Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Wrecking Crew  (Read 19730 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2014, 01:45:55 AM »

Damn, they did that really good. They had some smoking musicians behind them (I guess they always did).

Davy sounded great!  It looked like they were all enjoying themselves.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2014, 04:00:57 AM »

Davy sounded great!  It looked like they were all enjoying themselves.

Yes, they did. I still can't believe that Davy is gone.

KelMar

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2014, 04:04:17 AM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2014, 04:05:02 AM »

Too bad though that Carol Kaye has been giving herself a terrible reputation in more recent years. Yes, she played on a mind-boggling amount of classic hit songs. No, she never really got the credit she deserved. And yes, she has every right to stand up for herself and her legacy. But it seems she's been taking it quite a bit too far by also claiming quite some important bass parts while there's overwhelming evidence that they aren't hers. She's especially notorious for claiming many classic Motown hits that she couldn't possibly have played on. She's also known for being pretty hostile towards anyone who dares to point out that sometimes she just might be, let's put this nicely, misremembering certain things.

But Brian Wilson seemed to be quite fond of her. In fact, the working title for 'The Little Girl I Once Knew' was 'Carol K'.

^^^

Yes, I've come across that information too. It's hard to say for sure what the undisputed truth is in cases like these.

Fifty years takes its toll on one's memory, I reckon...

THE BLACK ORIGINS OF RUTLE MUSIC

KelMar

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2014, 04:30:45 AM »

^^^

;D

KelMar

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »

I happened to listen to this on YouTube and discovered that's yet another song with Carol Kaye. She just keeps turning up!

http://youtu.be/TVF6kyFH1mI

KelMar

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »

I got this in an email today from Wrecking Crew Film News:

I know many of you are curious about the progress of the DVD and are wondering about the latest updates on our distribution progress.

We are in final negotiations with a first class distributor and will be making an official announcement imminently. I can't tell you more until the deal is finally done at which time I can give you concrete dates and tell you who will be our partners in the last leg of the film journey.

I apologize for the delay and I really appreciate your patience and support. We know the film will be released theatrically in a limited market that allows us to earn national press and reviews. DVDs and Downloads will go out after that theatrical run.

KelMar

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 04:16:55 AM »

The film is available now for pre-order from Amazon and will be released on June 16th. Looks like Netflix will have it too, at some point.

KelMar

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »

I've been waiting for this to hit Netflix so I can watch it.  Thanks for the heads up Kelley.

KelMar

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2015, 04:59:41 AM »

I've been waiting for this to hit Netflix so I can watch it.  Thanks for the heads up Kelley.

Sure Todd! I wouldn't have known except that my cousin told me she saw it on some movie channel and that reminded me to check.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »

Its still not streaming though.  Only available by DVD.  I know Amazon Prime streamed it, but I guess I still have to wait.   ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »

Its still not streaming though.  Only available by DVD.  I know Amazon Prime streamed it, but I guess I still have to wait.   ha2ha

Only until Friday Todd. Then it starts streaming. :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2016, 01:32:23 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofByti7A4uM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofByti7A4uM</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_a-C6CsvNo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_a-C6CsvNo</a>

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2016, 10:25:05 PM »

It's a great flick, showcasing the work and lives of these incredible musicians. Be sure to catch it.

8)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2023, 11:52:10 PM »

I just read that Jim Gordon, former member of The Wrecking Crew and drummer for Eric Clapton and George, as well as cowriter of "Layla," has passed. I found this article very interesting. I hadn't been aware he battled schizophrenia, or that he was such a prolific musician. 

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/jim-gordon-drummer-layla-cowriter-dead-1235555775/

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 11:54:09 PM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2023, 01:34:04 AM »

In a slightly darker moment I wondered if you could put together a decent band from musos who’d murdered people. While there’s be a few options for producers (Phil Spector and Joe Meek to start) it seems the band would be filled with rappers and French artists.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 70 queries.