Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: DM's Daily Quiz  (Read 72111 times)

Bobber

DM's Daily Quiz
« on: April 17, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »

Try and play DM's own Trivia Quiz every day! Ten questions every day, differing from easy to hard. But besides giving the right answer, there's a clock ticking as well! Whoever gets the most right answers and in the fastest time, wins! You can play every day of the week, but only once a day. There's a weekly competition as well.

Give it a try! You have to subscribe, but it's free. You can find DM's Daily Quiz here: DM'S DAILY QUIZ!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:30:11 PM by Bobber »

BlueMeanie

Re: DM's Daily Quiz
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 10:03:17 AM »

Good idea. And now the official DM's quiz, as mine has now been cancelled due to a stunning lack of interest!

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:05:03 AM »

i thought we had till sunday to fill in our forms
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:13:28 AM »

Technically, you do, but there's really not enough people taking part to warrant putting it together. If by some small miracle 8 or 9 more people send in answers by Sunday, then I'll consider doing another round, but otherwise I'm not very inspired.

It seems that the questions are too difficult for some people. I thought the questions would inspire some of our younger members to do some research, and learn something about The Beatles, but it hasn't worked out that way. And once again, there are many regular members who don't take part in these things. I'll certainly think twice before doing something like that again.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 10:15:43 AM »

Alright. I'll be sending in some answers before Sunday. They were pretty hard I must admit. The Daily Quiz is an automatic generated quiz which runs by itself...

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 10:24:22 AM »

It's fun, and probably a better idea than mine. My phone rang in the middle of it though!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »

My brain gets so taxed by everything that by the time I check alls looking good round here...i gotta go again. Will try and make more effort but I have never been good at the regular participation involved and don't like the thought of people being let down or dissappointed. Hence I don't normally participate.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »

Quote from: 483
It's fun, and probably a better idea than mine. My phone rang in the middle of it though!

Man, this is tough. If your phone rings, it's all over, because timing is so critical.

Wow, the Swine's a blur!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 10:04:45 AM »

Blimey, I didn't even understand the Simpsons question!!

Bobber

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

That was close Geoff!  :)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 02:05:11 PM »

Quote from: 63
That was close Geoff!  :)

;D

I was trying to click with a bagel stuffed in my face and nearly lost the works answering the "Ob La Di Ob La Da" question. Had no clue about Ed Sullivan, either. But where was The Simpsons question? Are we all getting the same quiz or did I just blow right past it without even noticing?

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 02:08:04 PM »

We will all get the same questions within a week or so I believe, but there's very small differences (in the order of the questions as well) to prevent cheating! I must say that I don't believe there's cheaters in here, so I will reset things to see that we're getting the same questions every day.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »

We will all get the same questions within a week or so I believe, but there's very small differences (in the order of the questions as well) to prevent cheating! I must say that I don't believe there's cheaters in here, so I will reset things to see that we're getting the same questions every day.

Oh, that's it: I was just wondering why I didn't spot The Simpsons question; but I checked my cache and I didn't get one. I doubt we've got any cheaters here, either.

...but I do know there's a Simpsons question lurking in the database somewhere.(teeth1) Bet it's that barbershop quartet episode (B-Sharps or something? Saw it years ago but don't remember much about it now, of course).

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 06:34:53 AM »

Great Quiz!!!

But I don't understand how award points are counted? Yesterday I got 6 points, but today, with more right answers, only one point :(

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »

Quote from: 1
Great Quiz!!!

But I don't understand how award points are counted? Yesterday I got 6 points, but today, with more right answers, only one point :(

It depends on the number of players in the quiz.

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

It depends on the number of players in the quiz.

:o

By the way, Bobber, can I place a link to this quiz on my Beatles website's main page?
It will also attract more players ;)

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »

Quote from: 1

:o

By the way, Bobber, can I place a link to this quiz on my Beatles website's main page?
It will also attract more players ;)

Sure: http://my.funtrivia.com/tournament/DMs-Daily-Quiz-82980.html

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »

todays was far easier than yesterdays ;) even when i got told the answers i got wrong i still didnt understand the question lol

Bobber

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »

It appears you won't be winning today, Paul.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 06:51:21 PM »

It appears you won't be winning today, Paul.

Geoff is just evil!! I am the king!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Page created in 0.251 seconds with 76 queries.