Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Ringo Starr and the All-Starr Band 2010 tour  (Read 20441 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: Ringo Starr and the All-Starr Band 2010 tour
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »

You're so sweet. I think you're a really cool person as well! :)

I guess that's the thing about Paul...these days he enjoys being unpredictable about where/when he is touring. He announced his HB concerts on really short notice--and in reality, I'm sure it's a marketing ploy used to excite the public, but I just think he likes messing with people's minds too. But yeah, Economy, why do you have to be so messed up? :P

I'm so thrilled to be seeing Paul again; I'd sit in Row Z nosebleeds if I had to...but part of me is just sad about the boys' limited touring schedules cuz I know you're chomping at the bit to see Ringo and IW is dying to see Paul...which is why these guys need to tour all over the place, and a lot more often!

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »

What's with Paul, messing with everyone's minds?  ha2ha But yeah it's probably something cooked up by someone to get everyone all pumped up about him touring again!

Yeah I hope I_will gets to see Paulie it would make her so happy! And I think that they really should tour more often I mean Ringo didn't even tour last summer and now he is skipping over me. I think it's unfair to all of us! But you have to admit they are getting older.  ha2ha I guess we were just born in the wrong time period, they were touring a lot more in the good old days.

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2010, 08:47:05 AM »

Oh, the getting older part, that's what worries me about them. :( But the strain of touring doesn't seem to have affected Ringo and Paul too much; I'm sure it's more tiring for them these days (as opposed to when they were still young men), but they were both pretty upbeat and active when I last saw them. Maybe 65's like the new 50 or something.

Sometimes I'm convinced I was born in the wrong time period...it seems like pretty much all my main interests were around decades ago. At least we've got the Internet, though...yay, us. :P

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »

I don't like the getting older part either. One day they won't tour anymore and then I'll be really sad. They seem very upbeat and active for how old they both are. I was watching how quick they really do move around. I think they are both really young at heart, maybe that's what keeps you young!  :)

I really feel your pain on this one. I don't understand why I would have rather been born like 50 years ago instead of now. Well it could be that everything was WAY more interesting back then. I just feel so lost sometimes, most people don't really appreciate the good old days like me. And most people are shocked that I know about them.  :P  But I do have older parents so that could be one of the reasons why.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:34 AM »

Ugh, I don't want to think of the day when Ringo and Paul won't be touring anymore. So sad. :( Amazing, though, how sprightly they both are. I think poor Paul has some joint problems now (maybe like mild arthritis or something), but you'd never know it when you see him running around.

But thinking young helps to keep you young. My dad is younger than both Paul and Ringo but he likes to act "old" and fussy...moaning about things like the weather and such, oy vey, dad. But our surviving Beatles inspire me not to dread old age.

I'm glad there are younger people out there who appreciate old-timey sort of interests. It's hard to talk to people my age because I feel such a disconnect sometimes, and older people (like you say) are surprised when I know about these things. Like this guy I met who thought I had no clue who John Lennon was. :P

So did your parents teach you about older pop culture? That's very cool. My parents aren't into pop culture so I had to pick up on a lot of my interests from other sources.

Anyway, I GTG to bed, it's getting late for me. You take care, it's been great talking to you. :) Dream of Ringo!

RingoFan1964

• Getting Better
  • Have you ever wished upon a Starr?
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »

I wish they'd get things like this off the internet.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities-news-in-pics/31-07-2009/52039/
 ???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:36:50 PM by RingoFan1964 »
A Starr like no other.

^All my best boys are in this picture.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2010, 07:29:32 AM »

OMG!!! I'm so HAPPY I just checked his site and he's coming to OREGON!!! I guess all my wishing and praying paid off!!!! I'm so excited right now you have no idea!! Now I just have to figure out how to buy tickets and such when they're available!!  ;D ;D

IT'S GREAT!!!!! :D

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2010, 07:43:07 AM »

OMG!!! I'm so HAPPY I just checked his site and he's coming to OREGON!!! I guess all my wishing and praying paid off!!!! I'm so excited right now you have no idea!! Now I just have to figure out how to buy tickets and such when they're available!!  ;D ;D

I'm so happy for you Morgan! I literally squealed when I read this. Lucky girl!  ;D Now if only he could come to Kansas City...

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2010, 06:29:50 AM »

^you never know! He added OR when I thought he never would. I'm still shocked.  ha2ha

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2010, 06:43:12 AM »

What! Ringo's coming to Oregon?? Ahhhhhhh, I'm so happy for you! (And I don't even live in OR, LOL.) I know how badly you wanted this and Ringo pulled through for you, yay!!! Is the concert location close to where you live?

;D ;D ;D

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2010, 06:56:07 AM »

^haha! I know it's so exciting!! I can't wait!!!  ;D  It's not too far away, it's still a good 2 hour drive from where I live but going to the coast takes longer so it's not that bad. I don't really care, I'm just glad I don't have to convince my friend to go to WA when he's coming here now!!  ;) It's funny because where he's going to be is so close to where my friend is going to college the same town and everything! Pretty good coincidence since she probably knows her way around there.  :)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2010, 10:43:38 PM »

^ Well, that's just great. I hope you can get your tix with no issues! Then comes the waiting, that's tough!

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2010, 10:53:52 PM »

^yeah I have to figure out how to buy tickets since I've never done it before.  :P I know you would probably get them off ticket master. right? I seriously have no experience in ticket buying. I've only been to one concert and my friend won the tickets via radio!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »

^ Randy, I'm very nearly sure you will have to get Ringo's tix off Ticketmaster. That's what I had to do for his show in '08. It's not that hard to do, but just be certain you type in all your info (address, debit/credit card info, etc.) correctly.

As for obtaining the tix, TM will give you different options, such as mailing them to your house, printing them out directly, picking them up at a TM retailer, getting them at will call, etc. I've done all the options except for direct printing, and they worked without a hitch. :) Also, be aware that TM will charge you a little extra for fees and taxes...maybe like $15-20ish more or something.

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2010, 06:03:10 AM »

^Thanks Penny! I just saw this now, I'm not getting all the updates on the site recently.  :P

Also I've got another question. What if TM doesn't show your city? Does it sometimes take a while for it to show up? Like do some states wait till later for the tickets to go on sale? When the dates are closer?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »

Also I've got another question. What if TM doesn't show your city? Does it sometimes take a while for it to show up? Like do some states wait till later for the tickets to go on sale? When the dates are closer?

I'm not sure when TM starts posting certain venues, but seeing as how this is March and Ringo's playing in OR in August (a six-month gap), it may just be that they're waiting till the date gets closer. I would recommend checking again consistently, although you may not see anything until later in April or in May. :)

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »

^Thanks a bunch for answering all my questions Penny!  :)
It's nice to ask someone who has actually gone to concerts and bought tickets!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2010, 01:32:36 AM »

^^^ In all reality, I wouldn't buy tickets anywhere besides Ticketmaster for buying online. It's just so risky on the WWW these days, either buy them from Ticketmaster or the actual venues site. There might be SOME other resources, but I'd make sure they're safe. But with all of the things my 'rents go to and such, they ALWAYS buy off Ticketmaster.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2010, 02:43:50 AM »

I BOUGHT MY RINGO TICKETS, I BOUGHT MY RINGO TICKETS, I BOUGHT MY RINGO TICKETS, I BOUGHT MY RINGO TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHH I'M GOING TO SEE RINGO JULY 23RD!!!!!!!!!  LESS THAN 1 WEEK AFTER I SEE RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.97 seconds with 84 queries.