Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 644212 times)

KelMar

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9100 on: May 13, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »

The stopover in Houston sucked. The people working at that airport are some of the rudest, unfriendliest people I ever met.

Please don't judge us by what you saw at the airport Joost! I haven't flown in many years but from what I've heard about the experience lately it's probably not the best introduction to the US. I guess we should have warned you!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9101 on: May 13, 2014, 02:13:13 AM »

The stopover in Houston sucked. The people working at that airport are some of the rudest, unfriendliest people I ever met.

Well it's lonesome in this old town
Everybody puts me down
I'm a face without a name
Just a-walkin' in the rain

I warned ya about Houston.
I can stay till it's time to go

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9102 on: May 14, 2014, 05:24:32 AM »

What's wrong with Houston? I love her '80s stuff, especially How Will I Know. ;)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9103 on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:13 PM »

I wonder if the parent–teen daughter fights about the length of skirts, shorts, etc., ever, ever ends -- or changes. I was too sleepy to notice my elder daughter's shorts this morning, but I criticized them when I picked her and her sister up from school. They have, like, a 2-inch inseam; ugh! So, of course, she comes back with that standard teenage line (which I myself used when I was that age) "You should see what the kids at school wear!" And of course I come back with the standard parent line, "I don't CARE what the other kids are wearing!" and on and on 'til we get to "As long as you live under my roof...."

Does this ever change? I'm thinking it doesn't.  ha2ha 

I miss the toddler days when I got to pick the outfits.

I tried to snap of picture of her to text to my friends to get some backup, but she was having none of that, LOL.

nimrod

« Reply #9104 on: May 16, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »

I wonder if the parent–teen daughter fights about the length of skirts, shorts, etc., ever, ever ends -- or changes. I was too sleepy to notice my elder daughter's shorts this morning, but I criticized them when I picked her and her sister up from school. They have, like, a 2-inch inseam; ugh! So, of course, she comes back with that standard teenage line (which I myself used when I was that age) "You should see what the kids at school wear!" And of course I come back with the standard parent line, "I don't CARE what the other kids are wearing!" and on and on 'til we get to "As long as you live under my roof...."

I tried to snap of picture of her to text to my friends to get some backup, but she was having none of that, LOL.

I know what you mean Kathy, I dont think it will EVER change.
Im always going on at my boys for wasting money, they both like to be fashionable, they both still live at home, they both went into debt for cars against my wishes, they will pay $50 for a haircut in the city etc etc...........$200 for a pair of bloody jeans  ???

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #9105 on: May 17, 2014, 03:36:34 AM »

Yes hello people. After another vacation from the boards I have returned to get the place rocking again, I'm using one of my old profiles too.

Hope you's are all doing well...
Keeping you on your toes...

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #9106 on: May 17, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »

And really I'm merely a shadow of the boy you once knew...
Keeping you on your toes...

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9107 on: May 17, 2014, 05:46:49 PM »

I know what you mean Kathy, I dont think it will EVER change.
Im always going on at my boys for wasting money, they both like to be fashionable, they both still live at home, they both went into debt for cars against my wishes, they will pay $50 for a haircut in the city etc etc...........$200 for a pair of bloody jeans  ???

So it's not going to end any time soon. :)  I agree about the jeans prices -- ridiculous!

KelMar

« Reply #9108 on: May 17, 2014, 06:21:24 PM »

I wonder if the parent–teen daughter fights about the length of skirts, shorts, etc., ever, ever ends -- or changes.

Believe it or not this is one battle I never had with my daughter, who's now 24. In fact, she used to complain that all she could find at the store were "butt shorts". LOL She's a cute dresser but I guess she's kind of modest. But lest you think she was an easy child, well, we more than made up for it with other battles! From the time she was little she has always had a lot of BIG ideas, most of which involved a lot of money and traveling. She wore me out, especially when I had to make her understand that some things just could not happen. But I am very proud of the things she's accomplished, most recently earning her Master's degree. It's amazing what being a student for so long has taught her about money. And she learned it all without a course in economics!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9109 on: May 18, 2014, 12:27:48 AM »

Yea money and me are not on the same page.... I'm usually good with saving and will never pay a lot on clothes but when I really really really want something I say "screw the price, you only live once!" ......

But I always say, if you have money to spend....spend it! You either save or spend not much else you can do with money (apart from investing I guess)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9110 on: May 18, 2014, 05:33:46 AM »

You shoulda tried this line:  "Are you wearin' pants under that belt?"

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9111 on: May 18, 2014, 02:53:12 PM »

Believe it or not this is one battle I never had with my daughter, who's now 24. In fact, she used to complain that all she could find at the store were "butt shorts". ... But I am very proud of the things she's accomplished, most recently earning her Master's degree. It's amazing what being a student for so long has taught her about money. And she learned it all without a course in economics!

If it's not one thing, it's another, I guess! That's great that she got her Master's. Being a student for awhile myself taught me a lot about money. It was quite a rude awakening. To this day I cringe when I walk by a display of ramen noodles.

You shoulda tried this line:  "Are you wearin' pants under that belt?"

Good one! I did mutter sarcastically, "At least they're not riding up your butt crack."  ;)   

We agreed that this particular pair is right on the border of what I deem appropriate and nothing shorter will be worn.

KelMar

« Reply #9112 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44:04 AM »

If it's not one thing, it's another, I guess! That's great that she got her Master's. Being a student for awhile myself taught me a lot about money. It was quite a rude awakening. To this day I cringe when I walk by a display of ramen noodles.

I'm proud of my girl, that's for sure. Now comes the job hunt. There's no telling where she'll end up since there's not much research happening in these parts. As for ramen noodles they make me cringe too when I see them. Our resident "problem patron" eats them in the library...raw, powder and all.  roll:)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:09:39 AM by In My Life »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9113 on: May 20, 2014, 03:05:33 AM »

Ramen noodles look like fish bait...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9114 on: May 20, 2014, 03:24:02 AM »

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9115 on: May 20, 2014, 05:35:05 AM »

Eeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9116 on: May 20, 2014, 10:44:33 AM »

10 days vacation! ;D
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9117 on: May 20, 2014, 01:43:53 PM »

What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9118 on: May 20, 2014, 02:40:52 PM »

Eeeeeeeeeew!!!!!!!!

I heartily second that!  :-X

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9119 on: May 20, 2014, 02:44:49 PM »

10 days vacation! ;D

Woo-hoo! Enjoy  :)

I'm proud of my girl, that's for sure. Now comes the job hunt. There's no telling where she'll end up since there's not much research happening in these parts.

I wish her luck. I still haven't found a publisher in North Dakota.

As for ramen noodles they make me cringe too when I see them. Our resident "problem patron" eats them in the library...raw, powder and all.  roll:)

Ugh; that sounds distinctly unpalatable.  :P

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 527

Page created in 0.865 seconds with 85 queries.