Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Hard Day's Night to get a Cinema & DVD & Blue Ray Release Summer 2014  (Read 14022 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher

The Beatles' A Hard Day's Night is to be re-released in cinemas and on DVD.

The 1964 film , which follows a day in the life of the band as Beatlemania is in full swing, has been fully restored and will be in cinemas and available to download on July 4. A limited edition DVD and Blu-ray release will follow on July 21.

Directed by Richard Lester and written by Alun Owen, the film also starred Anna Quayle, Bob Godfrey, Robin Ray, Lionel Blair and Patti Boyd.

Next week (March 20), the piano played by John Lennon and Paul McCartney while filming Help! will go up for auction. The pair used the 1907 Bechstein Concert Grand to compose the title track to the 1965 film and was used to compose 'Yesterday'. It has been valued at £50,000 by Omega Auctions, and will be sold in Liverpool.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-beatles/76087#yIeKDHLEF3RI1sgA.99

http://www.criterion.com/films/28547-a-hard-day-s-night

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

German DVD  June 27

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

German Special Edition with 1x Blu-ray Disc (50 GB), 3x DVD-9 nearly 300 minutes Bonus Material

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better

The bfi on the Southbank (London) is showing 'A Hard Day's Night' over two weeks in July from 3rd to 17th.
There appear to be 33 screenings so, even given the World Cup, there doesn't seem too much excuse for missing it.

'Sorry we hurt your field, Mister.'
Major result! 

nimrod

Next week (March 20), the piano played by John Lennon and Paul McCartney while filming Help! will go up for auction. The pair used the 1907 Bechstein Concert Grand to compose the title track to the 1965 film

I was always under the impression that the song was solely written by Lennon overnight, once the title had been decided on

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher

KelMar

Dates for US coming soon

Man, would I be happy if I could see this in a theater. The only city that is near me is an hour and a half away and I am very eager to see if it's coming there.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages

Man, would I be happy if I could see this in a theater. The only city that is near me is an hour and a half away and I am very eager to see if it's coming there.
We're about the same from the nearest modern theater. I'll probably see it on Netflix sometime in the future!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

Next week (March 20), the piano played by John Lennon and Paul McCartney while filming Help! will go up for auction. The pair used the 1907 Bechstein Concert Grand to compose the title track to the 1965 film and was used to compose 'Yesterday'. It has been valued at £50,000 by Omega Auctions, and will be sold in Liverpool.

Just to clarify, the piano which appeared in Help! was not the Bechstein Concert Grand which sold at auction.  A Bösendorfer Grand Piano was used in the Ticket To Ride scene filmed at Obertauern in the Austrian Alps... 

Here's the story about this piano:  The Beatles and the Bösendorfer Grand in the snow

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot

I'm not sure yet if it'll be playing in my city, but I'm going to be on this darn cruise and will miss it (and the Twilight Zone marathon, adding insult to injury)   >:(  . I would be so thrilled to see AHDN on the big screen. 

Oh, well, at least I'll be able to readily get the DVD.

KelMar

I'm going to be on this darn cruise and will miss it (and the Twilight Zone marathon, adding insult to injury)   >:( 

You might feel like you're in the Twilight Zone though, from the sounds of it!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

I'm not sure yet if it'll be playing in my city, but I'm going to be on this darn cruise and will miss it (and the Twilight Zone marathon, adding insult to injury)   >:(  . I would be so thrilled to see AHDN on the big screen. 

Now exactly where do we intend to go?

The Twilight Zone S04E17 Passage on the Lady Anne Full Episode

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Still going on that cruise?  You'll know you've entered tHe tWiLIgHt ZoNe if you change your cruise plans for an airline trip and run into...

There's room for one more, honey.

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better

The various comments above have convinced me that if you can get to see it on the big screen it'll be worth your effort.

I've never seen AHDN at the cinema (what a disgrace!) and, I have to admit, I think I've only seen it on 3 or 4 occasions. Bizarrely, however, I must have seen 'Magical Mystery Tour' on least 100 occasions.....mainly, of course, for Paul's tank top!

All this just makes me more determined to clear a space in July to see AHDN properly. 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Bizarrely, however, I must have seen 'Magical Mystery Tour' on least 100 occasions.....mainly, of course, for Paul's tank top!

I've got one of those...

:)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot

You might feel like you're in the Twilight Zone though, from the sounds of it!

I wish! The episode "A Stop at Willoughby" comes to mind: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734550/       ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot

Now exactly where do we intend to go?

Omigosh, I'd forgotten about Passage on the Lady Anne! (Hm, Anne is my middle name.........) 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:16:06 AM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot

All this just makes me more determined to clear a space in July to see AHDN properly.

I hope you get to see it.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.789 seconds with 79 queries.