Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let It BE NAKED!  (Read 11780 times)

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
Let It BE NAKED!
« on: March 02, 2004, 07:59:57 PM »

As you probley know The BEALES Let It Be NAKED! album just came out. I reallty want to get it but I'm not going to spend $20 for it. So I have Two Questions. One, what is really different about it. I know that its suppose to be the way the BEATLES wanted it to be realesd. But, how is it different from the original (withch I already have on CD and MP3 8) ). Two, were can I get it for cheep without piruting it.
Adam Priestle

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Let It BE NAKED!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 09:27:17 PM »

Naked is the last album any Beatle fan should buy.Have you got all the others including the Anthologies and Past Masters?
If so, you can still wait a while.The album hasn't sold that well and will probably be cheaper in the future, maybe to tie in witn a DVD release.

John@work

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 09:45:10 PM »

John's naked version of "Don't let me down," is reason enough to purchase it.
A working class hero is something to be...

John Lennon

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 09:58:51 PM »

Across the Universe sounds AWESOME on the LIBN album!

I think it's well worth buying, and certainly better than the alum Phil Spector produced! :)

Opinion is certainly divided though!

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 12:49:38 AM »

where do you live?? LIBN  is only $12 or $13  here in Florida, usa

---powered by Moondogs®---

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 08:10:26 PM »

[quote by=zipp link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1078257597,s=1 date=1078262837]Naked is the last album any Beatle fan should buy.Have you got all the others including the Anthologies and Past Masters?
[/quote]

I have Past Masters but not the Anthologies. I also have all the origional albums from Please Please Me to Let It Be. Is there anything different in the Anthologies. 8)

And I live in Texas. I've looked here for it a month ago and I couldn't find it. Then I looked on the web. Thats were Ifound it for $15 plus S&H (witch came out to about $20). Maybe I'll look again at a Best Buy or something.
Adam Priestle

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 11:39:38 PM »

The Anthologies contain alternative versions to Beatles songs and some unreleased tracks - if you are seriously into or getting into The Beatles, then these are a MUST HAVE. But to any casual fan, these possibly wouldn't be of much interest.

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 06:20:18 PM »

How many of the anthologies are there. I think there are 10 but I'm not sure. I also heard that there coming out on DVD and I've been looking for those.
Adam Priestle

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 09:14:51 PM »

I think it's ridiculous calling Let It Be....Naked a new Beatles album when it isn't since it was only released to satisfy Paul's ego after the original album over 30 years ago.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 09:39:14 PM »

[quote by=patton link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1078257597,s=5 date=1078344626]

I have Past Masters but not the Anthologies. I also have all the origional albums from Please Please Me to Let It Be. Is there anything different in the Anthologies.[/quote]

So you're not a casual fan!
You MUST get the three double Anthology CDs before Naked.There are some songs you can't get elsewhere, some great alternate versions of well-known songs and nice versions of Across the Universe, Let it Be and The Long and Winding Road.After that Naked will seem superfluous. 8)

Fool_on_the_Hill

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 10:49:04 PM »

bassically amlmost every song on this album sounds a bit differently... the long and winding road sounds great and so does across the universe. You might also want to take into consideration that a lot of fans/people said that this album sucked big time.
To me that's not the case!

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 03:50:38 AM »

[quote by=patton link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1078257597,s=7 date=1078424418]How many of the anthologies are there. I think there are 10 but I'm not sure. I also heard that there coming out on DVD and I've been looking for those.[/quote]

there are 3 anthology cds and the dvd video contains 5 dvds and the vhs version of the anothology has 8 tapes.
I have them all  :P