Beatles forums > Albums

Anyone collect their vinyls?

<< < (51/52) > >>

tkitna:

--- Quote from: pc31 on November 02, 2014, 02:35:12 PM ---i am thinking about dumping my collection...i am just not into it like i use to be...i got a lunch box dolls 45s with sleeves albums vintage posters some old mags patches stick pins cake decorations and more but its just gathering dust and taking up space... :-[

--- End quote ---

Send me back the Pete Best record I have you then ya bastage.

oldbrownshoe:
The time to get vinyl was the dire 1980s.

In the dire 1980s everybody shifted over-night (err, not me, didn't buy a CD player until 1997) from a format that cost about £3.49 - £5.49 per unit to a format (in its infancy and with little in the way of sleeve-notes or bonus tracks, and often appallingly transferred) that cost anything from £12.99 - £18.99 per unit.

Fast forward to 2014, and now is the time to buy CDs, a format (advanced, sleeve-notes, bonus tracks aplenty) that costs anything from £1 to, at the very most, about £9.99, and yet a significant amount of people, or so we're led to believe by the Record Industry, are prepared to pay upwards of £50 for an album which, judging by all the comments of Amazon, has a 50/50 chance of being made with really poor materials despite the claims of 'virgin vinyl' etc. on the cover.

I don't get it.

Bingo Bongo:

--- Quote from: oldbrownshoe on November 03, 2014, 10:56:54 AM ---The time to get vinyl was the dire 1980s.

I don't get it.

--- End quote ---

Funny, What comes around goes around  glassesslip

Now was the time for me to sell off my original Canadian Capitol records, as I got "top dollar" for them.

*** Still have these for sell: Super rare 1980 FULL Stereo retro Capitol "Beatlemania! With The Beatles" Album and the hard to find Dr Ebbets needle drop recording CD of the same album.

Did all this since I collected all the Original UK LP's, and am now currently buying the original UK Singles...

Bobber:
Good stuff.  icon_good

Bingo Bongo:

--- Quote from: VBMCollector on February 15, 2014, 11:08:25 PM ---One of my friends recently offered me a copy of Rubber Soul in mono pressing (Capitol T 2442, rainbow label). It’s perhaps for me a starting point for a future collection of US pressings. Presently, I’m looking for several UK stereo albums, on original Parlophone Label (PCS).

I am interested in the original British discography since my father introduced me to his collection when I was a child. In the sixties, he collected french singles and EP’s, but as some songs (Thank You Girl, for example) were not published in France, he also sought the English records (it was possible to find there at some stores, in Paris).

--- End quote ---

I recommend everyone buy the original UK LP's.  What people are paying for the 2012 Stereo & 2014 Mono reissue LPs, you could have a great start on the originals. Only the White LP & Sgt. Pepper are a little expensive, the rest not so much. (unless your after the first pressing (Gold) Please Please Me stereo version)  icon_king

Unfortunately, since there was no real "Past Masters", collecting the UK Singles can get a little expensive.  4ac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version