Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Did Pete ever have fantasies of revenge?  (Read 9271 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Did Pete ever have fantasies of revenge?
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:17 PM »

AND what possible story line would Help have followed if Pete had remained...

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 11:27:42 PM »

Maybe Birth of the Beatles was Pete's revenge?

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 11:29:29 PM »

i'm not sure why people think they should have reached out to him to explain the sacking when the guy already knows the reasons.  Its petty to have to hear it from somebody else's mouth.  Life sucks and people get sh*t on everyday. 

Nothing really to say to answer that Todd except I'm glad I don't live in your world.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 09:39:46 AM »

Nothing really to say to answer that Todd except I'm glad I don't live in your world.

He was a drummer in a band that got fired.  Sure the band went on to have success, but its such a small part of actual life and Pete Best let it consume him, so much so that he almost killed himself.  That's pathetic.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »

All this being said though, this is a good album.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 07:00:12 AM »

Was he though ?
Ive listened to some of those Hamburg you tubes and Pete sounds pretty good to me
Admitably he wasn't great at the Decca audition but none of them were, like most bands the first time in a professional recording studio they were a bag of nerves, similarly at EMI, even Ron Richards has admitted that he picked on Pete a bit as he was obsessed with drummers at the time. I wouldn't have been surprised if Ringo hadn't screwed things up at first, Pete was never given a second chance though.

Interestingly I was just listening to a podcast where they interviewed the authors of a new book on Ringo and his contribution to the Beatles. One of the authors (clearly a Liverpudlian from his accent and a drummer himself ) saw the Beatles at the Cavern a lot with Pete on drums. He said Pete was a very basic drummer but unusually powerful for the time. He hit the drums very hard which contributed to the Beatles dynamic live sound. As long as the Beatles were playing straight up rock live it seems he was a good fit . Ringo was just a different animal. Much more experienced and versatile. He'd played with more bands and was in demand for his skills. He concluded that it's very unlikely Pete could have done what Ringo later did in the studio. Ringo could rise to whatever challenge was thrown at him.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 10:20:37 AM »

Interestingly I was just listening to a podcast where they interviewed the authors of a new book on Ringo and his contribution to the Beatles. One of the authors (clearly a Liverpudlian from his accent and a drummer himself ) saw the Beatles at the Cavern a lot with Pete on drums. He said Pete was a very basic drummer but unusually powerful for the time. He hit the drums very hard which contributed to the Beatles dynamic live sound. As long as the Beatles were playing straight up rock live it seems he was a good fit .

That's exactly what ive heard from my ex Searchers mate
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 07:27:07 AM »

Interesting footnote to this thread

The difference between Paul & John talking about Pete, Paul comes over a nice guy even that he;s in touch with the Bests and saying it was nice that Pete got money from Anthology 1 etc

Whereas John slags him off and comes over as the bully I always thought of him as, no reason to slag Pete off like that, calling him a sh*tty drummer (you dont say that even if true, theres a thing called humanity). in fact he comes over as the way he once describes The Beatles, as big Bastards. He forgot to mention though that it was only him.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFGXD00OLw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFGXD00OLw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_SUTWs3qk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_SUTWs3qk</a>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:23:11 PM by nimrod »
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 06:52:08 AM »

I caught the documentary on Sgt Pepper that just came out on iTunes. Pete was one of the talking heads being used throughout. He looked relaxed, in great shape, and talked how he was glad to have just been a small part of the phenomena that went on to do Sgt Pepper. He related the story of John using his family medals on the album shoot.

It was nice to see him being used in a positive way rather than as an antagonist.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:57:09 AM by Moogmodule »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.234 seconds with 55 queries.