A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:09:29 PM 
Started by Mrs JWL - Last post by ibanez_ax
<a href="http://youtu.be/hR5P8noSdWk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/hR5P8noSdWk</a>

on: Today at 05:09:42 AM 
Started by nimrod - Last post by Hello Goodbye
Hard to pick one. Maybe We Can Work it Out. It showcases both Paul and John and harmonies. Has that light and dark aspect.

Well put, Moog.

We Can Work It Out is also back...and in FULL HD. 

Hey Jude is in color.  We Can Work It Out is in black and white...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyclqo_AV2M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyclqo_AV2M</a>

icon_good

on: Today at 01:00:30 AM 
Started by nimrod - Last post by In My Life
What Beatles song would you recommend to someone that never been exposed to them?

For me, this is almost impossible to answer, due to the way they evolved as a band. If I were simply trying to convince someone to become a fan, I would look at the kind of music they normally liked, then match up that up to one of the band’s phases. Then I would pick a song!

on: Today at 12:35:01 AM 
Started by nimrod - Last post by Moogmodule
I think Ticket to Ride is a good choice. Uptempo but with lots of interesting bits in it.

Hard to pick one. Maybe We Can Work it Out. It showcases both Paul and John and harmonies. Has that light and dark aspect.

Other ones I might try could be Help or All My Loving.

on: Today at 12:02:47 AM 
Started by nimrod - Last post by nimrod
rereading all the posts in this topic has me wondering what everybody would say along the lines of the great quote above?  What Beatles song would you recommend to someone that never been exposed to them?

I know it is off topic, maybe discussed before, but a brilliant topic on its own.

As I began to think about my answer, I ran through a listing of songs, dismissing some for being too "one person", dismissing some epic and favorites, and arrived at something pre-Pepper, something that wasn't too early and cute (not saying I don't love the early stuff as much), something that bridged early and late ...came up with a forgotten (sometimes by me) favorite that I think represents a lot of greatness about the Beatles, Ticket to Ride.

I'd go for the song that really changed music in a big way.

A really vibrant song that had Lennon & Macca belting out their lines and Ringo hammering the drums, my pick would be 'She Loves You' 
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeahhhhh..

on: Yesterday at 10:57:59 PM 
Started by Wayne L. - Last post by In My Life
Low 40s and no snow out here. Not very Christmas-y.  roll:)

I hope that changes soon, Kathy, but not too much! Is your daughter home?

on: Yesterday at 10:40:36 PM 
Started by Wayne L. - Last post by Normandie

Low 40s and no snow out here. Not very Christmas-y.  roll:)

on: Yesterday at 08:26:01 PM 
Started by Mrs JWL - Last post by In My Life
Now THAT'S a train set!

It sure is! Dick van Dyke’s character in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang had a train that was part of the dinner-serving process. I saw last night right after Barry posted this. LOL

on: Yesterday at 02:33:40 PM 
Started by Mrs JWL - Last post by ibanez_ax
When I was a kid, we had Hamburger Express a couple of blocks away.  This is how they served our orders...

That place was always packed with kids.

Now THAT'S a train set!

on: Yesterday at 01:40:46 PM 
Started by nimrod - Last post by blmeanie
If I were to choose a Beatles song to suggest to someone who's never heard anything by them or that would sum up what they were all about, I'd pick 'Hey Jude' without a doubt.

rereading all the posts in this topic has me wondering what everybody would say along the lines of the great quote above?  What Beatles song would you recommend to someone that never been exposed to them?

I know it is off topic, maybe discussed before, but a brilliant topic on its own.

As I began to think about my answer, I ran through a listing of songs, dismissing some for being too "one person", dismissing some epic and favorites, and arrived at something pre-Pepper, something that wasn't too early and cute (not saying I don't love the early stuff as much), something that bridged early and late ...came up with a forgotten (sometimes by me) favorite that I think represents a lot of greatness about the Beatles, Ticket to Ride.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.771 seconds with 15 queries.