Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Finding the Beatles in the oddest places  (Read 3021 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Finding the Beatles in the oddest places
« on: April 11, 2015, 01:27:07 AM »

I was doing a twitter trawl on latest news today when this website/twitter account caught my eye.

http://beatlesonbanking.com/

It's a financial writer who uses the Beatles as a hook. Seems he does an article using a Beatle song title, then includes a clip of that song after the article. It appears to be a new site though as I could only find the one article titled Paperback Writer. Interesting to see how long he keeps the gimmick up.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: Finding the Beatles in the oddest places
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 02:42:12 AM »

Ha ha! That's almost enough to make me read an economics blog. Looks like this is his first entry. I wonder if he's going to use the obvious one...

http://youtu.be/_awAH-JJx1k

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:37:41 AM »

Ha ha! That's almost enough to make me read an economics blog. Looks like this is his first entry. I wonder if he's going to use the obvious one...

http://youtu.be/_awAH-JJx1k

Judging by him only doing one post in January seems he's run out of puff already.  ;)

KelMar

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 02:44:19 AM »

Judging by him only doing one post in January seems he's run out of puff already.  ;)

Ha ha! I didn't think about January being so long ago, just that he only had one entry. I guess it couldn't be topped.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 12:45:22 AM »

I just re-read The Shining (and as usual could not put it down) and was surprised that I'd missed, or forgotten, a reference to the Beatles, toward the end of the novel, while Jack is in the ballroom:

The conversation had begun again, lifting and dropping in its own rhythm, weaving in and out of the band music, now doing a swing version of Lennon and McCartney's "Ticket to Ride."

Stephen King always has awesome music references in his books.

Now I'm tempted to watch the 1980 version (and maybe the 1997 TV version; I have both on DVD) to see if this was played in either of the films. I'm sure I would have remembered, but at my age, who knows.

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 01:07:18 AM »

Stephen King always has awesome music references in his books.

I noticed that when I read 11/22/63. I'm too scared to read a lot of his stuff but something about the way he writes makes me think that I'd really like to talk to him, if that makes sense!

If you find out that there's a band playing in the movie I hope it sounds livelier that this:

http://youtu.be/RZiJ8QxJEAc

They aren't bad, I was just expecting something swingier.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 07:24:05 AM »

Ha ha! I didn't think about January being so long ago, just that he only had one entry. I guess it couldn't be topped.

He seems to have started up again. He's done three or four posts since June. Still hardly prolific though.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 05:57:54 PM »

I was pumping gas recently, and the gas station (Exxon?) had little TV news and entertainment blurbs playing on a screen while you were filling your tank. A short story came on about how Ringo is now a great-grandfather. I thought that (although not the Beatles per se, just one of them) was a rather odd place.

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 48 queries.