Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 1980 Newspapers!  (Read 2479 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
1980 Newspapers!
« on: May 06, 2006, 01:02:17 AM »

I can't believe this!!! My mom found all my old 1980 newspapers in some old box in her garage!!! I thought that she threw them out when we moved years and years ago and have been cursing her ever since!!! She shipped them overnight, so I should get them tomorrow or Monday. I can't freaking wait. It's gonna be sad though. I mean, all those memories. Especially the one special Newsday section with that pic of John holding the rose. I remember staring at that one for hours after I found out he died. Its probably got tear stains on it. Jeez, I just can't believe she didn't throw them away. It will be interesting to read the articles and stuff. Even the non related Lennon stuff should be fascinating! I may post a few if they're interesting. The John ones I mean. That is if anyone thinks it worth posting. Anyway, just had to share my excitement!!

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: 1980 Newspapers!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:56:33 AM »

Yeah, you should definitely post those!!! That would be interesting to read. And sad of course. But it would help for us teenagers to get a perspective on the feeling of that time.
Ha, I remember when my dad threw away all my vintage Archie comics... I am still bitter about that.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »

Us teenagers?! How dare you! How dare you! I am me on my own. You are an actress that hopes to fit the bill. We are either counted as individuals or as human beings altogether.

In my opinion.

I love you Mairi.

Ok I admit it would be intresting for those who like newspapers.

Woop woop, come and get me!

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 09:23:55 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
Yeah, you should definitely post those!!! That would be interesting to read. And sad of course. But it would help for us teenagers to get a perspective on the feeling of that time.
Ha, I remember when my dad threw away all my vintage Archie comics... I am still bitter about that.

yeah i agree i would like to read them too ^ ^

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 01:39:14 AM »

I want to scan them in, but my computer is messed up and won't let me scan. It's really bizarre seeing these newspapers again. The articles about John are really interesting. And heartbreaking. They've got a lot of Beatles related articles too. It's also interesting to see the ads and stuff. I like the ads in the back. There are tons of advertisements for marijuana related paraphernalia and stuff. Like every other ad is pot related. Even the t-shirts and jewelry. It's pretty funny. The Billboard chart is pretty interesting to look at too. What a different generation. I'll scan them in one of these days. For anyone interested in that stuff. I know other people around here have their old newspapers from that day/week. I wish they'd scan them. I'd love to read what they had to say over in the UK. Alan has some. I rememer him saying. I don't know if he's ever shared them though.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 05:18:44 AM »

I still have all of mine and all of the tribute magazines I could get my hands on. It's weird when you hold a copy of say, the New York Post from the day after. I can't describe it and it sounds weird, but you're holding the articles from that very day with the news. It always gives me goose-bumps.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 07:46:40 AM »

I've been reading them and it feels really weird. I have a bunch of NY Newspapers from that week, a few Rolling Stones and Peoples from a few years before and after 1980. It took me a while to bring myself to read them, but then once I started I couldn't stop. It was like a trip to the past. It's seems like a million years ago for some reason. What a different world. Hard to explain.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 11:35:44 AM »

Shame you can't scan them Sandra - I'd love to see those.

I've still got all my newspapers (and magazines) too - it is weird looking back at the sports and TV pages!!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 01:59:51 AM »

Yeah the tv pages! Mork and Mindy, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. It's so weird! The movie pages are strange too. Triple X rated movies are advertised on the same page as regular movies!

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be getting a new computer in a couple of months, so I'll be able to do it then. I can't do anything on this crappy old computer. I noticed that the New York Post from December 9th was used in one of the videos on Lennon Legend. The December 10th one is used too. I don't like that one. That's the one with the picture of him dead on the cover. I remember that when it came out. It really freaked me out. The New York Post is such a trash magazine. It's even worse now, but bad enough back then. You should scan yours. I'd love to see them and I'm sure a lot others would as well!

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 12:13:54 PM »

I've got a few days off coming up fairly soon (from 22 May) so I'll see what I can do!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 01:29:57 AM »

Awesome. :)

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 57 queries.