Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 643388 times)

KelMar

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9080 on: May 09, 2014, 04:36:29 AM »

Have a safe trip and a good time, Joost.

Yes, Joost, I hope your trip is great and that you enjoy your brief stay in our country.;)

My big excitement for next week will be installing 5 new computers at the public workstations. I love setting up new computers and I'm really glad I got the okay to order them. They are sorely needed and I know the patrons will enjoy them.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9081 on: May 09, 2014, 05:09:02 AM »

And Joost, don't fret none about the short stopover in Houston.  It's lonesome in that there town...

Houston   Dean Martin

;)
I can stay till it's time to go

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9082 on: May 09, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »

Have a safe and fun trip, Joost!!!!!!!

Success for me, and dare I say very timely too! So I locked myself out of my house this morning. I called my friend who "broke in" to my house. It is the same person who gave me the heat pump so he fixed that as we'll and now the smell has gone. And while all of this was happening I got a letter from the landlord saying he will be doing his flat inspections next week! 
It's very lucky that I forgot my keys!!!!!!!

cheer1 cheer1 This is my 4000th post!!!!!  cheer1 partypeople
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:26:36 AM by Kaleidoscope_Eyes »

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9083 on: May 09, 2014, 11:53:44 AM »

Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are going packpacking again. We'll be traveling through Nicaragua and El Salvador for three weeks. And 24 hours from now, I'll be in the USA for the first time ever. Unfortionately just for a stopover at the airport in Houston...

I missed this post, Joost! I suppose by now I am too late, but I hope you have/are having/had a really wonderful time.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9084 on: May 09, 2014, 11:54:54 AM »

Success for me, and dare I say very timely too! So I locked myself out of my house this morning. I called my friend who "broke in" to my house. It is the same person who gave me the heat pump so he fixed that as we'll and now the smell has gone. And while all of this was happening I got a letter from the landlord saying he will be doing his flat inspections next week! 

cheer1 cheer1 This is my 4000th post!!!!!  cheer1 partypeople

Good news about getting your heat pump fixed, KE, and congrats on hitting the 4,000 mark!   :)

KelMar

« Reply #9085 on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »

I love stories like this. Sheer serendipity!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9086 on: May 11, 2014, 12:21:22 AM »

What a great day for birds today! Our Eastern Orioles have returned. I counted 11 Bobolinks in the field. This is amazing as they are threatened by development and need open spaces. Hummingbirds, Bluebirds and one Mocking bird who makes more sounds than all of them put together!

This is the first time I've seen these. Look who's not amuzed with me petting the chicken!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:38:37 AM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9087 on: May 11, 2014, 12:26:11 AM »

What a great day for birds today!

I think the bird who was having the best day was Popcorn! (That is her on your lap, right?) That is a great picture Dave!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9088 on: May 11, 2014, 12:29:58 AM »

I think the bird who was having the best day was Popcorn! (That is her on your lap, right?) That is a great picture Dave!
That's "Sweetheart". She spent about 15 minutes with me getting a scratch. She's like a cat!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9089 on: May 11, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »

Sweetheart, Our resident Hairy Woodpecker and Sweetheart, Popcorn and Chazz (the devil bird)!

I've really come to like that Aussie wine! Lindeman's Bin 50 has a special place in my heart, or something like that! Black Opel Shiraz is the most easily drinkable wine I've ever had. Good job mates!  Whooo, Hoooo!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:43:30 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9090 on: May 11, 2014, 01:05:45 AM »

They like Chevy's too!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9091 on: May 11, 2014, 01:52:54 AM »

This is the first time I've seen these. Look who's not amuzed with me petting the chicken!

I thought she looked a little miffed.  ;)

Great pictures, Dave; thanks for sharing! 

KelMar

« Reply #9092 on: May 11, 2014, 07:01:20 AM »

Look who's not amuzed with me petting the chicken!

LOL I've seen that same look on my German Shepherd when I'm paying attention to one of the other dogs.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9093 on: May 11, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »

The old girls cleaned, oiled and ready for bed! See you in the fall!  :'(
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9094 on: May 11, 2014, 04:51:10 PM »

The old girls cleaned, oiled and ready for bed! See you in the fall!  :'(

She certainly earned a good rest after the winter that just passed!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9095 on: May 11, 2014, 05:55:52 PM »

LOL I've seen that same look on my German Shepherd when I'm paying attention to one of the other dogs.

I meant to say, Kelley, that that pic you posted of your German Shepherd peering over the stairwell made me smile. I could practically read her expression of "What are you doing? I'm waiting to continue MMT!"  ;D   

KelMar

« Reply #9096 on: May 11, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »

I meant to say, Kelley, that that pic you posted of your German Shepherd peering over the stairwell made me smile. I could practically read her expression of "What are you doing? I'm waiting to continue MMT!"  ;D

I'm glad you like it. I do too. Of all our dogs she is the one who is most devoted to me. I don't always think about it but she is always as close to me as she can possibly get. She becomes inordinately excited when she sees me sit down in my recliner because she knows I'll probably be staying put for a while. She never really sleeps until she feels it's save to do so. And to think, I only wanted to raise Labs for Guiding Eyes!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9097 on: May 11, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »

She certainly earned a good rest after the winter that just passed!
She is of unsurpassed loyalty!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9098 on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:21 AM »

She is of unsurpassed loyalty!

Just like a dog.  ;)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9099 on: May 12, 2014, 11:07:59 PM »

Thanks for all the friendly comments! I appreciate it.

So we've been in Nicaragua since last Friday. We arrived in Managua and now we're in Granada. Tomorrow we'll travel further to Leon. We'll probably stay in this country for another week or so, then we'll go to El Salvador. We're flying back on the 27th from Guatemala City.

The stopover in Houston sucked. The people working at that airport are some of the rudest, unfriendliest people I ever met.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 527

Page created in 0.939 seconds with 80 queries.