Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beatles Meeting with Jayne Mansfield '64  (Read 21571 times)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatles Meeting with Jayne Mansfield '64
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 05:34:06 PM »

And here's some more info of what Paul was up to :

Behind the scenes Peggy was much gossiped about and as her revealing memoir tells us, it turns out to have been all true. Her affair with Paul McCartney is beautifully told. As she describes it, she was kind of squeezed in between Jane Asher and Linda Eastman, and I for one can see how Asher, Eastman, and Heather Mills are all variations on the Peggy Lipton type. She lived with Lou Adler and so she was right at the center of the LA "youthquake" with the Monterey Pop Festival, the Mamas and the Papas, etc. She even made an LP which I wish was included as a CD in the back of this book but alas no. She survived a close encounter with Sammy Davis Jr., and she "ended up spending three long weekends" with the one and only Elvis Presley.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »

Quote from: 410
Thanks Raxo.It's amusing that Paul, whose idea it was, never met her.

I really appreciate those words, zipp, spicealley from someone like you!!!! ;) (your info was awesome too, thanks!!!)
I've translated it after several hours of partying -I've been partying almost all the weak-end ::)- so I assume that some -several, for sure- mistakes were made so I'd like to ask you: anything you don't understand, please, let me know and I'll try to explain better ;D ...

P.S. Sorry for the delay, The End!!!:B

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 02:35:01 AM »

I remember watching Johnny Carson years ago, or maybe it was Jay Leno, I don't know, but Peggy Lipton was on and she was talking about her affair with McCartney. She was saying about how years later he and Linda were in town and he called her up. She got all excited but he only asked her if she would watch his kids so he and Linda could have a night out.  She was devastated she said because she felt like he was the one and she still loved him but she did it anyway. Now, this was a long time ago and I could be remembering this story completely wrong, but for some reason that's how I remember it. Maybe I'll google it sometime when I'm in the mood. Wonder why he never stuck with her?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 12:36:19 PM »

SOME STUFF ABOUT PEGGY LIPTON

Peggy Lipton
AKA Margaret Ann Lipton

Born: 30-Aug-1946
Birthplace: New York City
Nationality: United States

Peggy Lipton was born to an upper-class family on Long Island, and was sexually abused as a child. She began modeling professionally at age 15, and as often happens with abused children, she became a promiscuous young adult, sleeping around almost as soon as she arrived in Hollywood at the age of 17. Only months later, she was playing a student on The John Forsythe Show, a sitcom set in a private academy. The series lasted only one season, but Lipton remained busy after its cancellation, with TV guest spots and Disney's rarely-screened Civil War drama Mosby's Marauders -- rarely-screened because the Confederate soldiers are the good guys. In the film, Lipton played Kurt Russell's sister and fell for James MacArthur.

In 1968, The Mod Squad debuted, and Lipton became famous as Julie Barnes, a troubled girl from San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury who agreed to become an undercover cop as part of her probation. The part had already been cast with another actress, and the program's producers were just going through the motions with the last few auditions when Lipton walked in, with stick-straight hair and hippie sunglasses. Her sudden fame gave Lipton an "in" for brief encounters with everyone from Keith Moon to Sammy Davis, Jr., and as The Mod Squad ended she fell in love with composer and producer Quincy Jones. When they married, he demanded she give up her acting career, and she acquiesced, working only in a 1979 Return of the Mod Squad TV movie, until their marriage crumbled in the late 1980s. Lipton says she and Jones were often pulled over by police during their marriage, under the assumption that a white woman with a black man must be either a hooker or a kidnapping victim.

In recent years, she has had recurring roles on Twin Peaks and Alias. In NBC's 2000 mini-series The '70s she played Gloria Steinem. In the disastrous 1999 film of The Mod Squad, Claire Danes played Lipton's role.

Brother: Robert Lipton (actor, b. 20-Nov-1943)
Boyfriend: Paul McCartney (musician)
Boyfriend: Sammy Davis, Jr. (musician-actor)
Boyfriend: Elvis Presley (musician-actor)
Boyfriend: Lou Adler (producer, cohabited)
Boyfriend: Terence Stamp (actor)
Boyfriend: Christopher Stamp (brother of Terence, above)
Boyfriend: Keith Moon (musician)
Husband: Quincy Jones (m. Sep-1974, div. 1990, two children)
Daughter: Kidada Jones (actress, b. 22-Mar-1974)
Daughter: Rashida Jones (actress, b. 25-Feb-1976)

Golden Globe 1971 for The Mod Squad

TELEVISION
    The John Forsythe Show Joanna (1965-66)
    The Mod Squad Julie Barnes (1968-73)
    Twin Peaks Norma Jennings (1990-91)

FILMOGRAPHY AS ACTOR
    Jackpot (27-Jul-2001)
    Skipped Parts (6-Jun-2000)
    The '70s (30-Apr-2000)
    The Intern (21-Jan-2000)
    The Postman (25-Dec-1997)
    Michael Jackson: Video Greatest Hits - HIStory (16-Jun-1995) Herself
    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (28-Aug-1992)
    True Identity (23-Aug-1991)
    Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects (3-Feb-1989)
    Purple People Eater (1988)
    A Boy... a Girl (25-Apr-1969)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 03:50:26 AM »

Wow, thanks for translating that long article, Raxo! Thanks for all the info, folks!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »

Quote from: 551
Wow, thanks for translating that long article, Raxo! [...]
It's a pleasure!  ;)(sorry for the delay tho) :B

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:29:19 PM »

When I see Beatle pictures, my eyes automatically focus on John Lennon.  

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »

Quote from: 410
And here's some more info of what Paul was up to :

Behind the scenes Peggy was much gossiped about and as her revealing memoir tells us, it turns out to have been all true. Her affair with Paul McCartney is beautifully told. As she describes it, she was kind of squeezed in between Jane Asher and Linda Eastman, and I for one can see how Asher, Eastman, and Heather Mills are all variations on the Peggy Lipton type. She lived with Lou Adler and so she was right at the center of the LA "youthquake" with the Monterey Pop Festival, the Mamas and the Papas, etc. She even made an LP which I wish was included as a CD in the back of this book but alas no. She survived a close encounter with Sammy Davis Jr., and she "ended up spending three long weekends" with the one and only Elvis Presley.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 05:08:40 PM »

Quote from: 297

The Beatles and their hectic meeting with Jayne Mansfield - ''Whiskey-a-Go-Go'' Hollywood, California (August 26, 1964)
--------------------

On Sunday, August 23, 1964 (7:30 pm), in the middle of their American tour, The Beatles were in Los Angeles, California giving a press conference at the teen night club called ''Cinnamon Cinder'' (2 hours later they would play at the ''Hollywood Bowl''). ...

Lennon mixed cocktails for her and her assistants, mixing gin, vodka, red wine and cocaine as the ''secret ingredient''...  ...

I had no idea that the Beatles were into cocaine that early (August 1964). Then again John did the the coke bottle train scene in A Hard Day's Night.  Do you folks think this source is reliable?
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:45 AM »

Interesting thread. I didn't know about Paul and Peggy, but i suppose most women were fair game for the boys back then.
just on Bardot, I think it was 1968, John got to meet her in a hotel but he was very drunk and stoned, and passed out on the floor, after groping her. He was with his mate Pete Shotton at the time, I think.

Bobber

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »

I've refreshed the pictures in raxo's translation. ImageShack seems to no longer displace a lot of pics.

Also, Bill Harry told the story on Johns meeting with Brigitte Bardot here: http://www.triumphpc.com/mersey-beat/beatles/bardot.shtml
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.288 seconds with 60 queries.