Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Remasters!  (Read 65484 times)

Rook09

• One And One Is Two
Re: Remasters!
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2009, 02:22:17 AM »

Just want to pop in and say how stoked I am about the remasters...on 090909 I'm taking the day off work and listening to every album one after the other.....LOUD!
It's been a long time comin!  8)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »

Less than a month to go.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Bobber

« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:03 PM »

Thanks for the pics!

It's interesting that they've used a US Capitol-style label for the MMT CD, since MMT as a full-length album was first released there, rather than replicating the UK EP label style.

I wonder what label the Past Masters CD will have. That one isn't shown.

And I see the cover of PPM still says "Please Please Me with Love Me Do and 12 other songs" rather than "Please Please Me with Love Me Do and 12 other songs plus a mini documentary"  ;D

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »

I was hoping for raised lettering on The White Album :(
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2009, 12:23:04 PM »

I was hoping for raised lettering on The White Album :(

Same here!!  And numbered!
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2009, 01:53:54 PM »

Yeah - they could have at least put a number on there, even if it's the same number on every CD.
090909 would have been perfect (actually, someone must own that copy of the original white album - I wonder if it's worth more now?!)

And "The Beatles" lettering could have been embossed and left white because they now have the Beatles/Apple logo up in the top left corner to identify it, just in case anyone REALLY doesn't know what album this is.

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2009, 01:50:01 AM »

Hi all!

Was mightily impressed with Dr. Ebbett's evaluation of the remasters and also his honesty and scruples about discontinuing his great work of the last few years.  We need a few more people like him in Apple/EMI!

Re the albums...looking at the cd pictures (and I am partially sighted), I wonder how sturdy the cd cases are.  Getting the cds themselves out looks a tad fiddldy.  I've got loads of cds with this style of cd casing and they don't really stand the test of time.  Oh well, at least the music sounds as though it'll make up for any shortcomings elsewhere...

Here's a post from Wogblog - All Things Beatle.  Very interesting.  I've not read this information anywhere else.

http://wogew.blogspot.com/2009/07/beatles-remasters-packaging.html

Roll on 090909!

Bobber

« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2009, 08:45:57 AM »

Interesting link. Thanks for that. But the question at the bottom is worth noting too...

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »

ahhhh!!!!!!! Bobber, its making me cry with joy just looking at those photos, stop exciting me!, hehe :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Rook09

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2009, 02:49:16 AM »

Great Photos!  8)

As I said, really looking forward to this. I am extremely disappointed that they won't be remixed...a whole 'nother topic, but I read this post over on the Amazon discussion boards and it kind of explains how I feel about the whole thing:

T. A. Goldich says:
I am not so polite as others who've commented on this thread. The news that the upcoming Beatle remasters will not be remixes frankly appalls and sickens me. I'm not prepared to be satisfied with whatever infinitesimal sonic improvements as can be sussed out of those same old tapes. Even if they do sound a tiny bit better I don't know that I could bear to listen to them without weeping for what could have been. I'm supposed to put the "new" Rubber Soul on, the one I've waited over two decades for, only to hear the vocals panned even farther off center than on the 1987 release! I don't know about you, but I think it would be just too gallingly painful. I don't think I could stand it.

If, for historic purposes, they want to present the original mixes sounding their best, great; I'm all for it. But don't rob of us for over $400 then make us wait interminably for the real deal. We've heard what remixing can do. We know the improvements to be enormous; let's have them now, right now! If the Doors can receive lavish attentions to their oeuvre, the Beatles deserve at least as much.

But why should companies make the efforts they ought to make when so few consumers have standards high enough to demand it? Predictably, the news that the upcoming Beatle re-release will be culled from the very same tapes as the 1987 release, is greeted with miniscule protest. Half the commentators on this list are perfectly OK with this outrage. Many are so averse to change they don't even grasp vast sound quality improvements as a good thing. The other half, are only ever so slightly miffed. Very few seem to see this for the horrific disappointment and monumental missed opportunity that it truly is. Sure, some year, some decade from now, the remixes will doubtless be made available, but I'm not some passive cow who can be told to wait out my life for something on the dictates of a corporate whim. I've done over two decades of waiting for Beatle music to receive proper treatment. I've waited long enough, and so have you!

They spent "four years" doing nothing? Let's get this straight people, the powers that be have chosen to deliver the absolute rock bottom, dirt minimum they possibly, possibly can and still maintain any credibility, at all. How could anyone settle for that?! If we consumers were not such sheep, we would stand up en masse and shout: Not good enough! Wrong! Try again! We would so boycott these upcoming releases and so deluge Apple with letters of well-earned outrage as to force the suits to deliver the product they should have delivered in the first place. We could have the infinitely superior remixes in a matter of months instead of years. But consumer cows will buy the inferior product in huge quantities and the bean counters will feel no pressure at all. They'll take their sweet time about doing it right. Many young people will turn their noses up at Revolver for its tinny antiquated sound and who knows if we original Beatle fans will still be alive by the time corporate finally gets around to delivering the goods.

