Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 639836 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8200 on: October 21, 2012, 01:00:11 AM »

Oh Todd................can I talk to you for a moment??......lol....!  Quick Dave get the bag and rope....hahaha ha2ha ha2ha
; )  Don't worry! if things go wrong we'll give you full credit!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #8201 on: October 21, 2012, 04:01:42 AM »

Just dont forget the duct tape..... ha2ha ha2ha

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8202 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »

I was surveying the lawn and making sure everything is down for this impending storm about to hit us here in the northeast and I noticed ONE black walnut that is still hanging on!
Anyone want to bet it makes it till wednsday!?
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

Random Thoughts
« Reply #8203 on: October 28, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »

I don't know how to quote with this phone app thing but to answer Larry's question I'm from western NY state. (That took forever to type!)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8204 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »

I was surveying the lawn and making sure everything is down for this impending storm about to hit us here in the northeast and I noticed ONE black walnut that is still hanging on!
Anyone want to bet it makes it till wednsday!?
It fell!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #8205 on: October 29, 2012, 07:11:58 PM »

It fell!

That didn't take long! You know, I just had the Weather Channel on for 30 minutes and didn't see one bit of local weather. Anyway, stay safe!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8206 on: October 30, 2012, 12:31:13 AM »

That didn't take long! You know, I just had the Weather Channel on for 30 minutes and didn't see one bit of local weather. Anyway, stay safe!
Thanks Kelly. We're safe but the coast is taking a beating. Worst case up here is downed power lines.
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8207 on: October 30, 2012, 08:24:22 PM »

I hope you and your families stayed safe during the storm, Kelley and Dcazz (and any other forum member who was in its path).

It seems odd that today is a pleasant, sunny day here in North Dakota and another area is getting slammed with a storm. Usually it's the other way around!

nimrod

« Reply #8208 on: October 30, 2012, 09:40:08 PM »

Its all over the news here in Oz and looks terrible, I really hope all on here are safe

KelMar

« Reply #8209 on: October 30, 2012, 10:26:05 PM »

I hope you and your families stayed safe during the storm, Kelley and Dcazz (and any other forum member who was in its path).

Its all over the news here in Oz and looks terrible, I really hope all on here are safe

Thanks Kathy and Kevin. Here in my part of New York state it essentially missed us. It rained hard and the wind made this weird kind of low roar all night but no damage for us. New York City, Long Island and New Jersey were the hardest hit. It's going to be a long road ahead for those folks to recover.

nimrod

« Reply #8210 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »

good to hear your ok Kelley, lets hope everyone is, nature can be so devastating, Brisbane is still getting over the floods of 2 years ago, some still are practically homeless as some insurance Co's refused payment

KelMar

« Reply #8211 on: October 30, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »

Brisbane is still getting over the floods of 2 years ago, some still are practically homeless as some insurance Co's refused payment

That's awful. People around here still talk about 1972, when a hurricane similar to this one stalled out and it rained for days. People lived in trailers for months while their houses were being repaired. When we remodeled this house we could see how high the water had been back then.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8212 on: October 31, 2012, 02:46:45 AM »

I think from Boston north and west we dodged the bullet. Some beach erosion, powerlines and local flooding. While this is certainly a big deal for those affected I think NYC and NJ and the coast of Conn. and RI got it the worst. It will definatly be a while before everythings fixed. It's hard to imagine 50 homes going up in flames in Brooklyn.
I think Hello Goodbye's from New Jersey. Has anyone heard from him?
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8213 on: October 31, 2012, 04:13:03 AM »

I think from Boston north and west we dodged the bullet. Some beach erosion, powerlines and local flooding. While this is certainly a big deal for those affected I think NYC and NJ and the coast of Conn. and RI got it the worst. It will definatly be a while before everythings fixed. It's hard to imagine 50 homes going up in flames in Brooklyn.

I haven't seen a post from him since yesterday...maybe nothing more than his internet is down, I hope.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #8214 on: October 31, 2012, 04:14:33 AM »

I have a cousin who lives and works in Atlantic City.  He's okay, but his brother is ticked off at him for not evacuating and I agree.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

nimrod

« Reply #8215 on: October 31, 2012, 05:00:59 AM »

I haven't seen a post from him since yesterday...maybe nothing more than his internet is down, I hope.

Yes Im worried about Barry, hope he's ok

KelMar

« Reply #8216 on: October 31, 2012, 05:37:44 AM »

The power's out where he is. I'll be glad when we hear from him.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #8217 on: October 31, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

Horrible stuff. Praying everybodys as OK as can be.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8218 on: October 31, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »

Horrible stuff. Praying everybodys as OK as can be.

Me too! Glad you were spared the worst of it, Kelley and Dcazz, and I sure hope HelloGoodbye is OK.

nimrod

« Reply #8219 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:53 PM »

Yes c'mon Baz, the Roo's in the top paddock are missing you :)
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 527

Page created in 0.757 seconds with 80 queries.