Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Song Survivor Game: Please Please Me - Results  (Read 3270 times)

BlueMeanie

Song Survivor Game: Please Please Me - Results
« on: August 05, 2007, 11:14:08 AM »

A decent sized vote for the first installment of the Song Survivor Game - 23 of you voted -  with fairly predictable results.

1. I Saw Her Standing There  39pts.
2. Please Please Me  33pts.
3. Twist And Shout  28pts.

The rest of the votes were:

4. There's A Place  7pts
5. Anna (Go To Him)  6pts
=5. Love Me Do  6pts
7. Baby It's You  5pts           
=7. Do You Want To Know A Secret  5pts
9. Ask Me Why  3pts     

The worst song was Anna (Go To Him), with 8 votes. This will go through to the Wooden Spoon contest.

Useless fact: P.S. I Love You was the only song not to recieve a single vote in either category.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Song Survivor Game: Please Please Me - Results
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »

So Anna still gets a wooden spoon despite coming 5th?

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 02:39:05 PM »

What happened with a Taste of honey, I've seen some people voted it as the worst of the album.
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

Whoa, I can see the controversy brewing-- 6 votes for Anna and 8 against. Should this earn Anna a net of 2 against?

Good luck with your task, BlueMeanie. This is fun.

By the way, shouldn't you be blue? Whoever heard of a GreenMeanie? :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »

I'm not sure about the point system - A Taste Of Honey didn't receive a single positive vote but gained 7 negative votes, whereas Anna reveived 6 points but 8 negative votes. It seems obvious to me which is the least popular on the album! ;)

(Sorry - Anna is one of my all-time favourite songs and it bites to see it getting a wooden spoon!  :-/ )

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

Quote from: 360
I'm not sure about the point system - A Taste Of Honey didn't receive a single positive vote but gained 7 negative votes, whereas Anna reveived 6 points but 8 negative votes. It seems obvious to me which is the least popular on the album! ;)

(Sorry - Anna is one of my all-time favourite songs and it bites to see it getting a wooden spoon!  :-/ )

OK. There are basically two separate votes going on here. The three best, and the single worst. Anna recieved 8 points in the best category: 3pts from you (1st place), and 3pts from Michelle Revolution (1st place). That's only 2 voters who had it in their top 3. 8 voters thought it was the worst song.

A Taste Of Honey recieved no votes in the best of category, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't have come fourth or fifth in some voters selections. It just didn't come in their top three. Basically, the three that came top: I Saw Her Standing There, Please Please Me, and Twist And Shout, milked it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 11:59:45 AM »

There was a situation on BeatleBaords where Within You, Without You was voted joint worst on Sgt. Pepper, but also came third in the best of!!

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:11:30 PM »

Fair enough - I am still slightly miffed though!! LOL ;D

I mean, come on - A Taste Of Honey is crap! And John's amazing vocal on Anna does a great big wee on A Taste of Honey! LOL  :P

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »

I just realised, I should have got my brother to vote - he hates ATOH too - and that probably would have swayed it!  :-/

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 12:43:54 PM »

Quote from: 483
There was a situation on BeatleBaords where Within You, Without You was voted joint worst on Sgt. Pepper, but also came third in the best of!!

I'm not surprised at this. I think lots of Beatles songs are highly polarized; some people hate particular ones, while others love them!

I'm sorry, The End. I will take A Taste Of Honey over Anna any day. It's cruel and unfair, but that's life! *pets The End, hides the wooden spoon*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 11:09:13 PM »

Quote from: 360
Fair enough - I am still slightly miffed though!! LOL ;D

I mean, come on - A Taste Of Honey is crap! And John's amazing vocal on Anna does a great big wee on A Taste of Honey! LOL  :P

That's the way the vote went Al! I don't see a better way to do it unless you vote on each song, which is unpractical. And I'm certainly not going to count the votes. I have enough trouble getting people to vote in this game as it is!

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 58 queries.