Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Breakup  (Read 5173 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
The Breakup
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:38:47 AM »

I'm sure this has already been a thread but I wanted to discuss the breakup.  Who do you feel was responsible?  Could it have continued?  Any comments concerning this.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: The Breakup
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 03:10:54 AM »

John.  Paul
Maybe.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 04:13:46 AM »

They couldn't have continued on that way, and the breakup was undeniably Paul's fault. "Long and Winding Road" was the last that the rest of the band could take. After that, they made Abbey Road as a goodbye and called it quits. Thanks, Paul.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 03:56:59 PM »

John 'divorced' the band before Paul did.

It was not all Paul...you think Yoko's unwanted presence in the studio did not add to the tension?  Let alone the money and management disputes, the fact that they were ten years older and wanted to do other stuff...

There were MANY elements involved, but if one MUST assign blame John started the band and he broke it up.

JohnLennon

• One And One Is Two
  • lennon 817
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 06:41:20 PM »

yeah it was Lennon
DAVID PEEL IS REAL

bulldog_0909

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 09:54:27 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1087173527,s=3 date=1087228619]John 'divorced' the band before Paul did.

It was not all Paul...you think Yoko's unwanted presence in the studio did not add to the tension?

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 10:35:29 PM »

I agree that Lennon may have been the bigger force behind it...or at least as much as McCartney, anyway....but I couldn't resist making a post that could potentially rile up the blind MACCA fans....luckily, everyone on this forum (with one exception) seems to take an unbiased look at everything before making a decision.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 11:27:28 PM »

It was that bastard Ringos fault! He couldnt get along with anybody!

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 10:14:45 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1087173527,s=7 date=1087255648]It was that bastard Ringos fault! He couldnt get along with anybody![/quote]

True, you had to put rose petals out on the drums for Mr. King Ringo just to get him to play again! Sheesh!

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 10:38:07 AM »

It was just four guys who had spent 10 years in the same job together. Couple that with all the tension and hassle of being the four most famous guys on the planet along with everyone telling them they were all great can only result in one thing. I'm kinda glad they broke up when they did... I mean, who respects the Stones these days? The most famous garage band in the world...

They just wanted to do there own thing, unfortunately a lot of people need to reason it or point the finger. It wasn't for anyone else to decide but them.

That's my take on it... It's kinda funny, I've been in the same Beatle Tribute band for nearly 14 years now and I kinda know what they were going through! Obviously on an infinitely smaller scale!

God Bless,

Rob.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 10:47:58 AM »

7 years actually dude rob

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 11:04:15 AM »

If you want to be pedantic, as you obviously do, it was 7 years in the public eye and with Ringo. But as you should know, running a site about The Moondogs, that they were together for a lot longer than that...

Stratford

• A Beginning
  • Young and unlearned
    • Lair of tilly
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »

I think it was a healthy decision to split up. In their own words, their disputes was making the music suffer. Thinking about it, in my eyes it was better to have such a finite period of great music, instead of keeping it going and going, until nobody cared about them or their music.

And I believe it's too difficult to find anyone's really responsible. I think there must have been several details surrounding the breakup than the media ever got their hands on. Though it's a bit silly, perhaps, I've always imagined Let it be's about the breakup - you know, "Let it be, there's too many things you don't undertand. Just let us make this decision ourselves".

Whoa, that's enough speculation from me today :)
You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly.
George Harrison[/righ

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 06:40:08 PM »

i think its John lennons Fault and mr. Yoko ono

Paul McCartney :)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 06:40:33 PM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1087173527,s=13 date=1088620808]i think its John lennons Fault and mrs. Yoko ono[/quote]

Paul McCartney :)

beatlegirl200

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 07:06:01 PM »

Yoko should never have been allowed in the studio when they were recording.  I don't remember ever seeing Cynthia or any of the other wives in there every single time.  I think Yoko was a little weird back then anyway...

Paul also has to take some of the blame...

I think it was bound to happen the way they were acting towards the end... 

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 12:34:51 AM »

[quote by=Stratford link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1087173527,s=12 date=1087311179]I think it was a healthy decision to split up. In their own words, their disputes was making the music suffer. Thinking about it, in my eyes it was better to have such a finite period of great music, instead of keeping it going and going, until nobody cared about them or their music.[/quote]

I think it is good that there is a finite amount of music, but i wish they had parted on better terms, som you might still be able to see new Lennon/McCartney song that they wrote for other people, or ruenions.  I just think the way things deteriorated is really sad, I mean Paul and John were so close, and then like 2 years later John releases How Do you sleep.  The lawsuits and all, i just wish it was a mutual breakup.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Patton

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's all in the mind.
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 03:52:20 PM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1087173527,s=0 date=1087173527]I'm sure this has already been a thread but I wanted to discuss the breakup.
Adam Priestle

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2004, 06:43:26 AM »

[quote by=beatlegirl200 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1087173527,s=15 date=1088622361]Yoko should never have been allowed in the studio when they were recording.

Blackbird

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2004, 03:00:11 AM »

Yoko!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.716 seconds with 86 queries.