57:21 AM »

I wonder if anybody chat sometimes...
I always see "No user is in chat."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 08:00:16 AM by Dmitry »

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8675 on: November 15, 2013, 08:02:18 PM »

It's 9 o'clock in the morning, on a Saturday and the landlord is cutting the lawn.....! How annoying!

nimrod

« Reply #8676 on: November 15, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »

It's 9 o'clock in the morning, on a Saturday and the landlord is cutting the lawn.....! How annoying!

at least he waited till 9 KE  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8677 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:34 AM »

Sequel to "It's a Wonderful Life" Planned

This is the worst idea I've heard in a long time....... :P

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=839654

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8678 on: November 19, 2013, 02:34:13 AM »

OK, am I reading this wrong, or is the following excerpt from the article about the "It's a Wonderful Life" sequel sound either incorrect or terribly insulting? 

The surprising sequel will even be bringing back a few of the original cast members -- most notably Karolyn Grimes, who played Zuzu in the original -- who will now appear as an angel who shows George Bailey's grandson (also named George Bailey) how much better off the world would have been had he never been born.

Sounds like a real pick-me-up   ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #8679 on: November 19, 2013, 02:50:13 AM »

OK, am I reading this wrong, or is the following excerpt from the article about the "It's a Wonderful Life" sequel sound either incorrect or terribly insulting? 

The surprising sequel will even be bringing back a few of the original cast members -- most notably Karolyn Grimes, who played Zuzu in the original -- who will now appear as an angel who shows George Bailey's grandson (also named George Bailey) how much better off the world would have been had he never been born.

Sounds like a real pick-me-up   ha2ha

LOL And then he jumps off the bridge anyway? That would certainly make it qualify as a surprising sequel! These sequels are rarely a good idea anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 527

Page created in 0.997 seconds with 78 queries.