Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Capitol Releases 1 & 2 vs. The Remasters  (Read 1509 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Capitol Releases 1 & 2 vs. The Remasters
« on: September 20, 2009, 07:40:55 PM »

Capitol Releases 1 & 2 vs. The Remasters

I would like to know from those of you out there is it's been 3 yrs or so since the Capitol Releases. Have any of you noticed a vast change in audio quality of the songs on the CR releases vs the Remasters for the songs covering from 1963-1966 for both the stereo and mono versions? Has the audio technology changed that much in 3 yrs.? Or would you think they sound similar and/or the same? I realize certain songs appear on different albums on the Capitol and Remaster CDs. Also, I was wondering why couldn't we have the full version of "You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)" from Anthology instead of the edited version we know on the Remastered "Past Masters"? Unless, they wanted to stay with the original. Why was the edited version of that song orignally released? Were they not happy with the reggae part in the song?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Capitol Releases 1 & 2 vs. The Remasters
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »

Why was the edited version of that song orignally released? Were they not happy with the reggae part in the song?

I've wondered that myself - I love the reggae/ska section in that song and I don't know why it was edited out of the released version (until Anthology).

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:10:58 PM »

I think the raggae section was axed so that it could released as a single (B side to 'Let It Be'). It was to long otherwise.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »

I know I'm a little late to the party, but even now that the 2014 U.S. CD box set was released, they still do not compare to the Capitol sets from 2004-2006, as these new CDs use the U.K. recordings from the 2009 set, not the Original "dexterized versions" from the original Capitol records from 1964 to 1966.

What a shame.   :-[

If you grew up listening to the U.S. versions since Beatlemania, nothing touches the Capitol CD Vol.1 & Vol.2 sets, you gotta get 'em!  icon_good

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 07:43:46 PM by Bingo Bongo »
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 46 queries.