Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Lennon vs. McCartney  (Read 15400 times)

Val

• A Beginning
Re: Lennon vs. McCartney
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 06:30:09 PM »

I hear those two singing together and I could not pick!  I would not want to pick. ( I am on a Spanish computer and I can not type contractions here...comes up gibberish! ) 

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 06:48:43 PM »

[quote by=TenBobNote link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1090276035,s=19 date=1090433891]No question.

Honey Pie
Martha My Dear
Fixing A Hole
Blackbird
I'm Looking Through You
Oh! Darling
Etc.

I mean, come on.[/quote]

r u saying bad or good

Paul McCartney :)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 06:49:05 PM »

i hope it means paul is good, if it is i agree, he is the best

TenBobNote

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 06:54:31 PM »

i am saying DEFINATELY good
Think for yourself.

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 08:45:40 PM »

Both are great, especially together. So it's just a matter of taste I voted for John.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 08:47:03 PM »

i voted Paul because i wanted to even the votes out.  They were a team, best together.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 09:35:56 PM »

Lennon

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 07:12:13 PM »

[quote by=number14 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1090276035,s=16 date=1090367115]Thats why paul wrote and sang their most famous song...[/quote]

This won't lead us anywhere...

JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 08:33:31 PM »

[quote by=Sadie4 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1090276035,s=27 date=1090523533]

This won't lead us anywhere...

[/quote]

Haha.. well he did

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2004, 12:18:17 AM »

Just for Ria,,,,,,,Paulie!

number14

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 01:22:56 AM »

good choice

Runforyourlife

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 02:20:36 AM »

Gee, I really don't get these polls. I love Paul's music very much- specifically in the Beatles. But John's music, both Beatles and solo, really changed my life. His voice is just chillingly beautiful, and he was such a uniquely amazing human being. No question his music has touched me the most emtionally and every other way, of all the Beatles. Usually, when I think of my favorite Beatles songs, he clearly dominates all the others.

But still...can't we love them all? I just hate to square them up against each other because somehow it provokes fans of one or the other to start berating the opposition, or worse, each other. Its so silly! I just thank heaven we were all so fortunate to be blessed with the beautiful music these four men gave us. No matter what, they were magical together.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 03:38:19 AM »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 04:18:51 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1090276035,s=17 date=1090375797]it looks like yucko behind john in the ratskin coat.[/quote]

LOL! Priceless!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2004, 04:53:17 PM »

I abstain! Both amazing. Love Johns wit and naturalness and I love Paul's melody and work ethic.
Infact I love loads more than that, but I got to go gig!
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

justanotherbeatlescover

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2004, 06:51:27 PM »

[quote by=Runforyourlife link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1090276035,s=31 date=1090549236] Gee, I really don't get these polls. I love Paul's music very much- specifically in the Beatles. But John's music, both Beatles and solo, really changed my life. His voice is just chillingly beautiful, and he was such a uniquely amazing human being. No question his music has touched me the most emtionally and every other way, of all the Beatles. Usually, when I think of my favorite Beatles songs, he clearly dominates all the others.

But still...can't we love them all? I just hate to square them up against each other because somehow it provokes fans of one or the other to start berating the opposition, or worse, each other. Its so silly! I just thank heaven we were all so fortunate to be blessed with the beautiful music these four men gave us. No matter what, they were magical together.[/quote]
i couldnt have said it better//

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2004, 07:51:57 PM »

Lennon, I repsect dearly, and feel..artistic wise..he was always the one who shone.
 But Mccartney, Musically, has the advantage. He is alot more natural when it comes to song-writing etc, and I feel is just better creative wise.
Early on in the Beatles career, Lennon was the leader, and churned a staggering amount of singles out..but in later years...these roles reversed..and we see Mccartney being the boss (in terms of workload).
He created Sgt.Peppers, and had the original idea for the Album Cover Design. He also went to Richard Hamiltons house when the White Album design was being made..and also created Magical Mystery Tour ( dont know if he wants to admit it). His links to the underground happenings of London in the early sixties, and his clever links to movements he admired (Maxwells Silver Hammer)
shows Mccartney to be ahead of Lennon and Harrison in the avante Garde scene, and while still writing classic like Yesterday, was experimenting into strange and wild noises which can be seen in later years.
His Perfect pick-up of Genre Songs, and Carbon-Style Repsectful wink at indiviadual styles (Honey Pie, Michelle, Helter Skelter, Your Mother Should Know etc) show Mccartney to be a skilled Song-Writer, and clever thinker.
I feel Lennon often gets credit while Mccartney is left in the shadow...which is due to many things.
Sadly, John lennons death owes alot to his status. Although John was a great muscian..one of the best..his death ultimately secured his role as being perfect and untouchable (something that is just not fair), while Mccartney etc went on, making mistakes (like everyone) but feeling the heavy blow of critical opinions and damaging cocktails of bad ideas.

John and Paul..needed each other.
I feel their solo stuff..(although good) was just not the same calibre as their previous works..as they needed one another to bounce ideas off each other..and say when a crap idea was suggested.

The Walrus...was Paul.
Let the Beatles Live on.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2004, 02:39:32 PM »

Well said Indica, an informed and concise opinion. (In my opinion)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Jonno

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2004, 05:31:20 PM »

I honestly don't think there's an answer to this, since John and Paul's talents were so individual you can't really compare them. As an all-round musician, Paul was way ahead - a brilliant multi-instrumentalist and singer, and a melodic genius. His songs are more satisfying, with a classical grace and perfection. John, however, was the most original end exciting talent, an even better singer than Paul, and his songs have greater emotional depth. When the Beatles were at their peak, they recorded Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane and A Day In The Life within months. They're all masterpieces, but Paul could never have written Strawberry Fields, John could never have written Penny Lane, and neither of them could have written A Day In The Life on their own. That's what makes The Beatles so untouchable - no other band can boast such huge, yet contrasting talents, who collaborate so brilliantly.

manon

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2004, 12:32:22 PM »

I vote!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 89 queries.