Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Another Day

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kaleidoscope_Eyes:
Tis a beautiful song - music and lyrics. Love it!

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: Kaleidoscope_Eyes on April 12, 2013, 11:54:20 PM ---Tis a beautiful song - music and lyrics. Love it!

--- End quote ---

...and Paul and Linda's voices sound so perfect together.

This song was so very popular when it was released here in the United States.  I still love listening to it.  The subject matter is "so sad" but the upbeat melody lends hope to the woman's situation.

jamesbjorkman:
It's very melodic, and I like it a bit, but.... "Another Day" and "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" were the only two Paul songs to get extensive airplay in the States for the first couple of years after the breakup, and, of the two, I much prefer the latter. "Another Day" sounds too much like Paul's previous stuff, almost as if he was repeating himself. "Another Day" goes on for at least one verse too many, it's just a bit too perfectly produced without variety or tempo changes or all those sorts of things that Paul usually excelled at, and it's way too downbeat. It just sounds like everybody should be crying when it's playing. Not the first Paul single I would reach for off the shelf. I think much of its popularity upon release was simply due to afterglow from "Abbey Road" and "Let it Be," both bona fide masterpieces by Paul and those three guys who were backing him.

tkitna:

--- Quote from: jamesbjorkman on May 22, 2013, 06:31:04 AM ---It's very melodic, and I like it a bit, but.... "Another Day" and "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" were the only two Paul songs to get extensive airplay in the States for the first couple of years after the breakup, and, of the two, I much prefer the latter. "Another Day" sounds too much like Paul's previous stuff, almost as if he was repeating himself. "Another Day" goes on for at least one verse too many, it's just a bit too perfectly produced without variety or tempo changes or all those sorts of things that Paul usually excelled at, and it's way too downbeat. It just sounds like everybody should be crying when it's playing. Not the first Paul single I would reach for off the shelf.
--- End quote ---

I prefer Uncle Albert also, but I dont feel the gloom that your perceiving when listening to it. As a matter of fact, I almost feel the opposite. It makes me happy for some reason, although the lyrics and song content point in the other direction. Maybe its because I dont pay attention to lyrics. I dig the music aspect.

--- Quote ---I think much of its popularity upon release was simply due to afterglow from "Abbey Road" and "Let it Be," both bona fide masterpieces by Paul and those three guys who were backing him.

--- End quote ---

I think your wrong, but everybodys entitled to their opinion. I think much of its popularity was due to the fact that its a pretty damn good song.

jamesbjorkman:
You don't listen to lyrics, I think Paul would be hurt.... "Another Day" is a perfectly fine song, but one you rarely hear (at least that I rarely hear) played these days. As you say, a matter of opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version