A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 01:10:26 AM 
Started by Badgirl66 - Last post by nimrod
Good Doco about Jack

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3KBEq95N5U" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3KBEq95N5U</a>

on: Today at 01:08:42 AM 
Started by Hombre_de_ningun_lugar - Last post by nimrod
Solo.... Neil Young
Duo....... Steely Dan
Trio.... Cream tied with Jimi Hendrix Experience
Quartet.... Beatles (Weather Report a close 2nd)
Quintet..... Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac tied with YES and Moody Blues
Sextet......John Mayalls Bluesbreakers (Bare Wires era) 

on: Today at 12:49:25 AM 
Started by Joost - Last post by nimrod
Enemy

The weirdest ending Ive ever seen

good film

on: Yesterday at 11:41:12 PM 
Started by In Blue Hawaii - Last post by nimrod
Was Revolver well received at the time? I know Sgt. Pepper got much more critical praise when it came out. I think Revolver was somewhat dismissed initially,but got better and better reviews as time went on. It's aged much better than Pepper as far as reviews go.

Speaking as someone who was around at the time (albeit a kid) I dont remember any Beatle album being dismissed, quite the opposite in fact, in England it seemed like the whole populace (under 30) was baying for the next LP, and I remember Revolver as being hailed as another masterpiece.

As for Rays review, theres no harm in giving your honest opinions. In context of the times, there was rivalry, I think John had dismissed the Kinks as garbage if memory serves me well and I think Ray felt badly done to by Pye and The Kinks management, he was writing songs easily as good as Lennon & McCartney but his band were not as universally acknowledged.
And when everyone first heard Tomorrow Never Knows in 1966 it did sound like rubbish, pure rubbish with no melody, just a boring repetitive drum beat, hence his disco remark and the possibility that G Martin had had nothing to do with it due to its lack of quality.

on: Yesterday at 11:07:53 PM 
Started by Starr - Last post by nimrod
I just had some leftover white meat turkey, Kelley.  Delicious!

It's good to hear that you'll have a new oven for Christmas. 

An oven isnt just for Christmas Baz...

It is good Kell, we can all come round, how cool would that be ?   ;D

on: Yesterday at 09:49:09 PM 
Started by Hello Goodbye - Last post by Hello Goodbye

David Cassidy's mom, actress Evelyn Ward, also suffered from dementia and passed away in 2012. 

In 2011, David Cassidy recorded this public service announcement for the Alzheimer's Research and Prevention Foundation...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2nuzlhZfjw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2nuzlhZfjw</a>

on: Yesterday at 09:07:54 PM 
Started by Starr - Last post by Hello Goodbye
I just had some leftover white meat turkey, Kelley.  Delicious!

It's good to hear that you'll have a new oven for Christmas.  This way you won't have to go back to the restaurant you went to last night which might be running their air conditioner which will not amuse your sinuses and possibly affect your eustachian tubes and cause you to stifle your FMEHs.   :)

on: Yesterday at 08:37:55 PM 
Started by Starr - Last post by In My Life
As always, I'll be eating turkey leftovers all weekend.

I miss having leftovers this year! All I had to bring home was some dark meat for the dogs. They are probably wondering where the giblets are. They usually feast on those for several days. But I’ll do a turkey for Christmas dinner, in my new oven.

on: Yesterday at 12:35:02 PM 
Started by Hello Goodbye - Last post by Mr Mustard
I was saddened to learn of his passing. He was my wife's all time number one pin up when she was a teenager and a little part of her formative years has gone forever - she's quite upset. Back in early 70s UK the big rivals for teenybopper girls' affections were David Cassidy or Donny Osmond. You could like both, but usually had a stronger allegience towards one over the other. In my wife's case, it was Cassidy whose poster adorned her bedroom wall. We lads hadn't much time for either, although I reserved a particular loathing for Donny Osmond and would always leave the room when he came on TV. Cassidy was more tolerable, but back then we were either team Slade or team Sweet. You could like both (as I did) but again, that curious tribalism always prevailed, and it was Slade all the way for me.

I remember reading many years later that Cassidy felt very indebted to a certain older pop star who had rather taken him under his wing behind the scenes and helped him with advice on how to cope with the crazy adulation; he'd been through it on a grand scale himself. That star was none other than John Lennon, whom David recalled as being very wise, supportive and kind. John had class which sometimes slipped under the radar.

on: November 23, 2017, 04:48:28 PM 
Started by johnbeckley - Last post by NotTheWalrus
Sorry to reply so late, but I really like your painting.  icon_good

Thank you very much for your messages, it is very motivating.
I start thinking about the next :)

George?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.758 seconds with 15 queries.