Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Help Oppose John Lennon's Killer from getting Parole this August 2014  (Read 5175 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

I wanted to start a separate thread for this.So its easyer for everyone to find and to keep other Beatles related news in their own threads.

Help Oppose John Lennon's Killer from getting Parole this August 2014

Unfortunately its that time again that John'  murderous, cowardly,killer that assassinated him is up for his Parole hearing again this August 2014.The exact day of the hearing are never posted online.Please also share this information with others to help oppose his release from prison, on other message boards, the internet,Facebook and among friends etc. “You must put in the DIN (Department Identification Number) for Mark D Chapman -  “ 81A3860  “.  On all letters and online forms submitted.

I am not a spokes person and do not speak for Yoko Ono Lennon or any members of John’s family.I do not represent  or belong to any business interests related to John Lennon.I am posting this  as a private citizen to help support John’s wife Yoko and his sons and family and loved ones during this parole hearing.The hearing is just a few weeks away.So please get your letters send with this e mail form and written letters mailed in as soon as possible.Thank you to everyone that sends in letters in opposition of John's killer getting parole.

Submit online a letter of Opposition Of An Inmate's Release - Use this online form.

https://www.parole.ny.gov/boardletters/forminput.jsp

https://www.parole.ny.gov/letters.html

Letters in opposition of an inmate's release can also should be sent to the address below and they will be forwarded

Mail can be addressed to:
New York State Division of Parole

1220 Washington Ave, Building 2

Albany, New York 12226-2050

https://www.parole.ny.gov/contact.html

You can look up yourself  on the parole hearing calendar for August 2014. And his names shows up.For a parole hearing this August 2014

https://www.parole.ny.gov/calendar.html

http://161.11.133.89/ParoleBoardCalendar/interviews.asp?name=C&year=2014&month=08

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:56:02 PM by peregrine9 »
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

Keep Chapman in a small cell for the rest of his life with this video playing non-stop, over and over and over...

WE'RE ALL WATER by Yoko Ono
I can stay till it's time to go

Bobber

To be honest I'm not sure. Of course it is a horrible thing what has happened, but everybody should get a second chance. Even tho your heart says something else.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023

To be honest I'm not sure. Of course it is a horrible thing what has happened, but everybody should get a second chance. Even tho your heart says something else.

I feel a bit the same. While part of me agrees wholeheartedly with HG's suggestion to inflict him with Yoko singing forever, we shouldn't judge a persons deserved sentence just on whether or not they killed someone famous. I'd accept his parole being judged on it's merits comparable to other premeditated and unprovoked murders in that jurisdiction. If that means him staying in another ten years I'm fine with that too of course.

Actually it's a pity Yoko opened her mouth on the video. The band was sounding pretty tight.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs

Mark Chapman pled guilty to second-degree murder which is the highest charge that can be brought for killing a non-law officer in the State of New York.  It was a 20 years to life sentence.  That's the law in New York and so he's up for parole again.  We have to hope that the parole panel looks at what he's done without prejudice.  I'm confident they have in the past and will continue to do so now and in the future.  The murder was premeditated and in other states, and countries, would be classified as first-degree carrying the highest form of punishment without possibility of parole.

I'm a doctor by profession and hold human life sacred.  In the course of my career, I've treated several criminals brought to the hospital for emergency treatment for injuries they sustained during the course their crimes.  Two in particular stand out vividly; an FALN terrorist/bombmaker who was injured while assembling a bomb (several innocents had already died due to bombs he made) and another who was shot several times in a shootout with police officers.  He killed one officer and injured two others.  Our surgical team provided the same exact care to them as we would provide the innocents.

I've always objected to the death penalty because we, as humans, are not infallible.  In the case of Mark Chapman, I believe he should be imprisoned for the rest of his life for commiting the ultimate crime possible, the planned murder of another human being.  It's irrelevant if the victim was famous or not.  I also believe that killers are seriously flawed and cannot be rehabilitated.  I feel parole hearings should be reserved for lesser crimes than premeditated murder.
I can stay till it's time to go

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

I'm bumping this up since August is a only a couple weeks away.

nimrod

Chapman denied Lennon of what ....maybe 40 years of life ?

He denied him watching his beloved Sean grow up

He denied Sean & Julian of their Dad  and no matter what you think of Yoko he denied here her husband

The family also has to live with the possibility that he will be let out and the torment this carries to them

No human being has the right to decide that another persons life should end and if they do they should sacrifice their own life

When there is no doubt, when a murder is premeditated, when there are witnesses, then I believe the perp should be given the death penalty

and who's to say he wont re-offend ?