(He goes on to say...)

Truth is, I'll be buying the damn things too. I'll take the minutia of improvement if that's all I can get. But some aspects of the same old sound really will be hard to take knowing how they could and should have been improved.

I couldn't be happier that the authentic mixes will be presented sounding their best, that's as it should be of course. But in the absence of new mixes there is simply nothing to get excited about. It would have been worth a lot more than $200 to me to have the experience of listening to all the Beatle music rendered new and refreshed and exciting again with vocals centered the way they ought to be. But no, there is to be nothing new; nothing to get excited about. Just the same old music presented in the same old way. Who cares? The mono mixes? I've already got `em, who cares? CDs culled from those same stereo masters, I'VE ALREADY GOT `EM! Whatever minutia of improvement that may come of re-mastering isn't enough to get excited about.

It's as if I were a little kid dying from the wait for Christmas only to be told they canceled Christmas. To add insult to injury I read the multitude of posts delighting in this: Hooray! There is to be nothing new! No alternate listening experience! No excitement! No improvements of any kind!!! ("Happy days are here again . . ."). Well those of you want to hear the exact same thing in the exact same way are going to get what you want. You never have to suffer the horror of new or changed or improved. But take pity on those of us whose aspirations reach out to something more than that.

------------------------------

Take that as you will but I felt it was pretty much bang on with my own thoughts on the situation...

Also, I have a question for anyone who can answer it:  has anyone heard that I Feel Fine, She's A Women, Bad Boy, Yes It Is, I'm Down, Slow Down, I Call Your Name, Long Tall Sally and Matchbox are being omitted from the stereo version of Past Masters? I've read this here and there and it's beginning to concern me.

Whoeveriam

• A Beginning
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2009, 03:46:59 AM »

£,000,000  ;D

Certain peoples will be sitting a few inches higher this Fallumn...

Can you get these in Stereo and Mono individually?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:03:06 AM by Whoeveriam »

Bobber

« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »

Beatles For Sale mini-documentary here: http://thebeatles.com/core/home/

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

Another almost random thought that has occurred to me today....

The stereo mixes have some interesting quirks of note.  Here's a few that spring to mind.

The Please Please Me album, recorded on 2-track and thus to get a stereo mix, we have the voices on one side and the instruments on another.  There are more several different stereo mixes of the various songs, so which version will we get?  We're either going to get either the vocals to one side....etc, or, the vocals to the centre, but where would the instruments go? 

She Loves You.  There are a few drop outs in sound on this track and also that the master tape has not survived, and so, there can't be a truly stereo mix.  Does this mean we're back to the awful fake stereo or whatever term they used?

If I Fell.  At around 1:47 Paul's voice cracks whilst singing the words "...in vain", as he harmonises with John.

Day Tripper.  We all know that there are various drop outs in Day Tripper.  It was fixed for the ONE album, so hopefully that fixed version will be used here.

What does anybody else thing, or am I on my own on this one? ;D

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »

After much thought, considering the prices are about the same for the complete "Rock Band" set with instruments and the deluxe box set of the stereo remasters, I'm gonna put my money in and get the remasters box set.  In the long run, I'll get more of my money's worth on that.  I can get the game for the Beatles' "Rock Band" because I've already had a PS3 and a guitar already from Guitar Hero.  Money is tight right now, but I think the best "bang for the buck" is the remasters set.  And I've been hearing that it is absolutely AMAZING!!!!
And thanks for all those pictures posted of the remasters.  You're already making me "hungry" for it!!!!

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2009, 03:47:47 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYvpPsSSVw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fYvpPsSSVw</a>

nowhereman71

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2009, 10:17:12 PM »

Hello JimmyMcCullochFan!!

Great post. 

Just as an interesting bit of trivia.  I once worked with a lady called Bella McCulloch who is married to Jack McCulloch, brother of Jimmy.

Thought you might liked to know! Or not!!

Take care.

Bobber

« Reply #217 on: August 18, 2009, 09:09:49 AM »

High quality samples here: http://www.cuales.fm/

tucka

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #218 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »

sounds amazing, god i'm so excited now

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #219 on: August 19, 2009, 01:33:29 AM »

I just thought about it, and on MMT below the picture it does not have the "Includes 24-page full color picture book" description. The package is supposed to have the book though. They are going with the later artwork that did not include the booklet.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Page created in 0.555 seconds with 86 queries.