Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Role Models?  (Read 3842 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Role Models?
« on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:04 AM »

I was reading about this new online game that seems to me to have been inspired by people like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and the rest of the Hollywood sleaze. I find it a little disturbing that these are the kind of people kids are looking up to these days. Obviously, from this article, it's not just an American thing anymore. I don't know what to think really. I mean, jeez, what's the appeal of those people anyway?? I don't get it. They're not even talented. This game is just a reflection on what the media has already been teaching young girls for a while now. They grow up believing that they need to look perfect, be famous, get plastic surgery, weigh next to nothing, and nab some rich guy to be worth anything. It's kind of disgusting. I feel bad when these kids grow up and actually have to deal with reality. Anyway, any thoughts?

Here's the article. I think the creator sounds very creepy. I love how he justifies what he's doing when really, he knows he's wrong. Money is king I guess. Whatever.

Online Game Lets Users Get Breast Implants, Take Diet Pills
Users as Young as 8 Years Old Can Make Their Virtual Bimbos as Sexy as They Like
By EMILY FRIEDMAN
March 25, 2008

Boob jobs, diet pills and boyfriends are the name of the game for many girls joining a new online game that allows users to do whatever it takes to become "the most famous, beautiful, sought-after bimbo across the globe."
miss bimbo
(ABCNews Photo Illustration)

"Miss Bimbo's" users

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Re: Role Models?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 05:35:34 AM »

"Miss Bimbo's" users

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:07:45 AM »

I've got four teenage niece's they all seem pretty well balanced at the moment , yes they are into  this celebrity culture , but they are also doing well at school and all want a decent career . It's money they want first and foremost , i keep telling them to leave the boys alone until their at least 25 and just enjoy themselves see the world a bit .
I think it's down to family  you just have to support them , i always tell them what i think , like Amy Winehouse needs a good scrub with soap and water and they just laugh at me .

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »

I think that's pretty much what it comes down to. If you have a family that keeps you grounded in reality and actually takes the time to talk to you then you'll be okay. If anything, I think we're being so saturated with this celebrity junk that it will soon become boring to most people. It's already being mocked and seen as vapid and dull by most people. Although the fascination with it is still pretty strong. Like a train wreck I guess. Oh well. The Romans threw people to the lions. We watch our child stars self destruct and slowly kill themselves. Humans still love to witness suffering I guess!  ;D

Oh, I checked out that bimbo game and really, unless you have the IQ of a rabbit I really can't see how it would entertain you for more than ten minutes. It's extremely simple minded and dull. Click here, click there. The graphics aren't even any good. Mind numbing. But then I'm not a big "gamer."

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

I think the Bimbo game is meant to be satire. At least, I hope so.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »

Quote from: 218
I think the Bimbo game is meant to be satire. At least, I hope so.

Yeah, that's their take on it and obvious way of justifying it. I figure anyone who can be entertained by that game for more than ten minutes doesn't have much hope in the first place. Mind numbing doesn't even begin to describe it.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »

That's the problem with satire, though. There will always be people who just don't get it. Either because they are too young, or too dumb, they will think that this is the way that they are supposed to act instead of realizing that it makes fun of people who act this way. Like All In the Family or Borat, people look up to these characters instead of realizing that they are gross caricatures of bigots, or in this case, bimbos.

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »

borat was such a funny movie...
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 02:20:20 AM »

Quote from: 218
That's the problem with satire, though. There will always be people who just don't get it. Either because they are too young, or too dumb, they will think that this is the way that they are supposed to act instead of realizing that it makes fun of people who act this way. Like All In the Family or Borat, people look up to these characters instead of realizing that they are gross caricatures of bigots, or in this case, bimbos.

All in the Family and Borat are examples of groundbreaking political and social satire. Bimbo, while pretending to be clever, is an example of cashing in on bored teens who DO look up to people like Paris Hilton. Believe it or not.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 02:54:53 AM »

Yeah, I should have made it clear that Bimbo is really ham-fisted satire.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »

I wouldn't even call it satire. It's not nearly witty enough and there's no intention to improve society. It's on par with the likes of TMZ and most reality shows. Cashing in by exploiting others, pandering to our need for scandal and human suffering, and doing it with little to no imagination.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 03:17:35 AM »

You may be right about that. I'd have to peruse the site a bit more to find out about that, but I'm afraid I might kill a few more brain cells in the process.

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 03:23:02 AM »

its probably paid for by dr. 90210
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 63 queries.