Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Remasters!  (Read 64605 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: Remasters!
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »

Yay! Can't wait  :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2009, 01:47:12 AM »

Just got the word today in an email from beatles.com.  Awesome news.  I just wonder what the "spirit" of Neil Aspinall is thinking about all of this.
Anyway....................I will be taking a "borrow" from one of my cd's at the bank to pay for this.
............................I WANT IT ALL............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2009, 01:48:06 AM »

.................................AND I WANT IT 09-09-09................................................

Bobber

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2009, 07:32:20 AM »

I wonder if the first four albums are in real stereo?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »

Quote from: 1341
how much will the full whack box set cost in these credit crunch-y times? 200 quid 300 quid ? 14 CDs and a DVD.. hm.

Here's an example remastered CD from Amazon UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatles/dp/B0025KVLRY/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1239179298&sr=1-8

It's 11.69 GBP (about $17.22 USD), so I guess you can start doing the math from there.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »

Quote from: 1817
How about this news, right? I haven't been here in a while but I knew you guys would be as excited as I am!

This is going to be an expensive September for me-- I already knew I had to buy the Rock Band game, and an X-box to play it on. And now I have to buy at least one, and possibly two, box sets... But you know I'll be right there. :)

Yep perfect gifts for my birthday ;D

Joe

• A Beginning
    • The Beatles Bible
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2009, 09:46:17 AM »

Double CD sets (Past Masters and the White Album) cost GBP 17.59 on Amazon pre-order. The stereo box set, or complete collection as separates, should be about GBP 175.

Amazon (US) also has a couple of import singles listed, due for release in January 2010. They're expensive and there's no further info, but certainly food for thought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004ZLB2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004ZLB8

Board mods - any chance of a UK pound sign being allowed? At the moment it comes up as £ when typed, which is a pain.

http://www.beatlesbible.com - come and say hi, and PM me any suggestions. It's a work in progress but you'll get the idea...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »

I believe it is a feature to stop spammers. I normally get around this by writing quid but I shall see where the big boss Dmitry stands with it. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Joe

• A Beginning
    • The Beatles Bible
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »

Great - thanks for that.

HMV is listing the pre-orders at 8.99, which is pretty good value (the non-remastered discs cost more than that at the moment, though the prices will go through the floor in time). Again, no box sets listed yet. http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=4326
http://www.beatlesbible.com - come and say hi, and PM me any suggestions. It's a work in progress but you'll get the idea...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2009, 09:54:27 AM »

Quote from: 986

Yep perfect gifts for my birthday ;D

Hmmm mines coming up...shame it's not released till september. Gives me time to think about saving some pennies. I better get busking! lol
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »

Quote from: 1255
.................................AND I WANT IT 09-09-09................................................

something to do with the 9's again, john's lucky number, so thats also john's spirit looking down on us.  ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2009, 08:06:38 PM »

^  Yeah, it was really thoughtful of them to choose 9-9-09 as the release date.  What a subtle but fun way to honor John's memory. ;)

« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2009, 02:05:56 PM »

While this is great news to replace the existing poor cd versions, I wonder what the worth is in just remastering the existing stereo mixes. Particularly anything pre-68 the stereo versions were just thrown today compared to the attention given to the mono mixes. Why not spend time creating stereo mixes that preserve the feel and intention of the original mono mixes? e.g. the existing stereo version of Sgt. Pepper is universally accepted as being poor compared to the mono version, so while the remastered version may sound better from a sonic point of view, as a mix it's still going to be inferior to the mono version which reflected the intension of the band and George Martin.
Here There And Everywhere is an example - the existing stereo version has the great harmonies all crammed together coming out of one channel. The version released as part of the Anthology project on the Real Love cd single has these harmonies in glorious stereo - to go with McCartney's guide vocal!! Wouldn't it be better to have something like this on a remixed stereo Revolver, but which preserves the original feel of the record?
Just a thought. But the mono box set sounds great!!

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2009, 02:22:32 PM »

maybe they remixed it as well?
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »

Quote from: 748
maybe they remixed it as well?

I'm hoping they have ! but the press release doesn't make it sound like they have.

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2009, 01:47:56 AM »

Quote from: 2050

I'm hoping they have ! but the press release doesn't make it sound like they have.
I've been thinking about that as well. Remastering doesn't necessarily mean remixing.

Hello folks, been a long time! Just had to come back in light of this news. Looking forward to putting my ears to the test in Sept. A lot of questions on this though. Did Paul and Ringo have any participation on this? I can understand George Martin bowing out being retired and his hearing going down. What about Geoff Emerick? Anything to do with him?

I guess the liner notes may tell us.
Henry the Horse

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »

All in stereo! My favourite Please Please Me! I won`t resist it...

Bobber

« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2009, 07:07:27 AM »

Quote from: 233
Hello folks, been a long time! Just had to come back in light of this news. Looking forward to putting my ears to the test in Sept. A lot of questions on this though. Did Paul and Ringo have any participation on this? I can understand George Martin bowing out being retired and his hearing going down. What about Geoff Emerick? Anything to do with him?

I guess the liner notes may tell us.

Welcome back!
I haven't heard of any role for Geoff Emerick in this process.

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2009, 12:31:37 PM »

Let's say that when the albums come out, each will be available as mono and stereo.  Of all the discs being remastered, which ones would be better as mono and which would be better as stereo?
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Bobber

« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »

I'd say it depends on how they have made the early album stereo...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 92 queries.