Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Best voice?  (Read 11186 times)

Bacchus

• A Beginning
  • I've got a feeling
Re: Best voice?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 02:45:48 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=17 date=1086387496]

I certainly will. The topic that's not worth discussing is the voice thing.

WE are discussing something else entirely. And guess what, zipp? Yep, you missed the point again![/quote]
i don't understand why you say the "voice thing" is not worth discussing maria? ??)i beg to differ

Rocky Raccoon

• A Beginning
  • Help with good Rocky's revival!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 03:14:16 AM »

Ringo! He should've singed more, his voice is just great, it stands out of the rest. It was very different from the other 3. They also should'be used him more for background vocals and stuff like that, it would've been nice.
In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

I am being bombarded with this "Whaddya mean, it's not worth discussing?". When I said that, I was trying to emphasize a strong opinion: I meant that I thought John's voice was far and away the best ... in fact, best rock voice. I like Paul's voice well enough, I hasten to add. But John takes the prize.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Paul's a good screamer - but no one screams like John. Go Johnny go.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 04:58:56 AM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=19 date=1086393718]

Hmmmm, not so sure about that, listen to Paul's backing vocal on And I Love Her - especially the 2nd "was in vain...". Paul's voice cracks up on the mono version, and totally disappears altogether on the stereo mix.

Paul also sings out of tune on Hold Me Tight (although this may have been deliberate).

They both had amazing voices - Paul had the greater range but John had great power and feeling; one of the greatest EVER rock voices.[/quote]

Yes, but you're talking about the very few anamolies.  Paul had an exceptionally good command of his voice.  John did too, in a different manner.

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2004, 05:01:33 AM »

[quote by=Rocky_Raccoon link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=21 date=1086405256]Ringo! He should've singed more, his voice is just great, it stands out of the rest. It was very different from the other 3. They also should'be used him more for background vocals and stuff like that, it would've been nice.[/quote]

I do not think Ringo was up to any of that.  He is a shaky lead vocalist at best, and in the background he would have thrown the others off.

He was content in his lot, good guy that he is.

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2004, 09:06:55 AM »

George. Then Paul, then John, then Ringo. But John and George are my faves. :D

Wayne L.

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2004, 11:05:50 AM »

John....with Paul a close second.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=23 date=1086411536]Yes, but you're talking about the very few anamolies.

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2004, 05:03:08 PM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=27 date=1086453540]

I absolutely agree. I must admit though, for me, it's really hard to be objective after all these years of hearing the same songs over and over! John was always my favourite and when he blasts out a song it makes my hair stand on end... in a good way! Paul seemed to change his voice depending on what he was singing - Just listen to Till There Was You (crooner), Long Tall Sally and Kansas City (Paul's "Little Richard" voice), Blackbird, Here There and Everywhere (soft ballad). [/quote]

Which is all I was ever saying: Paul had more command over his voice and used it, John had a great natural rock voice but could also sing softly very effectively as well.

Bacchus

• A Beginning
  • I've got a feeling
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2004, 05:36:27 PM »

Man no question paul could sing a bird out of a tree, but john....just had a certain something.He could sound dreamy and introspective or could sound harsh and rock your socks off when he felt like it.paul could do the same one could argue and indeed he could,but john had a an indefinable quality to his voice that i've not heard in any other singer.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2004, 08:41:44 PM »

I can't compare voices or choose a favorite. That's way too hard!! I think they each have such distinctive and beautiful voices that are perfect for the songs they made. I wouldn't want Paul singing a John song or John singing a George song. It's perfect they way it is because they were so equally talented. (Sorry Ringo) Although, Paul does have the widest range. If you want to talk technical or whatever.

Rocky Raccoon

• A Beginning
  • Help with good Rocky's revival!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2004, 02:59:11 AM »

Have you heard John singing Honey don't (in live at the BBC)? I think ringo does way better. I'm not saying that Ringo sings better than John, it depends on the song. Everyone had its own style and their voices fit in some songs better than in others.
In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

guitarhero2000

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2004, 09:21:55 AM »

i think Paul had the best 'formal' voice in the sense that he had a bigger range (of notes) than John but John changed his voice more (courtesy of George Martin) and so his voice on 'Prudence' is massively different to 'Walrus'. I love John's mixture of forcefulness and vulnerability in his voice (listen to 'And Your Bird Can Sing' for an example).
This is an interesting discussion Maria because their voices are a key to their personality. It's always interesting to hear a vulnerable, insecure person pretending to a tough guy and that comes out in JL's voice.

BeatleMania2004

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2004, 10:22:28 AM »

Paul. I just like his voice. Not something you can really explain, it just sings to the heart in a way.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2004, 05:57:15 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=17 date=1086387496]

I certainly will. The topic that's not worth discussing is the voice thing.
[/quote]

That's exactly what I said Maria.

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2004, 06:01:02 PM »

But I don't agree with you and neither do all these other people who are contributing to the debate.

I agree with Rocky that John's job on Honey Don't isn't particularly great.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2004, 08:12:20 PM »

[quote by=zipp link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=34 date=1086544635]

That's exactly what I said Maria.

[/quote]

Huh? You quoted me: "I certainly will. The topic that's not worth discussing is the voice thing."

And then you say that's exactly what YOU said? But zippy, YOU never said that the voice thing is not worth discussing! I did!

You are VERY confused. As usual. 

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2004, 08:14:26 PM »

[quote by=zipp link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=35 date=1086544862]But I don't agree with you and neither do all these other people who are contributing to the debate.

[/quote]

Did you read what I wrote:
I am being bombarded with this "Whaddya mean, it's not worth discussing?". When I said that, I was trying to emphasize a strong opinion: I meant that I thought John's voice was far and away the best ... in fact, best rock voice. I like Paul's voice well enough, I hasten to add. But John takes the prize.

In other words, I was using hyperbole to make a point. Sheesh!

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2004, 09:30:43 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=36 date=1086552740]

Huh? You quoted me: "I certainly will. The topic that's not worth discussing is the voice thing."

And then you say that's exactly what YOU said? But zippy, YOU never said that the voice thing is not worth discussing! I did!

You are VERY confused. As usual.

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2004, 09:50:20 PM »

[quote by=zipp link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1086318425,s=38 date=1086557443]

I said that YOU said the voice topic was not worth discussing.
Everybody else except you understood this was what you said.
You then try to justify your bullying tactics by saying it was hyperbole.
It was in fact intimidation.
And it didn't work.

I won't bother answering yor next post unless it's directly connected to the topic which you have now sidetracked into your usual 'I'm right,you're wrong' mindset.

[/quote]

Arrrggghhh! You said that I said that he said that you said ...

Do you ever go back and follow what's been said, zippy? No, I didn't think so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 76 queries.