Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Olivia  (Read 1589 times)

frightenedandscared

• A Beginning
Happy Birthday Olivia
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:56:27 PM »

Olivia Harrison, George Harrison's 2nd wife, turns 57 today!
(today is also the 35th anniversary of the US release of the Let It Be anniversary)

(http://www.geocities.com/mexican_beauty48/bio.html)
Olivia Trinidad Arias was born on May 18, 1948 in Mexico City, Mexico to Zeke and Mary Louise Arias. Olivia has two siblings, Peter and Linda. The Arias family moved to California where Olivia attended Hawthorne High School and by 1963, Olivia started working as a secretary.

In 1974, Olivia worked at A&M records and had spoken to George Harrison many times over the phone. George was impressed and sent a friend to scout her out. George and Olivia met at a party and the two soon formed a romantic relationship

On June 17, 1977, George's divorce from his first wife, Patti Boyd (whom he met on the set of "A Hard Day's Night" in 1964 and married in 1966) became final

During 1978, Olivia discovered that she was pregnant. George and Olivia intended to marry in May, but the event was cancelled due to the death of George's father, Harry Harrison, Sr. On August 1, 1978, Olivia gave birth to Dhani Harrison at Princess Christian Nursing Home. Soon after the birth, George took Olivia on a holiday to recuperate. George and Olivia married on September 2, 1978 with Olivia's parents in attendance. Five days later, they announced that they were married and went on their honeymoon in Tunisia.

On December 9, 1980, Olivia was woken up by the phone call by George's eldest sister, Louise, telling her about the heartbreaking news that John Lennon was shot and killed in New York City, New York. Olivia woke George up to inform him. George cancelled recording sessions to mourn the death of his friend

In 1990, Olivia read the troubles in Romania and travelled there to see what she could do to help. Horrified of what she saw, Olivia organized a charity, Romanian Angel Appeal, with support from Linda McCartney, Barbara Bach, Yoko Ono, and Elton John

On December 30, 1999, Olivia was woken up by glass breaking. Thinking that it was a chandlier, Olivia asked George to investigate. Moments later, the intruder attacked George by stabbing him in the chest and Olivia knocked him out with a lamp. Both George and Olivia were admitted in the hospital. Olivia was released with minor injuries, but George was still under care.

During 2001, Olivia seached for treatments for George's cancer and travelled with him between Switzerland, Italy, England, and America. In May of 2001, George and Olivia attended Dhani's graduation from Brown University in Rhone Island. In October of 2001, the Harrisons travelled to Los Angeles, California. On November 29, 2001, George Harrison died from lung cancer that spread to his brain. Olivia and Dhani were at his side.

By 2002, Olivia sued her former brother in law, Carl Roles, for selling her late husband's possessions. Her son, Dhani, and Jeff Lynne completed and released George's music, "Brianwashed". Olivia continues being out of the public eye, however, she's very dedicated to her chartiy and keeping George's memory and music alive

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Happy Birthday Olivia
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:58:29 PM »

Cool! I wantes to know more about Olivia for this thing I was doing on my site, and now I do! Thanks for posting that. :)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

TysonWolf

• A Beginning
Re: Happy Birthday Olivia
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 02:26:05 AM »

Happy (belated) birthday, Olivia! :)

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 40 queries.