Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

King Crimson

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:
I'm not a fan of Prog Rock, but In The Court Of Crimson King is an album I really like.

Ovi:
'In The Court' is simply stunning. It's been a while since an album impressed me so much. My personal favourites are the bombastic '21st Century Schizoid Man', the melancholic 'I Talk To The Wind' (how I love that guitar tone and Greg's dreamy vocals) and the imposing 'Epitaph'. The remaining tracks are great as well, except maybe for the instrumental part of 'Moonchild' which can get a bit tedious at times.

Together with 'Selling England By The Pound', they are definitely my favourite prog rock albums. Or it could the fact that they are the only two prog albums I actually own. But hey, they're both great anyways!

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: Ovi on November 14, 2012, 09:23:21 PM ---'In The Court' is simply stunning. It's been a while since an album impressed me so much. My personal favourites are the bombastic '21st Century Schizoid Man', the melancholic 'I Talk To The Wind' (how I love that guitar tone and Greg's dreamy vocals) and the imposing 'Epitaph'. The remaining tracks are great as well, except maybe for the instrumental part of 'Moonchild' which can get a bit tedious at times.

Together with 'Selling England By The Pound', they are definitely my favourite prog rock albums. Or it could the fact that they are the only two prog albums I actually own. But hey, they're both great anyways!

--- End quote ---

Yes, the long intrumental part of "Moonchild" (which at parts hardly can be called as music) almost ruins the album, but there're so many great moments so that's just a minor detail.

nimrod:
I actually think 'Starless' is their best track from the Red album and I agree about Moonchild it gets tedious

Ovi:
Thoughts on 'In The Wake of Poseidon' ? Just gave it a few listens and I think it's definitely not as bad as made out to be. Much of the songs try too hard to sound like the ones on 'In The Court' (at times way too obvious, as well), but I still like most of them. The "peace" snippets are silly, but on the other hand, 'Cat Food' is just awesome - I've never ever heard anything quite like it before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version