Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Hard Day's Night to get a Cinema & DVD & Blue Ray Release Summer 2014  (Read 14022 times)

KelMar

I wish! The episode "A Stop at Willoughby" comes to mind: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734550/       ;D

Oh, he gets to go back to 1888! I would love to see that. I've never seen an episode of this show that hasn't made me go "Wow!" The trouble is I never seem to take the time to watch this or much of anything else I enjoy. Don't ask me why; I'm just weird that way.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

The various comments above have convinced me that if you can get to see it on the big screen it'll be worth your effort.

All this just makes me more determined to clear a space in July to see AHDN properly.

That's the proper way to see it.  I saw it in the theater twice on its release in 1964.  And on a big screen, not these small ones you find today in multiplexes.  When I watch it on DVD, it takes me back to how I first saw the film.

Don't miss it this time around!
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

My thoughts, three years ago, on seeing A Hard Day's Night in the theater:  http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=11318.msg269201#msg269201

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher

Looks like Amazon have a better cover now for the DVD. Looks better then the previous one they had a black cover with cartoon like Beatles in different colours. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Days-Night-Anniversary-Restoration/dp/B00KATQSA2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1403168181&sr=8-4&keywords=a+hard+days+night+dvd

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better

I've read and heard two reviews of the re-release and it's heartening that both were overwhelming in their enthusiasm.

David Hepworth on his blog and Mark Kermode (both pretty respected commentators in the UK) on the Film Review programme last night.
The consensus was how alive and vibrant the film still appears.

Particularly interesting was Hepworth's comment that, given the considerable price of LPs in the 60s and the comparative cheapness of going to the cinema, the film experience of AHDN was probably shared by more people than the first two albums.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT U.S. Re-release Trailer

A Hard Day's Night Opens July 4th Nationwide

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

A Hard Day's Night was on TV last night in the UK on BBC 4 it's showing tonight at the cinema tonight but can't make it I'm going along on Thursday for a 10.30 showing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:45:09 AM by Euan Buchan »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

4 Days a 1 Blu Ray 3 DVD Box is coming partypeople cheer1 party2 ;yes

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023

A Hard Day's Night was on TV last night in the UK on BBC 4 it's showing tonight at the cinema tonight but can't make it might go along on Thursday for a 10.30 showing.

I'd just arrived on a long plane flight to Europe. Got into the hotel and lay back expecting not much on TV to watch. And lo and behold this was on. So that was a bonus. Not sure whether it was just the tv but there seemed to be some skips on the soundtrack here and there.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

Looking forward seeing it at the cinema today as it's a 10.30am showing I wonder how busy it will be I do remember I almost had a cinema all to myself when I saw The US VS John Lennon.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Let us know how much you enjoyed it, Euan.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

Was rather nice seeing it at the cinema when I went in they were playing The Beatles 1 Album I thought there's no one here will I have the whole cinema to myself? No a few families came in with babies and I thought oh great the film will be ruined by babie cries I was wrong they didn't cry some mothers were dancing to Beatles numbers to calm their babies was cute but the film sounded great glad I went.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot

Was rather nice seeing it at the cinema when I went in they were playing The Beatles 1 Album I thought there's no one here will I have the whole cinema to myself? No a few families came in with babies and I thought oh great the film will be ruined by babie cries I was wrong they didn't cry some mothers were dancing to Beatles numbers to calm their babies was cute but the film sounded great glad I went.

That sounds fun, Euan! 

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Good news!  Was that the first time you saw it in the cinema?

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

No it was my 3rd time seeing it at the cinema. The first time I saw it was in 2001 at the same cinema (Cameo Cinema) it was doing a Cinema UK Tour Mum gave me a flyer for it still have it. The following year I saw ut again at The Picturehouse it wasn't doing a Tour then just showed it for one night.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

Made a momentous of seeing A Hard Day's Night at the cinema. I did the same thing fir Magical Mystery Tour

KelMar

Made a momentous of seeing A Hard Day's Night at the cinema. I did the same thing fir Magical Mystery Tour

Very nice! I'm glad you got to see it Euan.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

Week today it be released on DVD

oldbrownshoe

• Getting Better

Saw it last night at the National Film Theatre on the South Bank (London).
Always loved AHDN, but enjoyed it more than I ever have before, as did the rest of the audience, many of whom clapped at the end.

I felt particularly warm towards George throughout the whole film, and it was great trying to recognise all the various British actors and actresses who popped up.

In particular, Marianne Stone (the slightly older, attractive journalist who interviews Ringo) must have appeared in about a thousand British films. If it was made in the 50s through to the early 1970s, and was British, then it was almost certain that she appeared in it!

It's run for now ends at the NFT, but I think there are sporadic showings through to the end of September.
I am seriously thinking about going again.
Utterly wonderful.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages

It's released on DVD & Blue Ray here today.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.835 seconds with 75 queries.