Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Two Mono Mixes of I'll Cry Instead and I Am The Walrus?!?  (Read 5827 times)

danielcelano

• A Beginning
Two Mono Mixes of I'll Cry Instead and I Am The Walrus?!?
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »

According Mark Lewisohn's The Beatles Recording Sessions, the mono mix of I'll Cry Instead was made on June 4 1964 but it didn't say anything about two mono mixes and that means two different time lengths. The mono mix of I Am The Walrus was also made on September 29 1967 since King Lear was added, but the book didn't say anything about two mono mixes that were each released in the UK and the US either. Right, guys?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: Two Mono Mixes of I'll Cry Instead and I Am The Walrus?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »

As you know Daniel, the longer version is not really a different "mix". It would be more accurate to call it a different "edit".
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:02:39 PM »

Are you saying that the longer version of I'll Cry Instead is a different edit, not a different mix?

As you know Daniel, the longer version is not really a different "mix". It would be more accurate to call it a different "edit".

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 10:37:06 PM »

That is my opinion. What do you think?
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 01:32:46 AM »

I think the answer is yes.

That is my opinion. What do you think?

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 08:05:04 AM »

Glad we sorted that out.

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 02:40:10 PM »

One other thing. Do you think that the mono mixes of I'll Cry Instead and I Am The Walrus were each released in worldwide?

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »

It doesn't matter what I think.

Tell us Daniel.. what are the facts.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »

One other thing. Do you think that the mono mixes of I'll Cry Instead and I Am The Walrus were each released in worldwide?

Daniel, mono mixes of I'll Cry Instead and I Am The Walrus were released worldwide.  Here in the United States, United Artists released A Hard Day's Night in both mono and stereo.  This album included I'll Cry Instead.

Capitol Records released Something New in mono and stereo which also included I'll Cry Instead.

Parlophone released A Hard Day's Night in mono and stereo which included I'll Cry Instead.

I Am The Walrus appeared on Capitol's Magical Mystery Tour here in the United States in both mono (MAL 2835) and sterero (SMAL 2835).

I won't get into the different US single mixes of I Am The Walrus.  You already are aware of those.

Parlophone relesed the double EP Magical Mystery Tour in both mono (MMT 1-2) and stereo (SMMT 1-2).

I can stay till it's time to go

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »

What does Daniel think?

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »

I think I'm right. And by the way, the mono mix of I Am The Walrus was released on a single in worldwide.

What does Daniel think?

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 01:42:22 AM »

One more thing, guys. Which year was the extra stroke on I Am The Walrus that's next to "Yellow Matter Custard" first heard in the United Kingdom? And which year was the extra stroke on I Am The Walrus that's next to "Yellow Matter Custard" first heard in stereo?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 02:14:11 AM »

Daniel, the US mono single mix had the extra bar preceding "yellow matter custard" and was released here in the United States in 1967.  There was no true stereo version of I Am The Walrus released with that extra bar of music either here or in the UK.

The 1980 US Capitol LP Rarities has a hybrid mix of I Am The Walrus described thusly:  Stereo, new mix compiled from US single and UK album mixes: six-bar intro and extra beats before the "Yellow matter custard" verse; not available on CD

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 03:41:49 AM »

But a true stereo of I Am The Walrus released with that extra bar of music was released on Anthology 2 since it's lacking the bass, orchestra, the singing choir and last but least, the King Lear broadcast.

Daniel, the US mono single mix had the extra bar preceding "yellow matter custard" and was released here in the United States in 1967.  There was no true stereo version of I Am The Walrus released with that extra bar of music either here or in the UK.

The 1980 US Capitol LP Rarities has a hybrid mix of I Am The Walrus described thusly:  Stereo, new mix compiled from US single and UK album mixes: six-bar intro and extra beats before the "Yellow matter custard" verse; not available on CD

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 04:01:22 AM »

Right.  I was talking about single and LP releases in 1967 with the bass, orchestra and choir.  That's the full song in my opinion.  The Anthology 2 release is interesting though and is true stereo without the deleted tracks.

danielcelano

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 04:48:34 AM »

By the way, I have something for you to download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OV3QTM79

It's a full true stereo version of I Am The Walrus since the extra stroke that's next to "Yellow Matter Custard" is heard. And that's not all.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CCUM0DRY

It's something I made for you to download. I hope you'll love them.

Right.  I was talking about single and LP releases in 1967 with the bass, orchestra and choir.  That's the full song in my opinion.  The Anthology 2 release is interesting though and is true stereo without the deleted tracks.

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 66 queries.