Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 339659 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #2120 on: June 24, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »

Our rainy spring has given way to a great start to summer here! It didn't rain all week and none in sight. We're  in store for 7+ days of sunshine and temps around 80!

Had a black bear looking at me (and me him) in the back yard this am!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2121 on: June 24, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »

Our rainy spring has given way to a great start to summer here! It didn't rain all week and none in sight. We're  in store for 7+ days of sunshine and temps around 80!

It rained here this morning. I had 80 1st graders coming, on foot, to tour the library and I wondered if they would make it. Once you prepare for something like that you want to see it happen and it did. They were able to take a bus.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2122 on: June 24, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »

It rained here this morning. I had 80 1st graders coming, on foot, to tour the library and I wondered if they would make it. Once you prepare for something like that you want to see it happen and it did. They were able to take a bus.

Library Song
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2123 on: June 24, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »

Eighty first-graders!!!  I think I'd almost rather deal with that homeless guy. You can't use Pledge on first-graders.  ha2ha

Actually, that's such a cute age (but 80 all at once....not sure I could handle that).

How'd it go, Kelley?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:16:51 PM by Normandie »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2124 on: June 24, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »

Eighty first-graders!!!  I think I'd almost rather deal with that homeless guy. You can't use Pledge on first-graders.  ha2ha

Actually, that's such a cute age (but 80 all at once....not sure I could handle that).

How'd it go, Kelley?
If you use Raid on 1st grader's it's OK!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2125 on: June 25, 2014, 03:28:56 AM »

Trust me, you'd be better off with twice as many kids and a flying squirrel. But he isn't an issue anymore. I made it so that when he tried to get rid of his browsing history the delete button was greyed out. (Yes, he was doing THAT.) He never said anything but a few days later he flew into a rage over something else and, after an unfortunate scene, was told not to return. He said he was going to "report" me for violating his rights and I think my willingness to assist him by calling the cops made an impression. I just hope the whole town didn't hear what he yelled at me and our 80 year old desk clerk when he was leaving. LOL

How'd it go, Kelley?

It was a lot of fun. I only had 20 at a time and they all were very well behaved, even without Pledge or Raid.  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2126 on: June 25, 2014, 02:48:06 PM »

But he isn't an issue anymore. I made it so that when he tried to get rid of his browsing history the delete button was greyed out. (Yes, he was doing THAT.) He never said anything but a few days later he flew into a rage over something else and, after an unfortunate scene, was told not to return. He said he was going to "report" me for violating his rights and I think my willingness to assist him by calling the cops made an impression. I just hope the whole town didn't hear what he yelled at me and our 80 year old desk clerk when he was leaving. LOL

Sounds like an unpleasant scene, but I'm happy to hear you're rid of him. That must be a relief.

It was a lot of fun. I only had 20 at a time and they all were very well behaved, even without Pledge or Raid.  ;)

Twenty at a time sounds a bit more manageable. I do love that age; they are so cute and sweet and loving. (Well, most of 'em, anyway.) Sometimes I wish I could zap my daughters back to that age. My eldest just bought two t-shirts: One says "Whatever" and the other reads "#sorrynotsorry." Ugh. She used her own money, but I told her she can't wear them to school.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2127 on: June 25, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »

Library Song

I love it!  ha2ha  Your timing is perfect; tomorrow the kids and I have a 7-hour drive to the airport. I'll have just enough time to practice so I can sing it for them.

KelMar

« Reply #2128 on: June 25, 2014, 04:41:08 PM »

tomorrow the kids and I have a 7-hour drive to the airport.

Have a safe trip. I hope it turns out better than you expect that it might.

KelMar

« Reply #2129 on: June 25, 2014, 06:50:44 PM »

Rain, rain, and more rain. At least our garden is getting a good drink. I feel sorry for our neighbors though. Theirs is flooded. Gardening isn't easy around here!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2130 on: June 25, 2014, 07:57:07 PM »

Have a safe trip. I hope it turns out better than you expect that it might.

Thanks, Kelley. I'm trying to not be pessimistic. I figure, at the very least, I get a week where I won't have to make dinner, do dishes, etc. I have 10 (yup, 1-0) books I'm packing, and I splurged on a behind-the-scenes tour of the ship for me and my son. (The girls weren't interested.) It's not a classic ocean liner, but it's the next best thing.  :)

(I also have bottles of sunblock and Solarcaine, and hats for everyone. After these mild North Dakota summers, the kids aren't going to know what hit them! I probably won't, either.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:59:31 PM by Normandie »

KelMar

« Reply #2131 on: June 25, 2014, 11:09:47 PM »

Thanks, Kelley. I'm trying to not be pessimistic. I figure, at the very least, I get a week where I won't have to make dinner, do dishes, etc.

There you go Kathy! I'm to that point now too where I take my breaks where I can get them!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2132 on: June 26, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »

Thanks, Kelley. I'm trying to not be pessimistic. I figure, at the very least, I get a week where I won't have to make dinner, do dishes, etc. I have 10 (yup, 1-0) books I'm packing, and I splurged on a behind-the-scenes tour of the ship for me and my son. (The girls weren't interested.) It's not a classic ocean liner, but it's the next best thing.  :)

(I also have bottles of sunblock and Solarcaine, and hats for everyone. After these mild North Dakota summers, the kids aren't going to know what hit them! I probably won't, either.)
Where is your cruise destination?
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2133 on: June 26, 2014, 02:54:35 AM »

Sea Cruise

Frankie Ford - Sea Cruise

Frankie Ford   1959

Bon Voyage Kathleen!!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2134 on: June 26, 2014, 02:57:34 AM »

Getting very very chilly!!!!!

I would expect that.  It's early winter for you down there, KE.

And you're upside down!    ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2135 on: June 26, 2014, 11:11:22 AM »

Where is your cruise destination?

We're going to the eastern Caribbean.  :)

Sea Cruise

Bon Voyage Kathleen!!

Thanks! I've been playing that song a lot lately! It's always been one of my favorites. 

See you all in a couple of weeks.......if I'm not hospitalized with depression by then.  ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2136 on: June 26, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »

You'll have a great time! The only advice I have is to keep your eye on the all night buffets! You'll be exercising all winter to get back your girlish figure! ha2ha
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2137 on: July 02, 2014, 05:14:42 AM »

Hurricane Arthur is forming off the east coast of Florida.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2138 on: July 02, 2014, 12:24:52 PM »

I think it's going to be here right on the 4th!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2139 on: July 02, 2014, 10:03:59 PM »

We got our first line of big summer thunder storms today and WOW did it rain!!! It still is too!
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 204

Page created in 0.752 seconds with 76 queries.