Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dave Matthews  (Read 1493 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Dave Matthews
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:48:53 AM »

I was wondering what everybody thought of Dave Mathews.  I heard someone once describe his sound as Beatle-esque and i though that was way off.  I personally don't like him, think he's a bit of a whiner.  But some people really like him so im just wondering.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Re: Dave Matthews
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 08:53:23 AM »

He's alright in small doses......I have trouble sitting through his whole albums though. I'd say Before These Crowded Streets was the best of the bunch.  His solo album and the Busted Stuff release show that his songwriting skills have declined quite a bit as the material is pretty dull.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Beatle Ed

• Getting Better
  • //0-0\\//- -\\
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 09:14:39 AM »

I don't think he's like the Beatles. And normally I don't like them. but i LOVED the album "everyday" It was awesome, and some of the songs did have a beatlesque sound to them. If you get the chance you should listen to that album begining to end. Its pretty good. But I haven't really liked anything since that one. Or before for that matter.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:35:52 AM »

Everyday was an interesting release. There's definitely some great stuff on it, but I heard "I Did It" and "The Space Between" so often that I had trouble listening to the album. But there really are a lot of inspired moments on it.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2005, 02:06:26 PM »

Dave Matthews is one of the most nauseating & OVERRATED artist who shouldn't be as popular as he & his overrated band supposedly are which is pathetic.

Page created in 0.514 seconds with 47 queries.