Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New album  (Read 6932 times)

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
New album
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »

Any news on the new album? I haven't heard anything since this: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7393384/ringo-starr-2017-album-all-starr-band-tour

Since the tour has finished (?) he should have had time to finish the songs he was going to finish on the tour.

Progress?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: New album
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:43:48 AM »

Wasn't aware he was coming out with another.  I'm excited.  I always like me a new Ringo album.

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »

There are still twitter posts indicating that the album is still in the recording phase. Patience is needed.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:16:58 AM »

McCartney and Starr reunite for new Ringo recordings

Ringo Starr has announced a new collaboration with Paul McCartney.

It marks the first time the two former Beatles have reunited in the studio since McCartney appeared on Starr's 2010 album Y Not. McCartney played bass guitar on the song Peace Dream, and sang on Walk With You.

The new collaboration is believed to be for Starr's forthcoming album, the follow-up to 2015's Postcards From Paradise.

Starr tweeted images of him, McCartney and Joe Walsh in the drummer's studio, thanking them for taking part in the recordings.

The new Ringo Starr album is being produced by Bruce Sugar, who posted an image of himself with Starr and McCartney on Facebook.

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

More details here: http://variety.com/2017/music/news/ringo-starr-new-album-birthday-peace-love-capitol-records-tower-1202489752/

So, we have a new Ringo album coming, a new Paul album coming, a Dhani Harrison album coming. What else?

EDIT: Short interview here:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtI6pQXCbkY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtI6pQXCbkY</a>

It says that Paul appears on two tracks!

EDIT: Lead track Give More Love is on Spotify. It's a fairly normal recent Ringo track. Very early Beatlely guitars.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:14:28 AM by NotTheWalrus »

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:36:47 PM »

New song from Ringo's new album. This features Paul doing an, in my opinion, Wingstatstic bass line. It also features Steve Lukather, Edgar Winter, and Joe Walsh.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-ringo-starrs-new-song-with-paul-mccartney-joe-walsh-w494309

This is, again IMHO, one of Ringo's best ever rock tracks, currently matching my previous favourite 'Fill in the Cracks'.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:38:33 PM by NotTheWalrus »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 07:42:50 PM »

I like it.  Its no 'Instant Amnesia' in the rock department, but its good.

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 07:48:13 AM »

Ringo's 19th studio album is out now!

The album includes a long-awaited new collaboration from Ringo and Paul McCartney and also features Peter Frampton, Benmont Tench, Joe Walsh, Edgar Winter and others.

In addition to new songs, "Give More Love" also includes bonus track new renditions of "Back Off Boogaloo," "Don't Pass Me By," "Photograph" and "You Can't Fight Lightning."

The album is avaliable on both CD and vinyl.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 11:27:39 PM »

Love Ringo and have thoroughly enjoyed his last several studio albums..... but this one, pleasant as it is, feels a bit "samey" to me. The title track is more than a little reminiscent of "Never Without You" and the whole feel of the album has that "Y Not"/"Ringo 2012"/"Choose Love" smack about it. A winning formula to my ears, but Ringo sounds like he's become rather stuck in a groove and this growing habit of padding out the tracklist with back catalogue re-treads is wearing pretty thin now. Some catchy rockers though, as always; and aren't we all delighted the little bugger is still enjoying himself and looking so good at 77?

KelMar

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »

I listened to it the other night and rather enjoyed it. He really is an amazing guy, especially considering the health issues he had to deal with as a kid. I'm so glad I got to see him.

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »

Love Ringo and have thoroughly enjoyed his last several studio albums..... but this one, pleasant as it is, feels a bit "samey" to me. The title track is more than a little reminiscent of "Never Without You" and the whole feel of the album has that "Y Not"/"Ringo 2012"/"Choose Love" smack about it. A winning formula to my ears, but Ringo sounds like he's become rather stuck in a groove and this growing habit of padding out the tracklist with back catalogue re-treads is wearing pretty thin now. Some catchy rockers though, as always; and aren't we all delighted the little bugger is still enjoying himself and looking so good at 77?

I haven't listened to it yet. But persuaded by tkitna I have listened to Ringo's albums of the last years and I did enjoy them enough. So I will most probably pick this one up as well. And yes, delighted that Ringo is still around and making music that is worth listening to.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »

I've listened to it twice and have to say it's one of Ringo's best albums in recent years.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 08:46:05 PM »

Still need to pick this up.  I'm falling behind.

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 06:32:22 AM »

I got distracted and only picked it up now.

It's a Ringo album, and those who know his 2010s albums will find much that is familiar. So far my favourite album is the very catchy 'Laughable' co-written with Peter Frampton.

Paul guests on two tracks, playing bass on the first track 'We're On The Road Again', and the ballad 'Show Me The Way' (not the Frampton song.)

Quite a rock'n'roll/rockabilly feel on this one. E.g. the song 'Speed of Sound'.

I'm a touch worried that he may have borrowed just a bit too much from Bob Marley for 'One Love', but perhaps like his previous quoting of Macca lyrics, he has permission.

It's amazing that he's still producing new music at 77!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:43:09 AM by NotTheWalrus »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »

Its becoming a bit stagnant with me.  Ringo misses Mark Hudson and the Roundheads badly, or should I say that I do?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 03:39:59 AM »

I've been listening to 'Give More Love' a good bit, and its just not sticking for some reason.  Nobody loves Rangworm more than I do, but I'm struggling here.  The terrible thing is I think it could be me.  New Ringo albums were such a joy in the past because I knew I was going to love them and sing along to them for years, but not right now.  The 3 or 4 remake/covers at the end weren't needed and bore me.  Would much rather have had a couple more originals to digest.  The twangy, country guitar that grace so many of the tracks bother me.  The same old nostalgia, Beatles, youth inspired lyrics are there of course and I could do without.  All those things said, here's my biggest issue and I'm ashamed to say it,,,,his drumming.  He's been doing the same fills and so forth for the last few records and it sounds stale to me.  Never thought I would go there, but there's nothing new to grasp.  Anyways, there's a few good songs that I really like (We're On The Road Again, Shake It Up, and Speed Of Sound being my Favorite), but not the majority.

I guess I'm just more bummed at myself than the actual album.  Who am I to criticize a 77 year old person who can create music I could never dream of, but I cant help myself.  Love ya all the same Ricthie and keep doing what you do.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 11:48:18 PM »

The video for On the Road Again is fun to watch and full of Beatle nostalgia.  You can hear Paul singing/screaming toward the end of the song.  Sounds like he really got into it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsIzdd9S9YQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsIzdd9S9YQ</a>
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

NotTheWalrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2019, 07:44:58 AM »

And, this thread is now about 'the old album' :)

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 77 queries.