Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Liverpool 2004  (Read 875 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Liverpool 2004
« on: August 27, 2004, 07:56:14 PM »

Hiya, guess where I'm writing this from.... well duh... Liverpool!!!!

It's the annual Beatle Convention, and already it's better than any other year!!!

Last night I was privelaged to experience Pete Best at the Cavern! Oh my God, I can die happy now! Pete was awesome, the whole band put on a brilliant show! At one point I gave the lead singer my camera and he took a photo of the crowd - including me hopefully! In fact I took a whole roll of film that night just for PC!

Before Pete came on-stage there was another tribute band, and they were struggling with the words to Lucy in the Sky, and ended up looking at me for the correct lyrics! That is really funny because my memory is sh*t with lyrics! LOL! ;D

I of course sang along at the top of my voice and so could hardly speak this morning - I was singing so loud!

Guess what... I am totally drunk now! I have spent the whole afternoon in The Grapes in Mathew Street where The Beatles used to drink (in the same seat actually!). We went there for a quiet drink at 2:00 this afternoon and have only just left! An impromptu 'un-plugged' set started and we ended up spending the rest of the day there! We met Jan Owen, a guy from New York (I think!), and he played every single song we threw at him! At one point we were joined by another guy and we did Nowhere Man complete with 3-part harmonies! As I said, this was all going on in the actual seat where John, Paul, George and Pete sat! My God it was such an awesome day... and it's only 8:50! We have a whole night Beatle bands ahead of us... I'll tell you all about it tomorrow... hopefully!

More tomorrow - hopefully!

AL in Liverpool!!!!!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Liverpool 2004
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 11:17:13 PM »

Again, i'm jealous! We want lots of pics and glad to hear about the good time your having Al.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 11:21:19 PM »

That's so cool! Glad you're having fun  :)

HFleen

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 11:52:15 PM »

geez....you know I always felt Pete was robbed...sounds like he's good too!

;-(

Herb
============================
www.thebeatlesforum.com
"Love, love me do..."

strutter84

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 06:48:45 AM »

Lucky bastard!  It's times like this I wish I weren't a Yank.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 07:05:18 AM »

Wow.  Good on yer, Alan!  What a delightful day, and a great way to spend it.  I'm jealous and proud and, oh hell, if you were here I'd hug you!

;-D

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 11:00:10 PM »

Thanks everyone! I've only just read your comments - wow there's been a lot of posting here these past few days, I'm struggling to catch up! :)

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 51 queries.