Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lennon/McCartney  McCartney/Lennon  (Read 4639 times)

Lennon/McCartney  McCartney/Lennon
« on: April 12, 2005, 12:47:54 AM »

I didn't realize until today that back in '91 Yoko had Paul's name taken off of 'Give Peace A Chance', so I can see why Paul would want to lift his leg on the proverbial musical hydrant.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
Re: Lennon/McCartney  McCartney/Lennon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 12:55:53 AM »

Didn
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:57:26 AM »

I'm pretty blase about the whole thing. Whatever happens, happens.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 01:11:39 AM »

I wouldn't want Yoko Ono as my co-writer on anything.  She's about the biggest nothing that popular or avant garde culture has ever produced.

Lennon and McCartney ought to have divided up the songs when the Beatles split the way that Chris Bell and Alex Chilton did when CB left Big Star.  Made a clean break.  

But I have a sneaky suspicion that Yoko knew she'd make a helluva lot less out of that deal than Paul.  

And she's got a talentless son to support.  

If Lennon had had any balls when he wrote "How Can You Sleep" and mentioned "Yesterday" he should have abnegated all rights to the songwriting royalties to the song at that time.  But then Yoko always had the balls in that couple.  

Sometimes I wonder how John slept at night.  

Please excuse the rant, but the idea that someone as talented as Paul McCartney should have to cowtow to someone as talentless as Yoko is abysmally pathetic.  

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 02:29:03 AM »

Quote from: adamzero
I wouldn't want Yoko Ono as my co-writer on anything.

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 04:34:40 AM »

Who the hell is McCartney/ Lennon  It is and always should be Lennon/McCartney.  If Paul was so flustered about the song writing credits for his songs then he should have brought that up when The Beatles started and not some 40 years later.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 04:47:52 AM »

Quote from: Mr._Kite
Who the hell is McCartney/ Lennon  It is and always should be Lennon/McCartney.  If Paul was so flustered about the song writing credits for his songs then he should have brought that up when The Beatles started and not some 40 years later.

Mr. Kite

not always...

---powered by Moondogs®---

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 06:31:43 PM »

they forgot misery

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »

Since John & Paul only wrote a few songs literally together especially at the height of Beatlemania up until the breakup.  I think it should just be their names on their individual songs like Across The Universe & Yesterday.  Having an argument in court about whether it should stay Lennon/McCartney or go McCartney/Lennon on some Beatles classics is crazy.  

fabmark

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 06:28:15 AM »

They should leave it as it is, its just another showing of that HUGE McCartney ego again.
Shut up and sit down Paul.
Let em come &nbsp;:-/

jeanie

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 12:48:11 AM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
I think it should just be their names on their individual songs like Across The Universe & Yesterday.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 08:48:58 PM »

I don't understand why John and Paul ever agreed on always sharing songwriting credits anyway. I would never do that.

jeanie

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 12:57:31 AM »

I think it was rather nice of them to share with each other.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 02:09:42 AM »

This debate always drives me nuts. I can't understand why Paul would WANT to change it considering John is dead. Way to walk over your dead friend's grave just to massage your own ego.

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 02:18:52 AM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
I don't understand why John and Paul ever agreed on always sharing songwriting credits anyway. I would never do that.

They were always playing their acoustics together in the beginning and working on songs together, so it probably just seemed logical. There was alot of give and take at the beginning. They had no way of knowing that they were going to be the biggest band ever.

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2005, 12:30:16 AM »

Yoko is hard to take.  Lennon obviously saw something in her that no one else did.  I relate to Lennon's songs better than I do McCartney's although McCartney is talented and did some great stuff.  I think "In My Life" is a better song than "Yesterday."  I do a lot of Lennon in karaoke bars, like "Revolution" & "The Ballad Of John & Yoko.  http://www.jimcolyer.com

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2005, 12:05:56 AM »

It's easy for Paul to speak out now-John's been dead for over twenty years. He never came out like this when John was alive. And it would be crazy to try to split all the songs up-this is McLennon-this is Lenartney. Most of the early songs were cowritten-eyeball to eyeball-as both John and Paul have said. It got more distinct later-one of the first prominent examples being Yesterday-and that's when Paul should have said something-not now. The staute of limitations has long passed on changing The Beatles history.

Bobber

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 04:53:39 PM »

I heard a rumour that Yoko Ono is wanting to change her name into
Ono Yoko

Heart

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2005, 02:02:41 AM »

Quote from: adamzero
I wouldn't want Yoko Ono as my co-writer on anything.  She's about the biggest nothing that popular or avant garde culture has ever produced.

Thats really harsh. Who are you to judge someone's worth?

Indy_Ringo_Fan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 12:21:37 AM »

I don't know why it's been such a big deal lately for Paul to want to switch it from Lennon/McCartney to McCartney/Lennon on some songs, ie Yesterday.

Everybody and their mom knows who wrote Yesterday, so it's not as if he's not getting the credit he deserves for writing it.

I know he switched around the Beatles tracks to McCartney/Lennon on the Wings Over America album back in the 70s.  John was obviously still alive then, but I've never seen anything said by John himself that he was p*ssed about what Paul did.

Paul has said that he was wrong to want to switch the authorship around a few years ago, but I don't know....
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.375 seconds with 83 queries.