I believe the world would be a better place without screwballs like Chapman in it

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Bumping thread.

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Bumping Thread.

KelMar

Re: Help Oppose John Lennon's Killer from getting Parole this August 2014
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 03:16:05 AM »

I see he was denied again. Thank God.

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 08:25:36 PM »

I agree In my Life.I'm also glad the murderous scumbag was denied parole.There was enough opposition from John's family and the public.To help make sure he didn't get paroled.

NY Daily News
8/22/2014
EXCLUSIVE:  xxxx xxxxxxxx must continue to serve prison time for John Lennon's murder, parole board says

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/exclusive-mark-david-chapman-stay-prison-john-lennon-murder-parole-board-article-1.1913449

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/23/mark-david-chapman-parole-denied_n_5702783.html

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »

There are a whole lot of killers who do get parole. Killers who ended the lives of victims that we don't know, many of them fathers, mothers, sons, daughters and no doubt many of them great, talented, loving and loved people. I never opposed to any of these killers' paroles. So why would I oppose to Chapman's parole, just because he killed a guy who's music I happen to like? All these actions against Chapman's parole just make it look to me like John Lennon was worth more as a human being than all those other victims. And last time I checked, we were all supposed to be equal.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:38:11 PM by Joost »

Bobber

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »

There are a whole lot of killers who do get parole. Killers who ended the lives of victims that we don't know, many of them fathers, mothers, sons, daughters and no doubt many of them great, talented, loving and loved people. I never opposed to any of these killers' paroles. So why would I oppose to Chapman's parole, just because he killed a guy who's music I happen to like? All these actions against Chapman's parole just make it look to me like John Lennon was worth more as a human being than all those other victims. And last time I checked, we were all supposed to be equal.

That is exactly why I doubted and didn't sign.

KelMar

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 11:13:46 PM »

I didn't say thank God because John Lennon happens to be famous and I love his music. I'm not that shallow and star-struck. I said it because a little boy lost his father that night. And I would feel the same way about any cold-blooded murderer who took away somebody's loved one. I don't happen to know them all by name but believe me, I would.

nimrod

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:37 AM »

I didn't say thank God because John Lennon happens to be famous and I love his music. I'm not that shallow and star-struck. I said it because a little boy lost his father that night. And I would feel the same way about any cold-blooded murderer who took away somebody's loved one. I don't happen to know them all by name but believe me, I would.

Im with you completely on this Kelley
Mark Chapman is no different than any murdering scum who doesnt value human life and thinks they have a right to end someones life, it doesnt matter to me that he killed John Lennon in particular, I would feel the same about any murderer, dont let this evil back on the streets

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »

Im with you completely on this Kelley
Mark Chapman is no different than any murdering scum who doesnt value human life and thinks they have a right to end someones life, it doesnt matter to me that he killed John Lennon in particular, I would feel the same about any murderer, dont let this evil back on the streets

I tend to be a bit Old Testament about people who kill others in cold blood too. When the victim comes back to life they can then be considered for parole.  I didn't join any petition on Chapman though as, like Joost and Bobber, unless I'd do it for all murderers I didn't see the reason to do it for John's killer in isolation. 

I'm more than happy he's still inside though.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »

Murder is irrevocable. No parole.

:police:

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

KelMar

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 07:06:25 PM »

I didn't join any petition on Chapman
I'm more than happy he's still inside though.

That's just where I'm at. I posted my comment here because that's where the topic was. I seriously doubt he'll ever be paroled but I always get nervous when he comes up for it, thinking back to a few miscarriages of justice I've seen.

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 07:52:30 AM »

That's just where I'm at. I posted my comment here because that's where the topic was. I seriously doubt he'll ever be paroled but I always get nervous when he comes up for it, thinking back to a few miscarriages of justice I've seen.

Enclosed is a article with a copy of the parole hearing transcripts for August 2014.For anyone interested in reading what was actually discussed during the parole hearing. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the transcripts.

NY Daily News
8/27/2014
Transcript: John Lennon killer  xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx bragged about his 'incredible stalking' at failed parole hearing

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/transcript-john-lennon-killer-mark-david-chapman-bragged-incredible-stalking-failed-parole-hearing-blog-entry-1.1918964
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:01:03 AM by peregrine9 »

Page created in 1.059 seconds with 80 queries.